Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
alphanubilus
Learning to Love Green

Hello, from Oklahoma

Post by alphanubilus »

How did you pick your screen name?

The name Alphanubilus stems from two words, Alpha (meaning first) and Nubilus (latin for cloudy grey). As to how I came up with it... Well it is very uncreative really. It started out as a sorry excuse for an e-mail addy, as I didn't want to have a name that had 47 numbers at the end. I wanted to find something unusual, and as I was studying a bit of latin at the time, I created this name, and then I started using it on various BBS's, as it was easy for me to remember. :lol:

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?

It is odd really, and a bit complicated... I've never been much of a fiction reader, to be honest. I was always the kind of kid who jumped up for joy at a new book on wolves, dinosuars, or spiders. I'm sure my parents believed I was cracked or something, as it was hard for them to read the books, I liked to read. :lol: However, once in a while I find a fiction book and author that catches my attention. I loved Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. I then read Chronicles of Narnia, and devoured the Harry Potter series. Then comes Twilight... A bunch of my friends had been reading the stories, and I had largely ignored them until I was literally begged into reading them back in May of 2008.

I had just finished working on a rough, rough, rough, rough, draft of a screenplay entitled, "Hour of Darkness" of which delved into the world of werewolves in vampires. In truth, I'm still working on that crazy script. The first few versions read almost like a large history book, rather than a movie. :lol: After I let a few of my close friends read it, then began to bagger me about Twilight. Thus I gave in. I read the first book in about three days and thusly dreamed about Edward... let me put it to you frankly, I dreamed I was strangling Edward... then I awoke and realized that he doesn't need to breath and thusly started New Moon... Loved New Moon and then I purchased Eclipse... Being the big doof, as I am, I then went to the midnight release of Breaking Dawn and was surrounded by the scariest creatures known to man... teenage girls! It was positively horrifying. My friends who went with me disbanded and vanished from sight (of course after I drove them all to the mall to get "Team Edward" shirts -- much to my dismay... oh the betrayal...), and left me to witness untold carnage and lots of hyperventalating. So yeah... I felt a bit out of place, but I picked up Breaking Dawn, none the less and lived happily ever after. Favorite book... I have to agree with Pel on this one... I loved Eclipse and book two of Breaking Dawn.

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?

Jacob Black! Who doesn't?

Who is your favorite minor character?

Seth Clearwater, but I also hold a special place for Carisle... He's got willpower out the wazoo...

What are your hobbies?

I screenwrite...it is both a hobby and a potential profession, at least if my agent has her way. :D

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!)

The Wilds of Oklahoma, and yes folks... it is wild here...

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)

Just turned 30... yikes... I still look like I'm 20 though. :lol:

Anything else you would like to share.

About me... About me...
I could write a mini novella, but that would be boring... In truth, as I am on the subject matter, I am no newbie to the world of werewolves and vampires. In short I grew up with them (not literally THANK GOD!). My dad was a huge werewolf buff, and my Grandfather who is part Cherokee, of whom grew up in the backwoods of the Kiamichi Mountains in Oklahoma, had plenty of shapeshifter stories and such. Then again, we are also talking about a guy who hunted mummies in the Philippines, took on the courts in Pakistan, and thusly speaks 7 various dialects. Grandpa and Grandma's house looks like a museum with Masai garb from Nairobi Kenya to head hunter spears from the high mountains in on the Philippine islands. From battling "demons" in Thailand to adventuring in Morocco, I've seen my fair share of wordly weirdness, but then again, weirdness has always seem to find me, no matter where I go. :lol: I was always a part of the "scooby" gangs while in grade school, and during college years, I got partnered with a bisexual "vampire"... sorry girls, he didn't sparkle, but he was very talented and rich... oddly enough...now that I think of it... his dad was a doctor too! Darn you Stephenie Meyer!!!! My next door neighbor believes he can control the weather... No really... He REALLY does. I found out the hardway, when we took cover in his celler during a really bad tornado. May 3rd 1999 tornado that is... It wasn't pretty, and believe me, once he started his... "machine" me and my family gladly left to deal with the storm our own way. :shock:

I've had my fare share of lame jobs too... I once worked at Blockbuster of which SUCKED... My clientelle was just as exotic as i should have expected... From a couple of whom believed Vlad the Impaler haunted their house, to a young guy who "entrusted in me" the knowledge that he was indeed a werewolf and his life ambition was to grow a tail... Honestly folks... they are out there!

I'm good friends with Brad Steiger, of whom writes all of those paranormal books, including "The Werewolf Book: The Encyclopedia of Shapeshifting Beings" and Alexandra Holzer, the daughter of late Hanz Holzer, of whom was the paranormal investigator who took on the, now famous, Amitty Horror case. If you think my stories are interesting... let these two talk a bit... WOW... Gotta love this world... :ugeek:

As for my screenwriting career... As I write, my agent is pitching a script to Summit (keep fingers crossed). She did some work for them while they were producing, "The Knowing". I'm really excited about that. I'm finishing "Hour of Darkness", and will soon begin scripting another project.

