Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by Amanda Beth »

missp:I only have two more chapters of TPC left...of course I leave this week for NY so who knows how long til it's done ha.

CW&IA Updated!
I have no words...just <3 <3 <3
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

~~CWIA Discussion~~ Oh My GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! I fracking loved this chapter. It had everything for me. The opening scene in InkElla's new car was...WOWZA!! Their conversation at the end, TattWard telling her that it's okay to need him, that he wants her to, was just beautiful. Her breakdown and their subsequent moments together were just heartbreaking. Bringing Cupcake the Second home...pure genius. But, for me, this chapter has, hands down, one of the best lines ever to fall from his oh so hot mouth....
"Okay." I nodded, smiling at her. "But I still get h#$% and cupcakes too, right?" :shock: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: Seriously, lmao!!!! So fracking TattWard it isn't even funny.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Believe it or not... CW&IA Discussion
I agree, this chapter showed them acting at least like healing people might. They have come SO far from where they began. Can you imagine either of them admitting their need for each other and their weakness like that in the beginning. With a lot of outside help and a lot of patience, these two are finally acting human and humane. I absolutely loved the fact that when she started getting messed up, Tattward just laid off and let her be. I appreciated the lack of intimacy because it was very realistic, as any of us who have gone through hard emotional times knows.
Three more chapters? *sniffle* :?

Amanda Beth and MissP: I finally have a weekend off to maybe, just maybe finish off your stories. I am so sad to see the ending come to so many that we have followed or written. However, I can't wait to see what you do to finish your stories.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Amanda Beth~~Moving is such a huge stresser! Take your time and don't sweat the small stuff! We'll be awaiting the end of TPC eagerly...if not so patiently. :D

Openhome~~I am going to spend the entire afternoon writing today, but I still probably won't finish this chapter of Perfect Forever. I had too many other things on my plate yesterday to devote any time to writing. I also want to check out your one shot. BTW...the Body Pump class? :lol: I have muscles UNDER muscles that are sore!

**CW&IA DISCUSSION**

Uhh...WOW!
Christening BabyBell's car! OOOOLAAAALAAAA!!!
The first anniversary of the plane crash! :cry:
Cupcake the second...TK2 has a playmate! 8-)
LOVED...FREAKING LOVED...THIS CHAPTER!!
Only three chapters left! :shock: :cry:
JillOBean
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by JillOBean »

SweetImpakt wrote:Marielle , I used to think just the same way you did, but I completely changed my mind. Wide Awake changed everything for me. The Edwards and Bellas those wonderful authors can create are just amazing and so complex in most stories and just wonderful and beautiful and you can add lots of adjective words here. Fanfic makes the world much better and bearable and for me after Twilight. Of course, it's perfectly ok for you to have your own oppinion, don't misunderstand me, but you should give it a chance I think.
+1!

I didn't like WA's Edward at first--- but a couple hundred f-bombs later and in my head, he WAS Edward through and through.

I think you need to read a story that you connect with and then it's easier to take the AU Edward and Bella's.

I'm a firm believer that had Edward grown up in the current day and age, he would be closer to the AU Edward's out there. And had Bella's life been different- she would be different, too.

Part of what made SM's Edward who he was, was the time period he came from. Different time, differnt circumstances-- different person. Same goes for you and I and everyone else.

SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

CW&IA Discussion

Wow, just wow. This chapter was simply amazing. I loved everything about it. HH is just a fracking genius. She keeps amazing me. The opening of the chapter was ... hmm dunno the right word. Then I agree with openhome that the lack of intimacy was indeed very realistic. Aww and Edward thinking about marriage was awesome as well. They're going to be as happy as possible in the future, I'm absolutely positive about that. I'm really sad that the ending is coming :( CW&IA is/was one hell of a ride

JillOBean ~ I'm very glad you enjoyed WA. Are you going to read other fanfic ?

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
JillOBean

Post by JillOBean »

Openhome wrote:I have to say that I can see it both ways. We are having similar discussions about characterization over at Twilighted as well. Fist off, many stories have characters that I just have to ask myself "why?" when I read them. They are so OCC or the story is so unrelated to Twilight, that I don't understand why they write them and post them in the Twilight genre. I absolutely believe that anyone should write anything they want so long as they post it responsibly on a site that is rated for the story. But why post a story using SM's names but Sookie Stackhouse kinds of vamps and story line? Go post it there with the original names. It makes little sense to me.

I have some AH that I LOVE! However, many of the AH stories try to blend some characteristics of SM's characters with their own version and it simply doesn't work well. Just my opinion, of course, but the one area that I have the most trouble with in almost all forms of fanfiction is poor characterization.

Any other thoughts?

What I love about stories like WA and UofEM is that I "see" SM's characters in those stories. I see her characters through a slightly messed up view. Edward is the ONE character I can't stand people butchering. But I also think he's TOO perfect as is. I like the tortured Edward in WA and UofEM. To me, those Edward's are still SM's Edward at heart. And eventually that comes out.

I can't bring myself to write Edward any other way because that is how I see him.

In the story I'm writing right now, Bullet with Butterfly Wings, Edward is human and he's a little rough around the edges-- but he's still that caring, protective, do=anything-Bella-wants Edward underneath his teenage horomones and foul mouth. In the end, for me, Edward HAS to cherish and respect and love and admire Bella or he is not Edward. Even if he and she are screaming at eachother-- I NEED Edward to admire the way she screams... lol. Or he isn't Edward.

JillOBean

Post by JillOBean »

SweetImpakt wrote:CW&IA Discussion

Wow, just wow. This chapter was simply amazing. I loved everything about it. HH is just a fracking genius. She keeps amazing me. The opening of the chapter was ... hmm dunno the right word. Then I agree with openhome that the lack of intimacy was indeed very realistic. Aww and Edward thinking about marriage was awesome as well. They're going to be as happy as possible in the future, I'm absolutely positive about that. I'm really sad that the ending is coming :( CW&IA is/was one hell of a ride

JillOBean ~ I'm very glad you enjoyed WA. Are you going to read other fanfic ?

I'm reading UofEM right now. And Openhome has been WONDERFUL about helping me develop my new story. I have one AH, OOC, AU story I'm working on, too.

I am looking for another good fanfic to read-- I'm thinking about the mob one y'all won't shut up about... lol. IS that CW&IA?

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

JillOBean wrote: I'm reading UofEM right now. And Openhome has been WONDERFUL about helping me develop my new story. I have one AH, OOC, AU story I'm working on, too.

I am looking for another good fanfic to read-- I'm thinking about the mob one y'all won't shut up about... lol. IS that CW&IA?
JillOBean~ Nope. CW&IA is Clipped Wings & Inked Armor. That is the one with TattWard and InkElla, where "Haunted by her past Bella is broken and alone. Starting over, can she let go of the guilt that consumes her when she meets a beautiful tattoo artist or will his own personal demons destroy them first?"

The "mob one y'all won't shut up about" :lol: is Emancipation Proclamation.

I highly highly highly recommend both!! CW& IA has three chapters left. Khar hasn't said how many chappies are left of EP. But, there are 66 currently on the post, so I'm sure it would keep you enthralled until she finishes.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

JillOBean wrote:I am looking for another good fanfic to read-- I'm thinking about the mob one y'all won't shut up about... lol. IS that CW&IA?
Hahaha, I giggled when I read this :D
I'm looking to read more too, since I've only read Wide Awake so far lol, and I was gonna start with one of these too. Maybe CW&IA cos thats nearly finished...

Are both of these ones all human stories?
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!