Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by Openhome »

I know several authors already post on livejournal. Also, Twilighted is getting a lot of readers from this. I think that site will be the hands down winner in all this. It's unfortunate because I was following several stories (I cut and paste to get rid of some of the stuff I don't want to read) that might end up getting shoved off. I would hate for anyone else to be hurt by all the moves, but I can understand the need and desire to post somewhere else.
I know Ang's new fic, Ragweeds, which I adore, is going to post soon, but that one shouldn't be in any danger. In fact, I think that her stories might not have such issues. Though they are definitely M, they don't seem NC-17. However, if this is a witch hunt, there isn't much that is safe from them.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

I have also signed up over at Twilighted. I am MissP1987 over there just like on ffic.net. I am seriously considering submitting my story, Perfect Forever, over there more to broaden my reader base than anything else. But, I would also like to have a backup plan in case ffic.net goes belly up. I'd hate for all that writing to go to pot! I may even check out livejournal.

*Walks quietly from room to go read the latest chapter of the HockeyWard story!*
miss_annabella
Wandering Through Town

Post by miss_annabella »

Is anyone reading Living Backwards?
*Living Backwards Spoilers*

*trying not to spoil too much*

WHOA was Alice's plan was amazing! It was executed so very well. I'm really surprised though that Bella did not see it coming, with all the things Alice kept doing throughout the night. I just hope she and Edward and can say all the things they have been waiting to say to each other in the next chapter. ;)
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Jazz Girl wrote:
Amanda Beth wrote:To the masses Do you think Ang will post TNF on FFn or on her livejournal/twilighted with the whole rule enforcement? My guess is that the uber popular FFs are being targeted only because people talk about them more so more people get curious. I'd think she'd be in that mix.

AmandaBeth~ This is something Ang and I have talked about at length the last several days. She is undecided. But, we promise that you will know exactly where to find TNF when the time comes.

EDIT: After talking a little more this evening, Ang wanted me to let everyone know that she intends to continue posting on FFn, until such time as she is warned. She is of the opinion(as am I) that her stories follow the Rated M guidelines. If someone decided otherwise, than she will pull the stories and post them elsewhere, either her blog or Twilighted.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Jazz Girl - Thanks for the info! I have to agree. Her stuff is definitely R but not NC-17.

MissP, can't wait to see you on Twilighted!
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I dunno about TEF not being NC-17. She describes the lemon scenes and that is considered NC-17, even if it's not as graphic as some of the other FFs.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Okay...so I just can't get enthusiastic about the Hockeyward story. I tried, I really did...it just AINT happening! *Sighs in resignation*

I spent TOO long over on Twilighted tonight trying in vain to add images to my signature! ARG!!! Never could get it to work. I used the URL, the Code, and the IMAGES buttons...nothing worked. I know I'm missing something just totally stupidly simple!
My avatar worked just great. Oh well, I stopped trying before my laptop ended up through the window and in the front lawn!
I had a lap band fill yesterday, and I am on liquids until tomorrow night...I'm not exactly in the best of moods today! :shock:
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

I'm a member of Twilighted and I've never had any problems aside from getting my story posted(it's been refused twice, but I have a really good beta and she's done a very good job with other's stories). The forum, however, is like the Lex's-uses the same style of posting and codes and other things, which makes me think that the two might be affilated in some minor way, or it may the coincidence that the sites' owners just like the system that's employed. But it's nice that both forums use the same programs.

I decided to go to Twilighted so I could post and read various stories and become a better writer, since I haven't written anything like this since high school.

I haven't read any fan fictions lately, but one of my favorites is called Vampire Hunter Nessie at FFN and Twilighted. It's kinda a PG-13 humor based crossover post-BD story about if Renesmee became a vampire hunter-not hunting those like the Cullens, but a race of violent, malevolent vampires and other vile creatures. Some of the humor verges on the ribald and dark, but if that's you're thing, you'll like it, also if you like Vampire Hunter D(a Japanese manga/anime series about a hybrid like Nessie that came out in 1985), it has things in there for you.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

Fizzles wrote:Hi Everyone

I've just started reading another fanfic. The Lost Boys by hwimsey. Three young woman, three young men, a potentially haunted Victorian that's falling apart around their ears, unrequited love, and an up and coming band. Take all that, shake it up, and set it in romantic San Francisco. All human, usual pairings.

This one's complete though so thats a blessing! I'm about 5 chapters in and really enjoying it. I like the writing style. And Edward - an English musician in a band. :D

There was also something posted from hwimsey that I thought you guys would find amusing.The Official Fanfic Widower’s Guide. I've just e-mailed it to my hubs. :lol:

Laura
Laura - I LOVE The Lost Boys!! Such a fun read. I was reading it while it was updating. Hwimsey is a good author and her a/n's are great! Thanks for the link to the widowers guide, that was hilarious!!
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Chernaudi wrote:The forum, however, is like the Lex's-uses the same style of posting and codes and other things, which makes me think that the two might be affilated in some minor way, or it may the coincidence that the sites' owners just like the system that's employed. But it's nice that both forums use the same programs.
XMB and phpBB are the two big forum programs to use and they are supported by pretty much all hosts. It really isn't surprising that they both use the same one.