Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by ringswraith »

/waves

I'm here. I just realized I haven't been posting here- been very busy lately.

I must say I've lost touch with The Training. Not in the "haven't read" way, but in the "no longer interesting" way. /shrug

The University of Edward Masen, I'm reading more to see what happens next- though I do like the writing style.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Okay, after going through, clearing out, and then resetting all my alerts, hopefully we won't have that issue any more....

So, on to...

~~UoEM Discussion~~

Kay~ I do agree. There is very little if any controlling ProfessorWard in this chapter, in my opinion. Though, I do agree with Bean in that I think he was much more concerned with Jane getting her claws into Isabella then he was about who Isabella was with. The comment about him paying for her to go to dinner with Peter elsewhere rather than her be close to Jane was VERY telling about his state of mind. Plus, we do see him acknowledge Isabella's loneliness. Granted, it might be nice if he accepted human friends for her, rather than animal. I do see him trying, though. This chapter makes me think that maybe his reactions in the last chapter, their extreme nature, were out of character for him. This is truly his first relationship (and can I just tell you how much I love his line about Isabella not being the only virgin in the relationship!!) and he is learning how to balance just as much as she is. Maybe, just maybe, I'll cut him some slack...SOME!!!

Bean~ I saw plenty of pi$$ and vinegar from our Isabella in this chapter. But, as always with her, it is subtle. Though, her verbal smackdown of Professor Pain was hardly that. Her discussion with ProfessorWard, I though, showed a lot of strength. Even addressing what was clearly such a frightening idea took some courage. And, being so open and honest with ProfessorWard, especially about "him" when the topic is so very emotional for her...very strong in deed.

~~End UoEM Discussion~~

Rings~ Ahhh, I suppose it sort of depends on what fascinates you. For me, The Training and my love for the story in it is completely about watching them find their balance, how they manage both sides of their relationship. I find it intriguing.

“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

just lurking tonight...not really in the mood to say a lot...45 minutes of cardio, 3 sets of crunches on the ab machine, and it was a Monday today for sure! Will be back tomorrow after The Training has updated.

Amanda Beth~~Have a safe trip! BTW...I LOVE your version of Renesmee!
JillOBean
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by JillOBean »

Jazz Girl wrote:Okay, after going through, clearing out, and then resetting all my alerts, hopefully we won't have that issue any more....

So, on to...

~~UoEM Discussion~~

Kay~ I do agree. There is very little if any controlling ProfessorWard in this chapter, in my opinion. Though, I do agree with Bean in that I think he was much more concerned with Jane getting her claws into Isabella then he was about who Isabella was with. The comment about him paying for her to go to dinner with Peter elsewhere rather than her be close to Jane was VERY telling about his state of mind. Plus, we do see him acknowledge Isabella's loneliness. Granted, it might be nice if he accepted human friends for her, rather than animal. I do see him trying, though. This chapter makes me think that maybe his reactions in the last chapter, their extreme nature, were out of character for him. This is truly his first relationship (and can I just tell you how much I love his line about Isabella not being the only virgin in the relationship!!) and he is learning how to balance just as much as she is. Maybe, just maybe, I'll cut him some slack...SOME!!!

Bean~ I saw plenty of pi$$ and vinegar from our Isabella in this chapter. But, as always with her, it is subtle. Though, her verbal smackdown of Professor Pain was hardly that. Her discussion with ProfessorWard, I though, showed a lot of strength. Even addressing what was clearly such a frightening idea took some courage. And, being so open and honest with ProfessorWard, especially about "him" when the topic is so very emotional for her...very strong in deed.

~~End UoEM Discussion~~

Rings~ Ahhh, I suppose it sort of depends on what fascinates you. For me, The Training and my love for the story in it is completely about watching them find their balance, how they manage both sides of their relationship. I find it intriguing.

I LOVE being called Bean, btw! :D It's one of my favorite nicknames.

I think Jane was so forceful with Bella because she knows Edward has feelings for her. Quite honestly, if you pay close enough attention to the two of them... you'd see it. It may not make sense at first, and you may think it's something slightly off from what it is, but you'd notice it. If Peter really brought himself to see the way Bella watches Edward, he would know.

