Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Post by SweetImpakt »

Kristen won the BAFTA according to the live blog I was following. She looked so very beautiful in her white dress.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
JulieM
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JulieM »

I am sooooo proud of Kristen. She totally deserves this. I am so glad and thankful she is our Bella. You rock KStew!!!!!!!!!!
Image Image

Cullenist/Rob's Halfway House Member
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

I love Kristen. Amen to the above post. :D She's the best Bella ever. By the way, I'm digging her grown out Joan Jett hair.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
dazzledBrit
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dazzledBrit »

JulieM wrote:I am sooooo proud of Kristen. She totally deserves this. I am so glad and thankful she is our Bella. You rock KStew!!!!!!!!!!
Totally! I am sooo pleased for her. :D
Rob's Halfway House member ~ Kristen, Rob AND Taylor fan - The Twilight pedant

Heading to Forks soon...
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

*stands and applauds, even giving a good finger whistle for good measure*
Way to go, Kristen!! We are all amazingly proud of you. And, on top of it all, first American woman to win this award in it's history. For all you've done and everything we know you will do, thanks!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

About time that Kristen got some mainstream respect outside of the Twilight universe. However, it's still a little sad that some people don't get her and that Twilight is all that she's known for save for big time or die hard fans. This is an excerpt taken from a comment I made on an artilce about Kristen's BAFTA win:

Everyone knows who Kristen is because of Twilight, and I know that some people have a hard time seeing past that(internet trolls, those who say she’s ugly or stupid, people who have nothing better to do than put her down for whatever moronic reason). Twilight has been a double edged sword-her fandom and people interested in her and her work has grown immensly, but the tabloid cretins don’t know when to back off. And sadly, Twilight is all that some know her for and don’t care about her other works.

She’s awkward when it comes to interviews, but Kristen herself has said that she’s not the best at self evalutation and condensing her feelings and thoughts into 5 second soundbites. I say just be glad that she sometimes says anything at all, because sometimes, she does seem overwhelmed by it all with the fame.

And with some of the British press criticizing her interviewing, maybe they should have a run-in with one Jeremy Clarkson, who is an automotive journalist mostly known for being a host and producer of Top Gear and a writer for The Sunday Times and The Sun. I’ll bet that even Jeremy, with his brash tounge in cheek style, would give Miss Stewart the benefit of the doutbt. And let’s not forget where most Americans are partly ancestored from-England. Commonality with humor, commonality with thoughts. Some people, regardless of nationality, don’t get it with Kristen, and they ought to try and give her a break, as they’re asking a lot of a 19 year old who really didn’t expect all of this, bad of good.

However, it’s about time that some out there are giving Kristen Stewart some respect and admiration, and it’s well deserved for someone who never asked for it and would be just as well in her mind without it, as well as provided some entertainment for us and is kind and generous to friends, fans, and people at large and has never asked to be thanked.

Overall, well deserved, and maybe now some people will cut her some slack and give her some respect, which from some quarters is lacking if you ask me(cough, cough, the media)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
rollie715
Wandering Through Town

Post by rollie715 »

What I'm wondering is how she's going to do as the new transformed Bella in BD after she turns into a vampire. The Bella I see in Twilight and NM seems to have a very similar personality as Kristen, so basically Kristen can just act as herself with Bella's lines. However after the transformation, she will need to turn into a different person, one with greater confidence, poise, and gracefullness, no more stumbling and physical awkwardness. I think it is good that Kristen has these three other Twilight movies as well as others to practice on, as it may be a stretch for her to make the transformation.

The scene in BD where she experiences the first sensations of her new abilities, followed by her first hunt with Edward is one of my favorite scenes, so I hope they can handle it appropriately.

This post is not meant in any way to be negative towards Kristen, in fact I watched Twilight before I read any of the books, and to me Bella is exactly as Kristen has portrayed her. I really like the way she has done it so far.

Go Kristen !
What I enjoy the very most is when my… enhanced abilities let me save someone who would otherwise have been lost. It’s pleasant knowing that, thanks to what I can do, some people’s lives are better because I exist
- Carlisle Cullen
dazzledBrit
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dazzledBrit »

rollie715 wrote:What I'm wondering is how she's going to do as the new transformed Bella in BD after she turns into a vampire. The Bella I see in Twilight and NM seems to have a very similar personality as Kristen, so basically Kristen can just act as herself with Bella's lines. However after the transformation, she will need to turn into a different person, one with greater confidence, poise, and gracefullness, no more stumbling and physical awkwardness. I think it is good that Kristen has these three other Twilight movies as well as others to practice on, as it may be a stretch for her to make the transformation.

The scene in BD where she experiences the first sensations of her new abilities, followed by her first hunt with Edward is one of my favorite scenes, so I hope they can handle it appropriately.

This post is not meant in any way to be negative towards Kristen, in fact I watched Twilight before I read any of the books, and to me Bella is exactly as Kristen has portrayed her. I really like the way she has done it so far.

Go Kristen !
Actually, Kristen isn't very like Bella in many ways...e.g. Kristen is actually athletic, with good balance, whereas its Rob who falls over more when filming. :lol:

I read an interview with the head make-up artist from both the Twilight movies and The Runaways and he said it was amazing the way Kristen studies for and gets into roles. For example, she changed her posture and how she moved when playing Joan Jett instead of Bella. And Joan Jett has also commented on how amazingly Kristen became like her after studying how she moved, etc.

So I'm really interested to see the final movie, with Bella changed as I think Kristen will do an amzing job portraying this.
Rob's Halfway House member ~ Kristen, Rob AND Taylor fan - The Twilight pedant

Heading to Forks soon...
Drunkster
Settled in Forks

Post by Drunkster »

JulieM wrote:I am sooooo proud of Kristen. She totally deserves this. I am so glad and thankful she is our Bella. You rock KStew!!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree with you! By the way your avatar clips are hilarious :lol:
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

I did see New Moon today, and I think that once again that Kristen hit things on the head for Bella. I feel that Kristen has more of an emotional connection to Bella and the physical stuff--I mean that she looks very much like I envisioned her even before I read the description of how Bella was supposed to look, but she is very athletic(ask anyone who's played football with her) and she kinda at time has to fake clumsy, though her mannerisums are pretty spot on, and as at the MTV Movie Awards in '09, she has her Bella moments, too.

I also like how sometimes that Kristen has given Bella some guts. Not that she didn't have any in the book, but I think that seeing Kristen act it out gives it a further definition. She's obviously read the books and is dead serious about her portrayal of Bella, and she never ceases to impress me.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/