Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Susie
Frozen in Time

Re: Made fun of for liking Twilight?

Post by Susie »

Bruquita wrote:I get gently teased.
Especially when I do something off-guard. Like yesterday, my friend asked me for a favor, and I said "sure,sure", which I have never done before.
Who says "sure, sure"?
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Susie wrote: Who says "sure sure"?
Jacob. That's like his line.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Thanks! I'm only starting my second reading now, so I don't have all the facts clearly in my mind.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

^^^you're welcome :D

It's understandable if you're only on your second round. Unlike me who has read the whole saga 6 times. 8-)
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

pennybug84 wrote:^^^you're welcome :D

It's understandable if you're only on your second round. Unlike me who has read the whole saga 6 times. 8-)
Same, and yet, i keep buying copies of the books! I seem to now have it three times over :) I love knowingh stuff about the saga, so that when people ask about stuff, you know!
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I am a little confused about how some people say SM can't stick with the plot. Can anyone explain. I don't know all the criticism out there b/c usually just don't care either way since I love this series, but that comment a couple of pages back re: the plot made me curious what plot others are talking about. Now back to the topic of this thread. There has only been a few adults that asked why I like this book so much since it is geared to young adults. My answer is this. I have read a ton of adult books and and if it is a romance book it usually lacks building up the relationship between the characters boy meets girl they stay together the end. Then to try to make it romantic they throw in there some sexual content. The adult content usually is written really cheesy that makes me laugh and not take the story seriously. However when SM can wrote the Twilight Saga you could feel the passion and love that sends chills down your spine. I could feel so much emotion for E&B that I can't say I ever had felt in another book. SM did DELIVER that without feeling the need to add adult content to get her point of the intense relationships that build up this saga. That impressed me.
Banner by TammyAZ
vampirelover109
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by vampirelover109 »

i get made fun of by co workers who call me sad and say that i need to get a life but twilight is my escape from all the crap in life i love it its great it makes me happy :P
team edward all the way
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

I just tend to ignore them, because clearly they have no imagination or life :D
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

vampirelover109 wrote:i get made fun of by co workers who call me sad and say that i need to get a life but twilight is my escape from all the crap in life i love it its great it makes me happy :P
I agree that it is a great escape. It is too bad that people have to ruin it for us!!! I too have friends who think I'm crazy and it really hurts my feelings when it is a close friend. Don't they know me well enough to know that this makes some sort of sense?
Timothy
Learning to Love Green

Post by Timothy »

I have been made fun for liking the series, probably more for being a guy, than that person's opinion of the quality of the series. My guy friend's did give me a bit of a hard time when I told them I liked the series. But they don't do it often, mostly because they know I'm capable of hurting them. A benefit of being bigger and stronger than them. :D

They made snap judgments of the series based on it's popularity and craziness. I'm able to defend my love of the series, and they respect that, but they are set in their opinion of it. For me, I get lost in the books and movies. It's been a while since something has affected me so. They don't get that. I've had a more positive experience with my girl friends. I think most of them are fans of the series. But even ones that aren't, haven't given me grief about it.

I haven't been called gay yet. But I really don't share my feelings about the series with complete strangers. Well, people IRL.

Death is peaceful, easy. Life is harder.