Jane pays far more attention to Edward than most because he represents her failure-- and she is, I'm sure, looking for ways to rectify that. And if anybody has been stared at for long period of time, you know. It's an odd feeling you get of being watched... but you know. And Jane is the kind of woman who gets off on being watched. I don't doubt for a second that Jane knows that Bella was more than just surprised to see Jane attempt to pleasure Edward under the table. Jane is an intelligent woman who I believe, is suspect of most people in life. I'll bet she doesn't trust others and is always seeing things from a pessimistic perspective-- hence her harboring on her failure with Edward.

I really believe that Jane knows something is going on between Bella and Edward-- even if it is just Bella having a crush on Edward. So Jane, being the pariah that she is, went after Bella. When a snake see's a mouse in the corner eyeing a piece of cheese-- I doubt that the snake is concerned with whether or not they really want the cheese-- they just don't want the mouse to have it, and they'll devour the mouse. Edward is the cheese, Bella is the mouse... and Jane is the snake on the prowl. Jane doesn't really want Edward, she just doesn't want someone else to want him or to have him.

And yes, I'l agree that Bella was much stronger in this chapter than the previous ones... I just-- I don't know. I understand that this Bella is fragile and hurting over something we're currently unaware of-- I just don't relate to docile and sensitive women well. :?

Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

JillOBean wrote: Jane doesn't really want Edward, she just doesn't want someone else to want him or to have him.
Bean~ Hmmmm, an excellent catch. Go after the mouse to draw out the cat. And, I think Edward would certainly agree with his characterization of a predator.
Last edited by Jazz Girl on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Jazz Girl wrote:You can find stories about ANYTHING you like. Want Bella to go back in time and meet HumanEdward before he was changed? There's a fic for that. Want Edward to have stayed away only to return to Forks to see Bella on her deathbed? There's a fic for that.
Caryn - I was looking back thorugh a few pages of this thread cos you know I'm pretty new to the world of Twilight Fanfiction, and found what you said above. Any chance you could tell me what theses 2 fics are? LOL. Escpecially the "Bella back in time" one?
Thanks! :D
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
JillOBean

Post by JillOBean »

openfire wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:You can find stories about ANYTHING you like. Want Bella to go back in time and meet HumanEdward before he was changed? There's a fic for that. Want Edward to have stayed away only to return to Forks to see Bella on her deathbed? There's a fic for that.
Caryn - I was looking back thorugh a few pages of this thread cos you know I'm pretty new to the world of Twilight Fanfiction, and found what you said above. Any chance you could tell me what theses 2 fics are? LOL. Escpecially the "Bella back in time" one?

Okay, I really liked that one! it was lighthearted compared to my current reading, but it was cute. I can't remember the name, but if I remember correctly, it's situated somewhere around page 68 or so of this thread... perhaps 65. I'm the crazy lady who remembers numbers but can't for the life of me remember titles and names. :lol:

By the way folks, I'm almost caught up reading "A Rough Start." I have REALLY enjoyed it.
Edward finds out he has a five year old son and he's coming to terms with the changes in his life. He is broke and he works a regular old job.

After reading and writing all these fantastic stories of Edward with money I've enjoyed the humbled, broke Edward quite a bit. lol.

Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

openfire wrote:
Jaclyn~ I will be more than happy too.... as soon as I get home to my lovely bookmarks list so that I can also send you the appropriate links. :lol: They are both extraordinary.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Fizzles
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Fizzles »

Jaclyn - I'm guessing one of these stories that Caryn has mentioned is Only Human, not sure about the other. If it is Only Human then I'll send it to you as I have it here. Caryn can help you with the other. Check your e-mail :)
Member of Rob's Halfway House
JillOBean

Post by JillOBean »

Fizzles wrote:Jaclyn - I'm guessing one of these stories that Caryn has mentioned is Only Human, not sure about the other. If it is Only Human then I'll send it to you as I have it here. Caryn can help you with the other. Check your e-mail :)

Yes, it is Only Human. I remember when it was brought up 20 something pages ago... great story!