Adult Thread--Rob's Halfway House 4

Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Re: Adult Thread--Rob's Halfway House 4

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Caryn you got some eyes on you girl. So observant. I would've never paid attention to the two of them wearing the shirt b/c I am too busy ogling over his face.
Banner by TammyAZ
rollie715
Wandering Through Town

Post by rollie715 »

With more Twilight Saga movies to be released, I think Rob will have a hard time shaking his "Vampire" image among the public and with talk show hosts.

It may show my age a little, but as a Star Trek fan, I watched as William Shatner tried to break away from his "Captain Kirk" image even decades after the series and movies were over. Even the commentator at the recent 2010 Oylmpics in Canada commented that "Captain Kirk is in the house" as the camera panned accross the celebrity seating at the final USA-Canada Hockey game. Then Shatner even mentioned the Olympics to be a "final frontier" (a Star Trek quote) during his closing ceremony comments.

I think even tho Twilight may have helped launch Rob's career, it will also bring along with it some baggage to carry as he trys to branch out and pursue other roles.
What I enjoy the very most is when my… enhanced abilities let me save someone who would otherwise have been lost. It’s pleasant knowing that, thanks to what I can do, some people’s lives are better because I exist
- Carlisle Cullen
Fizzles
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Fizzles »

Good Evening. :D

Hope you are all well. Thanks for the well wishes for my grandad. Consultant said today that surgically there is no more that can be done but they will continue to treat with medication. Grandad is just itching to get out of hospital now. I think he's done about 10 crossword puzzle books since he's been in there. :lol:

Happy Hump Day!
Here are some yellow shirt pics.
How lucky is this girl?

Back to work on Bel Ami now for Rob. I loved all the media from NY but it seemed like such a crazy whirlwind. Glad he's back in the UK for a while cause I haven't seen him as happy and relaxed as he has been these last few months.

Back soon ... Laura Xx
Member of Rob's Halfway House
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Isn't this HUMP DAY???
Sorry, I don't have anything to post, I rely on the rest of you.
Maybe you're all posted out from Rob's (and Kristen's) busy week.

Regarding the Eclipse Editor Change - Perhaps it is because of the newborn fight scene??? Too high tech?? Special effects? I'm an optimist, so I'm still hoping that the love scenes are good. However, it seems that Caryn (and others) knows a lot of background info on Slade and the process and thinks this might NOT be a good sign. I volunteer to be the "naive one" on this issue.

EDIT: There's a lot of good discussion on the Lexicon Blog side.
marielle wrote: And I love the Kstew is wearing her BF's clothes...I can so see them together in a country cottage in the english country...AHHA my fantasies........... is that Kstew leaning her head on Rob's shoulder?
Marielle - Did you say a country cottage? Just like the one Esme got for them? That's what I'm thinking, and you know how they spend 99% of their time in that cottage???????? :o :oops: :shock: Sounds good to me.
Regarding the picture - yes, I think that is indeed Kristen next to Rob - she's the right height!

Tracy - Yay! You've heard of St. Olaf College! Yes, they have the world famous choral program, most notably, the Christmas Festival. My daughter is in her second year and is in one of the choirs, so we have been lucky enough to go to the Christmas Fest the last two years. 600 students participate (singers and orchestra). It is an incredible experience live.

Rollie - Welcome! Regarding Rob being stuck as Edward for his career - you expressed your point very well. I can see some connection, but William Shatner spent many more years as Captain Kirk, so that will be the difference. Remember Me will be a turning point, I think. If Rob really acts as well as it looks like he does in the trailers, he will have earned a lot of respect as an actor. He may have been able to stop the type casting just in time. It was a good thing that he got another film project this soon.
G-Faerie08 wrote:[It made me just a tad sad when Rob was like, "Thats why I am not a comedian.." He doesn't realize how funny he can be. He's just been in a bunch of dramatic films. I would love to see him in a comedy someday.
[/color]
Gii - I interpret that differently. :) It is his self-deprecating way of handling an interview. He doesn't want to appear to be a pompous ars; he doesn't really like the super stardom, so he jokes around. I don't think he seriously thinks he can't do comedy. I think he has healthy self esteem (from his wonderful family). However, would Rob in a comedy be sexy enough for us?? ;)

Laura - Thanks for the update pics of Rob back in the UK. If I had Rob's schedule this week and the back and forth jet lag, I'd really be dragging (and maybe even get sick)
****says a prayer for Rob so that he doesn't get sick*****
So, is Bel Ami being filmed in the UK now? I know they were filming in France earlier........
What's the scoop?

I'm getting most of my updates directly from the Halfway House now, so THANKS, EVERYONE!!!

EDIT: Linz - That 3rd picture, under "DAY", is one I've never seen - It made me go T H U D. Much appreciated. ;)
Last edited by Susie on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dazzledBrit
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dazzledBrit »

rollie715 wrote:With more Twilight Saga movies to be released, I think Rob will have a hard time shaking his "Vampire" image among the public and with talk show hosts.

