Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by Dovrebanen »

pharmer4~ Great job on the WA pdf. It's so great that you put in the background that AG uses and everything.

This was the perfect epilogue to WA. Seeing Edward that way practically killed me. And Bella by his side, poor thing, not knowing what to do to help him. I was so happy when he ate that chicken :)
I had tears in my eyes when he was at his parent's grave. It was so good to see that he made it there. He needed that. And Bella was so sweet talking to them like they were there.

I was happy with the ending to the last chapter too, like Kristiner. But I am glad that she posted the epilogue, so that we got to see some development to their relationship. And it makes me confident that they will stay together, and grow together. Edward saving the gazebo for him and Bella was so romantic and perfect. I love him, he will always be my favorite fic-ward.

I also want to thank everyone on this thread who made me read WA months and months ago. It was the first fanfic I read (AH at least), and it got me so completely hooked on fics. So thanks a lot.

Kristiner~ That's too bad that you don't have much time for fics. I hope you get to read some now and then. I read far too many...

I hope you all have had a great christmas, and that it continues into the new year :) Enjoy the rest of the holidays.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

pharmer4~ Yes, absolutely, thank you so much for the pdf copy of Wide Awake. IT was certainly a labor of love and I greatly appreciate your time and effort (especially since my copy was lost when I lost my flash drive a few months back.)
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

pharmer4 - Omg! Thank you so much for the PDF of Wide Awake! That just made my day. :D

Trine - Yeah, it sucks that I don't get to read much. I'm gonna try to get on more so I can.

Caryn - I was just thinking about your computer crash of '09 the other night. Argh. I hope you were able to recover most of the stuff. I know you spent a bunch of time getting WA the way you wanted it. Oi.
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Happy Monday, Everybody! I am going to start reading WA today. I also want to mix in some work on my own ffic, Perfect Forever today as well. Have a great day back to work...if you had to go back to work. If not, enjoy your day off! :D
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

DarkMuse wrote:pharmer4 - Omg! Thank you so much for the PDF of Wide Awake! That just made my day. :D

Trine - Yeah, it sucks that I don't get to read much. I'm gonna try to get on more so I can.

Caryn - I was just thinking about your computer crash of '09 the other night. Argh. I hope you were able to recover most of the stuff. I know you spent a bunch of time getting WA the way you wanted it. Oi.

KSter~ HAHAHA!! I had actually started to reformat WA again, but I was only a few chapters in. With my work with AaT on Ragweeds and The Next Factor, I just don't have the time I used to for those special projects. Alas, I will thank my lucky stars for Pharmer4 and his amazing work.

On a completely different and unrelated subject, I have to say how much I absolutely love In.A.Blue.Bathrobe's words. I know that Tropic of Gemini is a Jasper/Alice story, but she continues to amaze me with her wordtrickery and images. The end of the latest chapter is just pure poetry. I love the visual and the sounds I hear in my head when I read it. She's pure genius, that one.

MissP~ Just in case and so you can say you were warned.... there are a few things you need to know about reading WA. 1) Do not make any plans. Not for food. Not for sleep. Not for work. Nothing. Because it's one of those that, once you start reading, stopping, even for those necessities like breathing and eating, becomes almost impossible. Sleeping just goes right out the window. 2) It is not, i repeat, NOT suitable for Work, School, or anywhere with Children or other Humans present. You will find yourself yelling at the screen, wanting to hurl the computer across the room and other uncontrollable outburst. and 3) Beware what we call DarkWard Mouth. DarkWard swears. A lot. In fact, DarkWard is an artist and his medium is cursing. He works in 4 letter words like some work in clay or watercolors. And, you will find those beautifully colored turns of phrase creeping into your speech. DarkWard single-handedly ruined 11 years of effort to eradicate the eff-word from my lexicon. Not that I mind. Like I said, He's an artist at it. But, just so you know.... With those warnings, truly, ENJOY!!!!

