Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
animegaijingirl

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by animegaijingirl »

x
Last edited by animegaijingirl on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

So I saw Alice in Wonderland last night. LOVED IT!! It was so amazing-- I don't think there could ever be a better Hatter! (sorry to Andrew Lee Potts from the Scifi version, I will always love you, but Johnny was madder). And did I mention the Cheshire Cat? Just may be the best movie I've seen in the last year. *winces at the backlash from NM lovers* Sorry, but that movie only sucked slightly less that Twilight--I'd rather have the books any day.

Then I was up until 2 am listening to Celtic Thunder on YouTube. I am addicted.

Today is my Mom's birthday, she's 47. I did NOT remind her that in 3 years she'll be 50. I'm not that mean. I only do things like that to one of my ex's (who will be 29 in October and I tell him every year he has so many years until he's 30).

Well, that's all for now.

Oh, one more thing: ELEVEN DAYS LEFT ON THE SARAH COUNTDOWN!!!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Hi everybody...I keep reading all your post but thanks to my constant nausea I'm not in the mood to reply 99% of times. Tonight I'm feeling better so I'll try to sneak into your conversations. :D

St. Patrick's Day: this will be the first year without a "celebration" for me...I've found out beer makes me sick and God knows what such bad news this is for me :lol: I can't drink not even a small glass: it gives me stomach ache. I guess I'll celebrate with some orange juice and am sure that St. Paddy will understand :D It's not a typical Italian celebration but the Irish pubs are always crowded for Paddy's because there are loads of people in love with Irish culture. I'm one of those and I'll never forget my only St. Patrick's Day in Dublin. I used to live in Mountjoy Square, just a few yeards from the core of the city celebration. It was a blast...I'd like very much to see the celebration in Chicago or Boston: the real celebration with parades and fairs was born in the U.S.A. so I'm sure it's definitely bigger than in Uk and Ireland.

therealmrswhitlock I saw Alice too but I must confess it didn't impress me that much...maybe it's because I love so much the books that it's hard for me to accept any further development of the story. Anyway, Tim Burton did a very good job as usual: superb cinematography and visual effects, excellent creation of the imaginary wonderland (though a bit darker than in the books). I must say, though, that the 3D technology added almost nothing to the movie. I wish I could have seen it without 3D also but it was not available in that theatre...anyway, it's certainly a very good movie :)

I'm sure there were other threads I wanted to reply to but I can't remeber now...nausea is taking over again: sorry, guys :roll: Have a nice Sunday all!!!
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Hiya!
Biya!
= )...
~SenorGimp~
:?:
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

dimber wrote:Hi everybody...I keep reading all your post but thanks to my constant nausea I'm not in the mood to reply 99% of times. Tonight I'm feeling better so I'll try to sneak into your conversations. :D

I'm sure there were other threads I wanted to reply to but I can't remeber now...nausea is taking over again: sorry, guys :roll: Have a nice Sunday all!!!
It'll get better for you! Hope you feel better soon!

Anybody watch LA Ink on TLC? I love that show. It's so addicting, like a drug you don't want to give up lol!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
therealmrswhitlock

I just wanted to pop in and say that I finally posted the first chapter of my new Jasper/Edward fanfic! It's a short one, forgive me, but I wanted to do a test run and see what y'all think first!

Here it is!
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Wow, Jen, just wow!
That is slightly disturbing, but in a funny, I sort of want to see what happens sort of way...
But it also kind of makes my skin crawl...
I mean, Jasper and Edward?
It's just unnatural.
Especially with Jasper joking with Alice about his new crush...
Well written, definitely an interesting story, but I think it might be just a little bit too far...
Or maybe that's just my preconceived notions about the couplings in the TW saga that are interfering with my ability to see Edward and Jasper as a couple..
I guess that could be cute together...
Heeby Jeeby, though, nothing better than riding my Ducati than riding Edward?
Ok, sorry, it was good, just, well, over-the-top for me........
keep writing it though, I know that I'll probably want to read the rest now, since I started it, and the idea will be in my head, even if it is a bit weird.
Kudos on the fanfic, though, is this your first?
Keep writing, it's an awesome experience, to make a story come to life!
Ok, that's all I got, let me know when you write more, ok?
Much Love,
~Codaniel~
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
therealmrswhitlock

Snowflake-Thanks! This is not technically my first, but the Harry Potter one I wrote (which was also slash) stayed in my notebook because of its poor quality. I just couldn't put it out there after I started reading so many good ones. I waited until my true moment of inspired bliss to start writing this one. I toyed with an Alice/Jasper thing, but I could NOT write Alice the way I wanted her to be. So, now I am struggling with writing Edward. If you're Team Edward, anyone here, you will NOT like what I'm doing to him. But don't worry, if you stick with me through the angst, you'll get a happy ending. I can't hurt Jazz, no matter what I do, and he decided he was falling in love with damaged goods, so now I have to find a way to fix them. Don't you hate when characters run away from you? Ugh, I need a break!

Man, I'm reading a great Ed/Jazz slash right now which has no Alice in it at all. And Emily is Jazz's little sister, which is weird. And Seth and Eric are a couple, also. This person messed with the universe more than I did, but it's amazing.

Everyone get ready--you'll meet Edward, and see the darker side of my imagination, in the next installment, which I hope to have up within the next week! **Warning: There may be some violence and a lot of adult language in the next episode.**

Edit 3/16: I didn't want to get in trouble for double posting, so I added to this one. I received some bad news this morning. My brother's best friend, Tyler, who has Muscular Dystrophy, is in the hospital, and he's in his last days. We went to see him today, and he's got a breathing tube and is not really aware of his surroundings. It's just a matter of time once his mother decides to remove the breathing tube. We knew it was going to happen soon, we just didn't know how soon. Please send your most positive vibes our way.

Also--good things! I went to Red Lobster today and had the most amazing crab I've ever eaten in my life! Yum! And my new favorite drink is a Long Island Ice Tea. I don't like Tequila, but I couldn't even TASTE the Patron! It tastes like a glass of tea! And I went to Factory Card Outlet and found me a pair of shamrock stockings! My nails are green, and I have a skirt I can actually wear the stockings with--I'm gonna have fun tomorrow! I've got whiskey, and I plan to drink it! Whoot!
SarahGoddard

Post by SarahGoddard »

I loved Alice in Wonderland - SOO good!

Celebrating St Paddy's day tommorow with Ally! Woop woop! Its the first time I'll've ever celebrated it properly so I'm really looking forward to it.

Btw - Ally is SUPER cool! I'm having SOOO much fun here in the sunny south. Seeing what, in my opinion is the "true America", normal every day stuff. This is what I wanted to see and I love it. Plus she took me on a 7 store tour just to find Take 5's. She's amazing :D

Jen well done on your first (more or less) fanfic. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole Jasper/Edward coupling but I am interested to see where its going :)

Well, Happy St Patricks Day for tommorow everyone!

Much love,

~Sarah~
1/2 SnowGod

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Just a quick message before heading to work to wish all of you, Irish and non-Irish, a Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!!!

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...