It may show my age a little, but as a Star Trek fan, I watched as William Shatner tried to break away from his "Captain Kirk" image even decades after the series and movies were over. Even the commentator at the recent 2010 Oylmpics in Canada commented that "Captain Kirk is in the house" as the camera panned accross the celebrity seating at the final USA-Canada Hockey game. Then Shatner even mentioned the Olympics to be a "final frontier" (a Star Trek quote) during his closing ceremony comments.

I think even tho Twilight may have helped launch Rob's career, it will also bring along with it some baggage to carry as he trys to branch out and pursue other roles.
I'm not sure Rob will have such an issue. Taking William Shatner as an example, he started out in a TV series (not movies) and ended up playing Kirk from 1965-1994 in all, from pilot through the series to the movies. :shock: Rob isn't going to be playing Edward nearly as long as that and he's already done, and is doing, other movies so the whole "breaking into the movies" thing outside of the franchise isn't applicable.

HAPPY HUMP DAY! :D

And one more for luck.... 8-)
Rob's Halfway House member ~ Kristen, Rob AND Taylor fan - The Twilight pedant

Heading to Forks soon...
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Just a quick post from me, so I don't start missing out again...

About Rob being stuck with the vampire image...In a way, I think he will always be associated with Edward Cullen. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. He plays the best Edward we could ever dream of having, and that part has opened so many doors for his acting career. And like Susie says, if Rob plays well and gets the good parts, he will prove himself as an actor even more. So I think that Rob is also proud of his time as Edward.
There'll be no Remember Me saturday for me, since we're not getting it until April :cry:

Caryn~ I loved your comment out the hair on the wax-Rob :)

Deb~ Good to see you. Yeah, it's getting better around here. And you can just feel it on everyone around. All the people at work are just so happy. It must be the sun :)

Shauni~ We are way too predicatable :lol: I'm dreading telling him that we're going to see Remember me...

I watched Adventureland tonight. I liked it. KStew was great. You could tell that it was Kristen, but as someone here said (Linz maybe?), it was very different from Bella. Nice to see her in a part like that.

I'm just catching up on Rob intervewis now. I think he looked so good on The View :) And he seems relaxed and confident, and funny. It's good to see. If he likes Betty White, there is hope for all of us :lol:
Happy hump day!
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

Hi girls ,

I'm just stopping by to say thi:

Jadey ~ If you haven't already left, have fun at the Paramore concert ! I'm still really jealous :D

Trine ~ Yes we are :lol: I'm not sure whether I'll get him to go to RM with me, but he'll have to because I don't have girlfriends that love Rob as much as I do and they don't want to go so. Wathever, those are standard boyfriend duties, IMO :D Although I don't think I would go to see a crappy movie with Megan Fox, for instance, just because he thinks she's hot :D

Still had no time to catch up with the Rob interviews, I'm still drowning in my homework
ow, and about Rob's vampire image. It's the same with Daniel Radcliffe. Being part of such a big franchise is both a curse and a blessing. He'll make it though, just because he's simply amazing.

See y'all later !

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
newtonscricket
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by newtonscricket »

Jazz Girl wrote:So I was just able to watch Rob and Emilie on The View... Oh Holy Christ was that hysterical. First and foremost, Rob looked HAWT...mmmmm, nice TIGHT grey trousersand suitcoat, but still rocking his style with the untucked shirt. He was adorkable, of course, charming the snit right out of all of them.
See, I told you he would be fine! Who said he "charmed the pants off them"? Tracy? (not just a figure of speech when it comes to Rob). Caryn, thanks for your good work on the "who was wearing whose shirt" story!

I was a little disappointed with the Daily Show interview to tell you the truth. I looooooove Jon Stewart ("JStew" hee hee!) I feel a little proprietary about him since we went to the same college (not at the same time, I'm younger!) but I really wanted him to give Rob a hard time about the vajayjay comments. That was comedy gold waiting to happen right there.

And speaking of, Rob can definitely do comedy! I thought he did a great job in that tree (though he really looked like he might be in danger of falling!). His role in "Little Ashes" had lots of comic elements which made me laugh out loud. I have a feeling Remember Me will show us some of that side too. I hope one day he'll do a real silly comedy, he's such a goofball in real life.

Wow! <mind wanders away from Rob for just a moment>
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

newtonscricket wrote: And speaking of, Rob can definitely do comedy! I thought he did a great job in that tree (though he really looked like he might be in danger of falling!). His role in "Little Ashes" had lots of comic elements which made me laugh out loud. I have a feeling Remember Me will show us some of that side too. I hope one day he'll do a real silly comedy, he's such a goofball in real life.
You know what Newjen? You're right. I almost forgot about Little Ashes. There were some comedic elements in the film..Rob was soooooo cute in that tree even though he really did look like he was going to fall. I was like, "He should have gotten more in the tree and sat instead dangling from it." But that was hilarious..Jimmy trying to get Rob to say he was bothered :lol: Classic.
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

I haven't been on sense Sunday. Ya'll have been busy! Too much to take notes on.

I LOVED Rob on Jimmy Fallon. I thought the tree bit was funny! I liked him on the view. I thought he was more comfortable on The View though.

Thanks everybody for posting all the pictures! Hope you all are doing well!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story