Let me just say, I so envy you the gift you have. When I read WA, I started it when she had about 26 chapters completed. I am already one of those who cannot put the book down until I finish it. But, WA was literal torture for me. And, the ending... you know..when she made us wait 3 months for an update...pure hell on earth. You do not have to deal with that. My how I envy you.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

missp~ I just have to support everything that Caryn just said :D I remember being warned in the same way when I jumped on the WA wagon. WA is not suited for reading anywhere else but home alone :lol:
When I was reading the epi I found myself thinkning: I have missed Darkward's mouth. It's just the way he is, and we have to love him for it.

On another note...I started reading The Best Man yesterday. 13 chapters almost non-stop. And then I had to stop when Edward performed a tequila body shot :lol: Man, that man knew what he was doing...
Great story anyway. I know many of you have read it.

It's kind of weird, but I haven't been in the mood to read the updates of CW&IA yet. I still love the story, but I guess I've been wanting to read not quite so angsty material lately (WA an exception of course).
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Dovrebanen wrote:missp~ I just have to support everything that Caryn just said :D I remember being warned in the same way when I jumped on the WA wagon. WA is not suited for reading anywhere else but home alone :lol:
When I was reading the epi I found myself thinkning: I have missed Darkward's mouth. It's just the way he is, and we have to love him for it.

On another note...I started reading The Best Man yesterday. 13 chapters almost non-stop. And then I had to stop when Edward performed a tequila body shot :lol: Man, that man knew what he was doing...
Great story anyway. I know many of you have read it.

It's kind of weird, but I haven't been in the mood to read the updates of CW&IA yet. I still love the story, but I guess I've been wanting to read not quite so angsty material lately (WA an exception of course).
Hi Trine! Glad you had a merry Christmas.

I know what you mean about CW&IA; I finally read the update last night. It's almost like I had to summon my energy and needed a nice little block of time with peace and quiet to sit down and read that one. It's a little angsty, but lovely as always. I'm so loving seeing the tender and vulnerable side Tattward's shown us lately. It just makes him even more irresistible to me, and it also gives Bella a chance to be strong for him.

I hope you enjoy The Best Man too. I also remember Edward's tequila body shot :shock: and having to fan myself a bit when I read that one. 8-) That story was a fun one but it packs a little punch at the end. I love some of the all human stories like The Best Man that deviate a great deal from our beloved Twilight saga. They are still the characters we adore so much, but very easy to separate from Book Edward and Bella.
Banner by TammyAZ
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I definitely read WA for 12hrs--with like few hour sleep break.

Now that its in PDF form maybe I should read it again...
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

Jazz Girl wrote:On a completely different and unrelated subject, I have to say how much I absolutely love In.A.Blue.Bathrobe's words. I know that Tropic of Gemini is a Jasper/Alice story, but she continues to amaze me with her wordtrickery and images. The end of the latest chapter is just pure poetry. I love the visual and the sounds I hear in my head when I read it. She's pure genius, that one.

Caryn - I whole heartly agree with you! In.A.Blue.Bathrobe is just a genius and I absoutely just love her words. Now obviously I love all of the Bella and Edward stories, God knows that I have read and continue to read all kinds of fanfic that are B/E based. But I absoutely love a good Alice and Jasper story. I love the insight that we get about their charcters. That is why I have so enjoyed Openhome's 2 stories, Singularity and Coalescence. Her stories have added alot of depth to both Alice and Jasper for me. Does anyone have any other fanfic recommendations for Alice and Jasper stories?
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Caryn and all others~~Thanks for the warnings! LOL!! I started reading WA yesterday...I am now on Chapter 3. I got so sleepy last night, I had to give it up and go to bed. Today, I have been on the road traveling to South Alabama to visit relatives. They go to bed really early, so I plan on reading a lot tonight.
So far...I am loving it! ARG!!! :D

I'll update later as I get a little farther in!