Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by marielle »

HAPPY BDAY TWILIGHTMOM!!!
hope you get something nice....

Bac, yes it has been really quiet here the last few weeks... I guess most are stuck in the snow... ;)
Openhome wrote:How are you all liking the snow? I know lots of you guys got more than you are used to. We love it, but we got way too little for our tastes.
I'm so not liking the snow...you can't believe how happy I was when it was just normal rain falling out of the sky...of course rain will get boring to...
LadyDi wrote:The news recently reported that incidences of skin cancer are down now because people want to mimic the pale complexion of the characters in Twilight
, this was in our news papers as well...hahaha :lol:
I'm pale not matter what and I love it...when I go in the sun I turn red and then white again.... :oops: but I have been asked if I do in on purpose staying so white, mostly when I'm having one of my copies of twilight in my hand...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWILIGHTMOM....

Man I miss you all.... *needs more time in life*

Speaking of snow though, I was offered a last minute, pretty much free, trip to NYC & I just HAD to go. :lol:
So, here I am in NYC....
Chillin' in my room @ The Belvedere, waiting for my friend to wake up. Decided to get updated on some of the, many, sites that I just don't have time anymore to keep up with.... :(
38 degrees up here is ALOT different then 38 degrees in Orlando. :lol:
Just flew in yesterday morning, & saw Barry Williams aka Greg Brady 1st thing after getting off the plane. OFCOURSE, we just HAD said "Hi" & he was wicked nice & absolutely adorable.... TeeHeeHee....
We went to Times Sq, took a bike/carriage ride through Central Park(fell on my butt while trying to climb the Alice in Wonderland Statue) & went to The WTC Site.
Had planned rest for a bit then PARTAY the night away, but got back to the hotel & totally crashed....

Anyone live here?
Anyone know of anything that MUST be done?
One more of a "fan girl" level, anyone know of any good "Rob" news.... ;)

Leave Wednesday AM, them headed to Atlanta for the Creation Con on Thursday. I am volunteering again so can't wait. Tinsel is scheduled to be there & REALLY want to meet here. Only hear good things in relation to her.
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Addicted,
I'm so jealous! I haven't been to NYC since 1995. I want to go back. Have a great time! And enjoy the Creation tour. Bring back photos!

PS, Robert Pattinson is supposed to be on the TODAY SHOW tomorrow. Are you gonna go with the rest of the fan girls?!!!!!
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

LadyDi wrote:"Non-recovering addicts" - good line Openhome.
I was at a conference, did a couple of presentations (one on Twilight) and a whole whack of convention attendees were really eager for me to get into battle with an author who made some disparaging comments about Stephenie Meyer and the series. I told people I really didn't want to start a public fight. Let me ask the adults on here - what are your best short comebacks for people who slam it? My new blurb (now I had time to think about it): "It's got inter-generational appeal and all sorts of people reading. The news recently reported that incidences of skin cancer are down now because people want to mimic the pale complexion of the characters in Twilight. How can you tell me a book that indirectly saves lives is garbage?" Any other one-liners?
Great literature isn't based on big words or big ideas. If it was, the dictionary and technical schematic for the internet would be international best sellers. Great literature touches humans lives and the truth of our existence in such a way that we discover truths and come together over those truths. If Mark Twain or Harper Lee were to try to get published in today's literary climate, they would be run out of town.
By the way, I do get to defend the stories quite a bit at schools I teach at. :)
If you think defending the books is hard, try defending the rather odd hobby of writing fan fiction about them. :lol:

Happy Birthday TwilightMom!
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

bac I am SOOOO going to be @ The Today Show. What kind of a Twilight Lexiconer would I be if I was where I KNEW Rob would be.... :lol: ;) 8-)
My friend & I will be holding up medium sized green signs.... CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Won last minute cheap lottery drawing tickets for Rock of Ages, & it was AWESOME!!!!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Hello from Ft. Myers, FL... I am almost at the end of our annual trip to visit my folks. Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes! I had a low-key birthday with my family. I got to read and relax.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Happy Birthday LadyDi!

Addicted, have fun at the Today Show. I hope it isn't too cold. Wave to Rob for all of us at the Gutter.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Happy Birthday Lady Di!!
I hope your day is amazing!
Addicted, get pictures!! ;)
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

It's been forever since I've had a chance to check in!

First, I wanna say a very late HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! to anyone whose I missed!!!! I hope all of your special days were awesome!!

I think I've mentioned before that I am a 5th grade teacher...anyway, the school I work at has previously always ended at 5th grade. Well, we've decided to expand for the upcoming school year. We're adding 6th grade next year and then each year we will add a grade until we stop with 8th. My administrator informed me that they want me to spear-head the expansion of the middle school! I am so excited but super nervous too. I'm having to do so much research! I need to choose the best curriculum, find out how to get laptops purchased for each student, hire an assistant, etc, etc!!! So that's what I've been busy putting together! I so miss keeping up with all the info here though!

A few quick questions I have been pondering...What do u all think of the graphic novel of Twilight being released? (If this was already discussed...sorry!) and also...which DVD of New Moon do you all think is the best one to purchase? There are so many different stores realeasing different edition DVDs and claiming they have the best extras!! I need help deciding :)

Hope everyone is well :)

Thank you Naureen!!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Happy Belated Birthday TwiMom!!!

Happy Birthday LadyDi!!!

I was looking at the different versions and I have no idea which one to get. I know I will get it in blue-ray but from what store, which has the most extras or best extras?!?!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!