General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Jacob and Nessie

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Renesmee should be slightly colder then a human because of who her father is, and the fact that Bella's 'bite mark' was slightly colder then the average human, if you totally disregard the fact that it was brought up that she has 23(?) chromosomes.Her being warmer is a factual error, IMO, that was put it just so Jacob could get his happily ever after. To me it doesn't add up for her to be warmer, unless the only reason she's warmer is because of the chromosome count.
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Sleep Nessie wrote:Yeah I'm new to this thing so I'm just going to try to jump in. Something else that I always wondered was why Renesmee was so much warmer than Jacob if she was half a vampire. Wouldn't it have made sense if she were a bit colder than most people?
I don't remember it saying this in the book. Can anyone help me find it?

I would think she would be colder than Jacob, if anything, just the same temp as a normal human.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

As she is half human, half vampire it would make sense that she was slightly cooler than a human but not as cold as a vampire. To be hotter than Jacob seems odd and not plausable. It doesnt make sense in my opinion
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Nessie is much warmer than Bella and Edward but cooler than the average human and Jacob, I believe. Where does it say she's warmer?

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
amethyst
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by amethyst »

Nessie is said to be the same temperature as Jacob. In the last chapter of Jacob's Book, Jacob mentions (when he touches her during the delivery) that she felt "warm" to him. And when Bella touches Renesmee after she is a vampire, Nessie is really hot, the same when she touches Jacob.

I agree with everyone here, it is very odd.
"I never would have banished him from her society as long as she desired his. . . . . But, till then--if you don't believe me, you don't know me--till then, I would have died by inches before I touched a single hair of his head!"
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

That's weird. I remember discussing it before now, though. That makes NO sense. It does that she'd be very warm to Bella but not to Jacob. Maybe she's warm to Jacob because she's his imprint? Then she'd be the same as an average human, because the average human feels warm to another human and hot to a vampire.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Renesmee is supposed to be between a human and a shapeshifter as far as body temperature, but closer to Jacob(a shapeshifter).
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Sleep Nessie
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Sleep Nessie »

Amethyst beat me to it. It mentioned Nessie feeling hot when she brushed against Jacob. But I don't think it would be from the imprinting...he didn't even see her yet so...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Chernaudi wrote:Renesmee is supposed to be between a human and a shapeshifter as far as body temperature, but closer to Jacob(a shapeshifter).
This. Renesmee's temperature, as Bella puts it, is hot like Jacob but maybe a few degrees cooler.

That would make her hotter than a normal human, and anyone sensitive to that (Jacob included) would feel that she is quite warm to the touch.
dazzledBrit
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dazzledBrit »

Renesmee feels warm to Jacob because she's nearly his temperature. Just like Edward feels warm to Bella after her transformation, when they're the same temperature. Just like one human feels warm to another human.

And yep, I think the heat is supposed to be a 24 chromosome pair thing, like the accelerated growth.
Rob's Halfway House member ~ Kristen, Rob AND Taylor fan - The Twilight pedant

Heading to Forks soon...