Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

A place to discuss the movie AVATAR, written and directed by James Cameron, Oscar nominated, etc.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Re: AVATAR, the movie

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

*flailglompRAWR*
First!

To start- the movie was absolutely beautiful. Like... The Geographer of films (I'm a Vermeer fan. He's ten times better than Da Vinci.) The animation and vibracy and all the humongous 3D explosions are about the only reason why I'd see the movie again. The plot is rahter stupid, cheesy and liberal, but its all made up for by the graphics. Only worth watching in IMAX 3D. Awesomesauce.
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

EPIC MOVIE! (I requested this thread.)
My favorite part was how much thought was put into this. There was a Latin name for every plant in this movie. He hired a language expert to come up with a language so actors weren't just speaking gibberish. I want to learn how to speak Na'Vi!
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Now I might be the only person on the planet, but I have no desire to see this movie. The commercials didn't appeal to me at all. And I haven't heard anything that would help me to change my mind. I don't know..............
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by TwilightRose1 »

Avatar was great! The best thing about it was the visuals themselves. Eevryone I've talked to is just dumb-struck by them. Some scenes are just mesmerizing. Its hard to look away! lol It was a very unique story too, which i loved. It was refreshing. :)
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Visual where great however I didn't like the way they made military look bad. Not with what is going on in the world right now. Any part of the service should be respected who puts their life on the line to protect us.
Banner by TammyAZ
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

pennybug84 wrote:Now I might be the only person on the planet, but I have no desire to see this movie. The commercials didn't appeal to me at all. And I haven't heard anything that would help me to change my mind. I don't know..............
I went to watch the movie expecting nothing (I was thinking it'd be just another CG movie) and was totally blown away. The planet (creatures) should get an Oscar. :)

In particular I loved the little spinning lizard-like critters that one of my overseas friends dubbed "vomit-o-copters." (Think about it: Here you are, just hanging around on a tree branch, when bam! Someone touches you, you go spinning into the air, and you have to wait until you reach ground, forced to spin around for a while...)

Plot-wise, yes, nothing very original. That aside, the setting was spectacular, the comedic moments were spot-on, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Also, because I geek out at strange biological relations, the whole planet just made me :mrgreen: .
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Kaltxì. Ngaru lu fpom srak?

That, my friends, translates to "hello, how are you?" in Na'vi. Can you tell how much I freaking love this movie?!

Like a few of you, I, too, went into this show thinking it was nothing. In fact, I was dragged to it because the rest of my family wanted to see it so bad. I went to it, and have since been 3 more times. I LOVE this movie! I am absolutely blown away with how they did everything in it. Complete BRILLIANCE!
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

ringswraith wrote: In particular I loved the little spinning lizard-like critters that one of my overseas friends dubbed "vomit-o-copters." (Think about it: Here you are, just hanging around on a tree branch, when bam! Someone touches you, you go spinning into the air, and you have to wait until you reach ground, forced to spin around for a while...) [/color]

That could be bad for me! It's in 3-D right? (At least I've heard you NEED To see it in 3-D.) Well I get motion sickness & if they show that I could be in a bad situation. I might have to leave the movie like Mike & go straight for the bathroom. And then come out & tell everyone the obvious "I need to go home." :lol: Sorry I couldn't help myself - but that's what it reminded me of. While I was watching NM the spinning around Bella months montage almost got me!
Last edited by pennybug84 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
dazzledBrit
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dazzledBrit »

If the slow spinning montage made you queasy, then 3D movies certainly will. If you do go, keep your eyes shut firmly for the trailers - they're at less high quality some of them and all are trying to show off the 3D effects so they're harder to take than the whole movie!
Rob's Halfway House member ~ Kristen, Rob AND Taylor fan - The Twilight pedant

Heading to Forks soon...