Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by SweetKay »

openfire wrote:
JillOBean wrote:I am looking for another good fanfic to read-- I'm thinking about the mob one y'all won't shut up about... lol. IS that CW&IA?
Hahaha, I giggled when I read this :D
I'm looking to read more too, since I've only read Wide Awake so far lol, and I was gonna start with one of these too. Maybe CW&IA cos thats nearly finished...

Are both of these ones all human stories?

Yes both Clipped Wings and Inked Armor and Emancipation Proclamation are both all human stories and we all highly recommend both. But another great story is The Ex Factor, all human also and it is complete. At least for the time being, the author AngelAtTwilight is in the process of writing a sequel to TEF called The Next Factor, that we are all very much looking forward to. Our very own Caryn AKA Jazz Girl is the beta for The Ex Factor, at least the last half, correct Caryn? And is the beta for The Next Factor. We all love The Ex Factor and many of us put it right up there with WA. While TEF was bring written and updated we discussed that endlessly!
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

SweetKay wrote:
openfire wrote:
JillOBean wrote:I am looking for another good fanfic to read-- I'm thinking about the mob one y'all won't shut up about... lol. IS that CW&IA?
Hahaha, I giggled when I read this :D
I'm looking to read more too, since I've only read Wide Awake so far lol, and I was gonna start with one of these too. Maybe CW&IA cos thats nearly finished...

Are both of these ones all human stories?

Yes both Clipped Wings and Inked Armor and Emancipation Proclamation are both all human stories and we all highly recommend both. But another great story is The Ex Factor, all human also and it is complete. At least for the time being, the author AngelAtTwilight is in the process of writing a sequel to TEF called The Next Factor, that we are all very much looking forward to. Our very own Caryn AKA Jazz Girl is the beta for The Ex Factor, at least the last half, correct Caryn? And is the beta for The Next Factor. We all love The Ex Factor and many of us put it right up there with WA. While TEF was bring written and updated we discussed that endlessly!
Kay~ Awwwww, thanks bb. Yes, we are inordinately proud of TEF. It's a great ride, as is TNF. Ang and I are working tirelessly and hope to get it started quickly. I'm actually working right now on rebetaing a few chapters that Ang didn't have a beta for, so hopefully, we can get that done and up soon too.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

...covers eyes so as not to accidentally read any spoilierage from your Clipped Wings and Inked Armor Discussion :D

The reason I still haven't read the CW&IA update is because I can't stop reading Emancipation Proclamation, thanks to all of you! :lol:

Emancipation Proclamation Discussion

I know I'm so far behind as I'm only about 18 chapters in, but I'm going to read through some of your older posts on this thread to see your thoughts on EP, when I can actually stop reading EP. :D

This story is mesmerizing, and has grown on me in a way that few stories have since Wide Awake and CW&IA. I just finished the chapter with Carlisle's "punishment" and I nearly screamed at my computer, "Bella, don't touch the gun!" as I realized what was about to happen. It was all so vivid and visceral through Bella's eyes: her fear, Carlisle's sudden anger and hostility, Bella's isolation and desperation as she received her punishment. :shock: I love seeing Edward's evolution and how he so tenderly comforted and cared for Bella afterwards. He just melted my heart.

For me, this Edward is eerily reminiscent of a Darkward, or especially a younger Tattward, with the f-bombs and his slight "finicky" compulsive tendencies, and the walls he's put up around himself, and the way that Bella is the only one who can breach those walls.

I also loved how Edward suddenly realized the extent of his feelings for Bella and how it hit him like a ton of bricks. Too bad it took another random sexual encounter with a skank for Edward to realize his feelings for Bella. :lol: And Edward speaking Italian.... :shock: 8-) oh dear Lord. I may not survive this story. :)

I cannot imagine how this can end well for them. :? It's not like someone can ever actually leave the Mob or the Mafia and have a "normal" life, at least not in any movie I've seen or story I've read, but I can't wait to find out what happens. I know it's going to be a wild ride and I wish I had about two or three days without work or kids meals to prepare or laundry to finish or a house to clean so I could catch up to all of you. ;)
Banner by TammyAZ
JillOBean
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by JillOBean »

Jazz Girl wrote:
JillOBean wrote: I'm reading UofEM right now. And Openhome has been WONDERFUL about helping me develop my new story. I have one AH, OOC, AU story I'm working on, too.

