Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by CappuGirl »

My granny had her surgery and is feeling so good she thinks she could go walk in the woods and gather firewood (She lives at an old farm house so they still warm the house with wood in addition to electricity if it's really cold). Of course they're still holding on to her in hospital. She's still in the university hospital about 500km away from home but there's talk of moving her back to the Lapland hospital (130km from home) for observation. She might even get back home by next week. The hospitals here are slow to start taking care of people, but very fast at getting them back home. eh.
Anyways, I'm now a big believer of the Lexily superpowers. :D I'm sure they'll work for Becca's granpa as well. I'll be thinking of happy, healthy thoughts for him. :)

I was a dummy today. Stressed myself over housework since I got a sudden inspiration to do a bigger clean up and kept thinking of more and more of things that i should do. End up doing non of them since the boys were total wild puppies all day and sucked all my energy. :lol: With these ones I consider it a clean house if the kitchen is clean and the floors aren't flooding with toys and trash. So, got that one accomplished. 8-) Also just finished cleaning the boys' closet that was looking awful. Can't believe they've got so much clothes, most of them haven't even been on them yet. Some are new, most are from my sister's kids, some from J's sister's boy. I'm giving some to my friend's boys if she'll have them. Tomorrow I'll be throwing out all the guys in this house. They can go visit J's mom for all that i care. R is having a sleepover with her cousin. Tomorrow I should be cleaning the floors properly and baking more bread. Suddenly all anyone wants to eat is home made bread. Go figure. :P

Hugs and happy thoughts to anyone who needs them
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

SenorGimp-
Sounds like things went in your favor! I hope that it's a great time for you when it's all done with!

Jasmine-
I hope u get of of it soon. Just think, it'll be spring soon and that means warmer weather and that always lifts up spirits.

Becca-
I will definitly say a prayer for your grandfather! happy thoughts comming your way!

pennyBug84-
It looks like Alice will be a great movie! I didn't even know Lifehouse had a new album out. they have some great songs!

MRK-
Your banner always cracks me up, I think it's just so cute!

CappuGirl-
Will be sending happy thoughts your granny's way!

I talked to my mom tonight on the phone. Been a long time sense I have seen her. She said she had a boxload of pictures for me and my brother. My spirit felt lifted up just talking to her tonight. I miss my mom and my sister and my neice so much. It sucks that they live on the other side of the country from me :(
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Becca your grandpa will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs

SenorGimp Congratulations. I'm really happy for you...

Everybody else, I've read a few post here and there but it's really hard for me to keep up these days. I'm always tired and sleepy but everything seems to be ok. I'll se the doctor on March 18th but the blood tests are good so far :mrgreen:
I'd better go get ready now...no nausea this morning so I might take advantage of this and be on time at school LOL

Oh, by the way...has anyone seen the last Clint Eastwood's movie, Invictus?
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

CappuGirl

Post by CappuGirl »

Wohoo, I'm gonna get some grown-up company next week. :D My oldest friend E is coming ot visit us for the week since our kids got the same week off as spring break. So there's talks and walks in my near future. Walks as in we'll go to Ikea because that's where she always wants to go atleast one day when she's here. :lol: I don't mind. Especially now that my youngest is old enough to spend an hour in the child-park there. He has always been so sad to get left out of it. E also wants to go clubbing some night. I'm thinking I'll stay sober and drive us there. I wouldn't want to freeze my butt. She also wants to go swimming since our public swimming pool (or hall, what ever) is so cool. I'd rather not go... Maybe if I found a new swin suit... :roll:
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

Been horribly MIA (For me at any rate). Right now super sleepy but just wanted to check in and say "Hey" and let you know I'm thinking of all of you.

I leave in 3 days! OMG still have so much to get done - although managed to get alot accomplished today (dispite being exhausted)

Ok, definitly bedtime....

Night night all! *Huggles*
(Yup blatantly just copied and pasted from Maria! How'd you do that hun???)

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

First: 17 Days till Sarah's visit!!

Second: 12 Days till my birthday!

Okay, my life is really boring. I rented a couple of movies over the weekend. Paranormal Activity--really freakin scary. Loved it. Also, The Time Traveler's Wife. Man, it's been a long time since a movie made me cry like that.

I really hope that Sokka is as funny in the Airbender movie as he was in the series. That boy WAS the funny in that series.

Counting down also for Eclipse and HP....June and July seem so far away.

Going to put in apps at 2 places tomorrow--I need those lexily mind powers working for me! Wish me luck!

Huggles! Jen
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
CappuGirl

Post by CappuGirl »

SarahGoddard wrote: Night night all! *Huggles*
(Yup blatantly just copied and pasted from Maria! How'd you do that hun???)
Whoa, I'm tired! Just took me whole 15 seconds to realize what you were copying. :lol: Alt+3 =♥ You need to take the three from the numbers on the right end of the keyboard, not above the letters. Here's more: http://koti.mbnet.fi/petteria/winkurssi/content15.htm The text above is in Finnish but all it's really saying is press Alt and pick the number that gives the mark you want. [insert two hours] And indeed I'm tired. I just forgot this messagebox unposted in another tab for two hours while FBing and bossing the kids to clean their rooms. Shower... I really hope the bathroom isn't cold today.. Should I warm up the sauna just in case...
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

I'd like to add to the Sarah Countdown: Less than 1 week!!!

Airbender (i hate how I can't call this Avatar anymore. Last Airbender finds know what you're talking about but everyone else thinks of James Cameron's film, but I digress) - I hope Sokka is funny too! The humor and character personalities are part of what makes the show great. I'm also excited that M.Night is a A:LA (my new abbreviation for this) fan a long with his family, so he has a real fan connection to this story.

New Moon - out on the 20th which happens to be the spring equinox and the movie's main song is called "meet me on the equinox" - summit being funny and witty or just a coincidence?

So my weekend has been CRAZY! I was working on getting everything sorted for my committee's entertainment event ( a really cool mentalist/illusionist) when I get a text from my friend on campus that a building is on fire - the building that is only 2 years old too. This is at 3pm and at 4:30 when I arrive on campus to meet my act it is still going b/c it turns out it is a serious fire between the attic and the roof of the building. I meet up with my act as the police are blocking off parts of campus and we get a message that all buildings near the fire will be closed because the fire trucks and police need to get in, so all events are therefore canceled. We went to find our advisor who doesnt believe in a having a cell phone or pager. He was up at the Coliseum watching the televised Big South Championship are team was playing in. He tried to persuade the campus police to host the event elsewhere on campus, but it was a no go. So event canceled sadly, i was looking forward to it. Also sadly, the building to 24hrs to put out and there is water and smoke damage to the main building (which has computer labs, classrooms, professor offices, and fancy high tech equipment that's roof alone cost 6.5 mil) as well as the connecting buildings. I feel bad for all the faculty and staff who lost work and possesions to water and smoke, but luckily no one was hurt since the building isn't used Saturdays. No class today either, hence, why i'm posting in the afternoon of a Monday.

Good News: our basketball team won as was #2 to get a bid (since the game finished so early) to compete in the March Madness coming up :D
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

x
Last edited by animegaijingirl on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

♀♪♫ :mrgreen:
trying Maria's tip...
I'm tired, I should write, but I'm sooo tired...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK