Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by spookybell »

Happy Birthday BSL!!!!!
Oh!!! I want a police officer too!!! I don't think they all look like that! I'd try and get pulled over on a regular basis if they did.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Happy Birthday BSL!! Hope it is terrific!

Thanks bac! I need to go do something very illegal very soon... ;)
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Thanks, guys for your warm wishes. BAC, woooooooo; yeah, I wish they all looked like that! LOL! I did have a good day. My mom and I share a birthday. I went to her house, and we ordered Papa Murphy's Pizza, which is take and bake...I got mushroom. Oh my, it was the best pizza this preggo has had in a very long time...not greasy at all! My sister took me out for dinner to our favorite Mexican place, and afterwards we did some shopping for my soon-to-be baby Amelia. She's due in 5 1/2 weeks, and we picked up some of the little things that we still needed. I'm telling you, my sister can't resist shopping for her! She bought her a onesie that says "I love my Auntie," a bottle, and a pack of diapers. :) Tomorrow we go to my brother's house to have the birthday party of all parties! His son C, was also born on my and my mom's birthday, making 3 generations of us! C will be 1, and my SIL's family will be there as well as ours. I'll get lots of pix and maybe even some video! FUN!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

bac wrote: Happy Birthday BlueStarlight!

Since you are married to a police officer, I thought maybe you would like a few more around to protect you.
BAC~~ If BlueStarlight doesn't want them, I'll definitely put them to good use!! :lol:

On having kids...Growing up, I always thought I'd be married and have two or three kids. As I got older and began my teaching career, finding a suitable man became more and more difficult...yes, I am one of those who thinks husbands should come first, then kids...but if you feel differently, that is perfectly okay with me...it's more of a "I see all the single parents woes with my students kind of thing". Anywho...I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis in 2005 and had to have a complete hysterectomy at the age of 36. I went through the grieving process. Denial, anger, depression...over never being able to actually have children. In the meantime, my sisters were popping out adorable bundles like crazy, so I was able to lavish all my love on them and send them back home once the spoilerage was to a ridiculous level. :twisted: As for my own children...my first one was Bridget, a pomeranian...she died this summer at the age of 13. Now, I have a 7 month old Pomeranian named Bella. Even if I find a man and somehow talk myself into marrying him, I don't want to raise children at this stage in my life. I will be 41 in February. I am happy with things just the way they are. In a lot of ways, I am still much too all about me to have kids. I mean, face it...you can't put a baby behind the doggie gate or in their crate for a little while to get some peace and quiet. Child services might not take too kindly to that. :? However, my hat is off to every mother out there! Parenting is the original teaching career. It is the hardest job any one ever faces! I see good parents, I see bad parents...I am sooooo thankful for the good ones. They make my job a lot easier.

Book to movie adaptation~~I am very wary of movies made from books because they usually disappoint me terribly. However, Lord of the Rings would be my pick hands down. I tried to read the books, I really did...but I gave up not too far into the first one. The movies were actually better than the book to me.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

BlueStarlight- I'm sorry I'm late but I hope your birthday was wonderful. Three people in your family with the same birthday, how incredible is that? Hope the party was tons of fun!

I would have to agree with all of you who thought Lord of the Rings was a good movie adaptation...my pick isn't really a movie...but I read the book Wicked by Gregory McGuire and then I went and saw the play!! The play blew my mind! Sooo much better than the book, with an ending that was sooo much better!

QOTD: What was the best Christmas present you ever gave?

Thank you Naureen!!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

On the first Christmas after his near fatal heart attack, I gave my dad a 18 by 24 inch cross stitch with the first Psalm stitched into it and twenty four trees stitched around it. I made up the design myself and it took two years to make. Ten days earlier, I had given him his first grandchild. He treasures them both.
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Off-topic, but not: I FINALLY got around to reading Angel's Blood by Nalini Singh. Oh. My. Goodness. I just very nearly jumped up and said "move over, Brothers, I need to make room for some Archangels." Loved it. Just had to toss that out and touch base with the Gutter, briefly.

On a slightly less titillating note: my friend's dog slipped out of the house and hasn't been seen in a couple days. She's been checking pet shelters, putting up ads, checking pet finders online... I don't actually live all that close to her (about a three hour's drive) so I've been trying to Google the heck out of it and cover the internet end because she doesn't have internet at her house, only at work. Does anyone have any suggestions? Good sites to check? Maybe even a better idea than just passively waiting for someone to put up a found dog ad? (We've already posted lost dog ones.) The waiting is the hard part. :(

<3 Ren

Carry on with the Christmas questions...
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
missp
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

fanMNM wrote:BlueStarlight-
QOTD: What was the best Christmas present you ever gave?
Hmmmm...Four years ago, I made all four of my best friends a scrapboook each. I am slightly addicted to Creative Memories scrapbooking stuff! :shock: It took me about two months to get all four of them complete. On the day I gave them their gifts...grown men cried! It was a precious moment!

Hope all of you gutter folks had a wonderful day! We had our family Christmas gathering today, and I am totally wiped out! Headed off to dreamland for a bit!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

missp wrote: Hmmmm...Four years ago, I made all four of my best friends a scrapboook each. I am slightly addicted to Creative Memories scrapbooking stuff! :shock: It took me about two months to get all four of them complete. On the day I gave them their gifts...grown men cried! It was a precious moment!
missp I love Creative Memories scrapbooking stuff too. We may have to PM each other to compare tools. (Did that sound dhirty?) Last year I made a scrapbook for my sister for her birthday/Christmas and she actually wrote me a letter to thank me.
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
missp

Post by missp »

LadyDi wrote:
missp I love Creative Memories scrapbooking stuff too. We may have to PM each other to compare tools. (Did that sound dhirty?) Last year I made a scrapbook for my sister for her birthday/Christmas and she actually wrote me a letter to thank me.
LOL!! No, not dirty at all! Well, maybe a little bit. :evil: I have been out of the game for a couple of years because I gave up my house in the country and moved to the city. So, I have ALL the tools from before the big product change. I did 8 1/2 x 11 books before because I liked working with that size. Now, I think they have discontinued that size album. I really need to get back into it again. I have school pics and family pics that are ganging up on me!

Okay, Gutters...I have been to the gym for a workout this morning, and now I am contemplating going up and working in my closets for awhile. :? I have hit my 70 lbs down mark, and I have LOTS of clothes to get rid of...I NEED SOME MOTIVATION! It is so overwhelming!

Ya'll have a great Monday!