I am also helping out a good friend of mine, as he's producing an anime project called, "Guardians of Luna". You can google it. Look it up... It is going to be awesome!

Wow... I actually did write a mini novella!!! Rock on!
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Re: Hello, from Oklahoma

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

Hello and welcome to the Twilight Lexicon.

I’m Bronze Haired Girl, more commonly known as BHG, and I’m one of the moderators around here.

Be sure to check out the Newcomer’s Guide to the Twilight Lexicon 2.0 for a wealth of information on how to use our boards.

Read the Posting Regulations so that you do not unknowingly break the rules.

If you have any questions you can contact any of the moderators by sending them a Private Message (PM). Moderators’ names appear in green.

Get to know our Administrator and Moderator team by reading our introduction posts. These can be found at the top of the New Kids forum.

Administrators (the lovely ladies who created this place and keep it running)

Alphie
Pel

Moderators

BHG
Nena
Una
bac
December (doesn’t have an intro post…yet)
Banner by urcoolcarrie
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

Wow nice intro. that's just amazing.

Hi! Welcome to the lex.
I'm Karl, hope you like it here.
Catch you around the boards.
PM me for anything, anytime :D
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hi. I'm Jen

Welcome to the lex, it's a fun place to be! :D

See you around the boards

And if you've never been, I highly suggest visiting Stephenie Meyer's website. She has a lot of fun stuff there like FAQ's for all the books & some outtakes that didn't make it into the final draft of the books.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi! welcome to the Lex!
See you around the boards!
Merry Christmas!
:D
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

hey!!! welcome to the lex!! hope to see you around the boards!!! :D
Betting on Alice.
alphanubilus
Learning to Love Green

Post by alphanubilus »

Hey ya'll thanks for the lovely welcome! Yeah, I plan stay around quite a bit... well as long as I can between reg work, screenwriting, and my lovely PS3 and Xbox 360. I've been playing Dragon Age, and have fallen in love with Morrigan... It tis sad, but hey... If you girls can have Edward... I can have Morrigan... and she's a SHAPESHIFTER... granted she turns into a gaint spider... but hey... lots of... legs... and fangs... and... okay... I'm shutting up...

As for board rules... I've been doing the board thing for several years...probably half my life now, so I know the lingo. I even moderate my own forum on one board, at least the forum concerning my writing exploits. I did take time to review the rules, and they are practically the same, so there shouldn't be too much hassle, from me at least.

I will review a few of the threads, and will probably start a few discussions. I am a trained, story builder via my good friends at the "W.S.A.I." (Writers Services Australia International). I am not Australian, but my mentor is. I also studied under John Truby, and to be honest story craft, can get rather tidious, but it does open windows for helping you create better characters. I plan to use my learned tools to dig deeper into the Twilight Saga and give incites to my favorite characters, based upon my observations. I hope to be thought provoking. I am always honest to how I feel, but as I rather liked the Twilight Saga, I hope that I am engaging. :D

Right now it is brutally cold here in Oklahoma and I have snow out the wazoo... So I think I am going to nestle up to my space heater and try to get a few scenes finished before I dive into my bed.
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

hey, and welcome to the Lex! :D

I’m copper curls ~ feel free to PM me anytime, if you have a question or just want to chat.

If you have any questions about the site, you can check out Alcyone's Guide to the Lexicon, our Site Philosophy, or the Posting Regulations.

hope you enjoy the site & I’ll see you around the boards!

~ cc
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
alphanubilus
Learning to Love Green

Post by alphanubilus »

Again, thanks for the warm welcomes! Thus far I'm enjoying myself, although trying to add my whittle avatar(non James Cameron's... :P) is becoming a hassle. I don't know if it is an issue with the board or with Photobucket, but it hates me. I really need to be careful or I will get the feeling the technology will start abhoring me, and I don't want to end up like Belle's mother, where cell phone power cords literally run from her... ... .. um.. Well actually that already sort happened... darn it... I had to buy a new one today, because I left mine at work. I was too nervous to remember it, as I was going to have to drive through a blizzard to get home. It is official technology hates me!
Not really...

Also I wanted to add, that if anybody is interested in any of the projects that I am working on, I "typically" keep things updated via my MySpace account. Granted folks, as I am partially in the entertainment business, my account is set to private, for good measure. A. I got sick and tired of spam bots and 2. I have to keep things regulated as my life is very busy. However if you have MySpace and would like me to add you, simply notate that you are from this forum and I will be more than happy to add you.

My Space

SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

Wow, you've been thorough with your intro and all :D

So I'm Shauni, nice to meet you.
Welcome to the lex. I hope you have fun here and i'll see you around the boards !
Happy holidays btw !

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”