I am looking for another good fanfic to read-- I'm thinking about the mob one y'all won't shut up about... lol. IS that CW&IA?
JillOBean~ Nope. CW&IA is Clipped Wings & Inked Armor. That is the one with TattWard and InkElla, where "Haunted by her past Bella is broken and alone. Starting over, can she let go of the guilt that consumes her when she meets a beautiful tattoo artist or will his own personal demons destroy them first?"

The "mob one y'all won't shut up about" :lol: is Emancipation Proclamation.

I highly highly highly recommend both!! CW& IA has three chapters left. Khar hasn't said how many chappies are left of EP. But, there are 66 currently on the post, so I'm sure it would keep you enthralled until she finishes.

I started reading CW&IA before WA. I put it down and started WA and couldn't figure out where the heck that stupid fic went to! So thank you, I really was enjoying it.

As far as EP goes, well, I guess I'll have to start that one, too. *bangs head on wall*

Seriously, I'm not taking ANY more recommendations right now. lol. I'm working on my own two Twilight fan fics, three non fan-fic fiction stories, and reading four fan fics right now. Oh, and I do have a job.

*grumble*

This stuff is more addictive than Oreo's and milk!

miss_annabella
Wandering Through Town

Post by miss_annabella »

Hi All! Long time lurker first time poster :D.

I just caught up with Emancipation Proclaimation, (love it!) and now because I just cant stand waiting for updates I started Living Backwards. Not the usual Bella, she has more sarcasm and snark, but still very good.

What did I get myself into?? like I needed to add more on to the list?!? and now that I'm almost caught up with LB am i am feinin' like a crack addict.

openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

SweetKay wrote:Yes both Clipped Wings and Inked Armor and Emancipation Proclamation are both all human stories and we all highly recommend both. But another great story is The Ex Factor, all human also and it is complete. At least for the time being, the author AngelAtTwilight is in the process of writing a sequel to TEF called The Next Factor, that we are all very much looking forward to. Our very own Caryn AKA Jazz Girl is the beta for The Ex Factor, at least the last half, correct Caryn? And is the beta for The Next Factor. We all love The Ex Factor and many of us put it right up there with WA. While TEF was bring written and updated we discussed that endlessly!
Ooh, I never knew that Caryn was a beta for TEF. I have heard of that fic, but not as much as the other 2. Hmm, now I don't know which one to start first! Too many choices! Haha!!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
JillOBean

Post by JillOBean »

Hello, and welcome!

Have you read Wide Awake yet?

I suggest you do.

And it's over 200,000 words, so that should keep you busy for quite some time! :D

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Jaclyn~ Yes, I came on as Ang's beta at chapter 30. I absolutely adore the story, and continuing to write with Ang is a true blessing. As I said, I'm working on betaing some of the earlier chapters where Kwiz wasn't available, so hopefully those will be up soon.

Miss_Annabella~ Welcome. I think you'll fit right in here. Most of the stories we read and discuss would qualify as CrackFics, at least in the sense of experiencing major withdrawls when awaiting updates, and they are sooooo addicting that there's no way you can put them down. I concur with Bean. Wide Awake is an absolute must-read for any TwiFanFic fan. It is published, uncensored and in it's entirety on AngstGoddess003's LJ page (there were some FFn issues). Please let any of us know if you need the link. We here are also fans of TaraSueMe's works, The Dominant & The submissive, as well as their sequel, The Training. Highly highly recommended as well. In.A.Blu.Bathrobe caused a stir with Tropic of Virgo, which I personally ADORE. And, the sequel to that is in the works, Tropic of Gemini, a story I am also in love with. Hmmmmm, there are soooo many. Actually, there is a community on FFn that was started by some of our members. I don't have the link handy, but I'm sure David or Christy might be lurking and can pop it up for you, as can anyone of our other regulars.

Many of our members also write their own fics, links to which are in their signatures. We have a talented group around these parts. Enjoy.

Oh, and speaking of The Training, HH posted a teaser in her blog. Very....interesting. Definitely thought provoking. Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow, especially after the last chapter??????
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I leave tomorrow with my car! I'm TRYING to write a bit of TPC today but I feel dizzy with everything going on.
JillOBean

Post by JillOBean »

*I can't hear talk about The Training*

Lalalalalala...

... must.read.now. :lol: