Chapter 10: Why didn't I... Becasue I'm an idiot.

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Breaking Dawn.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 10: Why didn't I... Becasue I'm an idiot.

Post by sazykid »

1. Edward was willing to let Bella have Jacob’s child to save her life. In your opinion was this a reasonable offer?
It was incredibly selfless of Edward. He wants Bella to have whatever makes her happy but not at the expense of her life. He knew deep down that Bella would never go for it, but he had to try everything before he could accept what Bella was doing.

2. What do you think it would have done to his relationship with Bella if she had accepted this offer? What other relationships would be affected?
Things would have been crazy. Bella's feelings might change if she had the physical relationship with Jake and not Edward. She would probably end up falling for Jacob in the long run. This would tear Edward apart which would hurt his family. The vampires and warewolves would probably try and get along just to make things a little easier, but the animosity would never be gone. I have to say, I am VERY glad things did not turn out this way.

3. What did you think of Bella's idea that she could be changed into a vampire right after the baby was born?
Seemed like a logical idea to me. The only problem I see with this plan is if the baby kills Bella before the baby is ready to be born. Then both Bella and the baby could be lost. But, if everything goes according to plan Bella will get everything she could have ever wanted!

4. How did you feel about Sam's change of mind and determination to kill the unborn baby?
I could see where he was coming from. Sam and the wolves are there to protect their people and the baby was such a mystery that it made sense for them to nip it in the bud.
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

1. Edward was willing to let Bella have Jacob’s child to save her life. In your opinion was this a reasonable offer?
Its such a romantic gesture and a huge deal to give Bella that option. Very understanding of Edward. He would do anything to keep Bella alive and as well as possible. I wasnt expecting him to say that though as it is such a huge deal.

2. What do you think it would have done to his relationship with Bella if she had accepted this offer? What other relationships would be affected?
Wow, so many relationships would be affected. It would make things between Bella, Edward and Jacob even more tense and difficult. Sam and the pack would have hated the idea. Im not sure about how the Cullens would have reacted and again with Charlie.

3. What did you think of Bella's idea that she could be changed into a vampire right after the baby was born?
Im not sure really. I knew that one day she would be changed but not because of a baby.

4. How did you feel about Sam's change of mind and determination to kill the unborn baby?
I can understand why as he wants to protect his family, the reservation etc. but to suggest killing it before it is born and without a meeting with the Cullens is wrong. How does Sam know what the baby would be like? No one knows for sure that the baby could be a danger to people. It was unfair to suggest the fact that Bella may be caught in the middle of it all and may end up losing her life too. It would have been a very dangerous route for Sam to have gone down.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

i was like"could he get any crazier....oh yes he can!" and i did not think it was a reasonable offer. they should've gotten the baby out when they had the chance, before they had themselves in way too deep.

it would've escalated...a lot. and bella n rose wouldnt exactly get along anymore. :roll: and i think it would be ackward between bella and edward, which would not have been good!

logical, but s-t-u-p-i-d!!! just dont have the baby!! and stay human for a while longer!! im with rosalie on this one...

stupid and i hated it cause it put the cullen's in danger!! grrrrrrr.....
Betting on Alice.
ment2be134
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by ment2be134 »

Well, personally i don't think this was a good offer because the only reason Bella wanted the baby was because it was Edwards, But i don't really think that Edward was really in his complete right mind he was kinda going cray at that point.

2. What do you think it would have done to his relationship with Bella if she had accepted this offer? What other relationships would be affected? First of i really don't think Bella would ever accept but if she did i don't know if it would have hurt their relationship that much though Edward might feel even more quilty because he couldn't ever give her children.

I thought it was a good idea. I mean she was going to be changed soon anyway and now she gets to keep the baby and be changed. I mean it really was not a bad idea.

totally saw it coming and that's all I'm going to see. :)
"Sleep, my Bella. Dream happy dreams. You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours. Sleep, my only love."
~ Edward Cullen

"she's diabolical" ~Emmet Cullen
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

First off, the chapter title is too long for the subject line! I had a feeling that would be a problem. And second of all, lots of thanks to love2dream for her help with the questions!

Being an adament team edward fan uhm NOOO. That's crazy. I know he wants bella to live but whats the point if she's gonna be with Jacob?

I think that Bella would have stayed with Edward but she would always know that she was in love with Jacob and she would be strained in her relationship with Edward the whole time.

Well being that I finished the book it seemed like a pretty solid plan. Not concrete but sounds like it could work.

I think that it was a rushed plan. He should have investigated the situation first. And personally Jacob was right. UGH I can't believe I just said that :shock:
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

I think this is the most stupid idea that Edward ever had!! I thought it was crazy, and I was hoping Bella would say no, cos if she did, it would have ruined her relationship with Edward!!

I think it would have ruined it. Edward would be all "I can't give you a child, you should go and be with Jacob all the time" I think. And Jacob would be like "hahaha, I am the baby's dad and you aren't to Edward". A terrible idea.

I hoped it would work. All my fingers and toes were crossed.

I thought it was a very rushed and stupid decision. I was with Jake here...wait and see what it is like. Don't just rush in and kill Bella, a human!! A very dangerous decision I thought, cos lives would have been lost on both sides.
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
misskiley

Post by misskiley »

EH,.. yes. Edward wanted Bella to live, and he was willing to do whatever it took to make that true. I'm sure that if it would have worked out that way, there would be no way Bella would have actually went through with it.

If Bella DID end up agreeing and wanting a baby with Jacob, I'm pretty sure that would be awhole nother saga haha.. maybe SM should have done it ;).. I think if Jacob and Bella took that step, Bella would end up being with Jacob,.. as much as she loves Edward, she would either have to leave him and be with Jacob or I'm sure Jacob would probably flip eventually.

Erm,. . I thought it might work. If they could get the baby out and Bella somehow still kept her heart beating, it might work.. but she'd be in pain for days afterward and when she did change, the only thing she'd want is blood.. so she wouldn't even really be raising her baby anyway.

Surprised,.. ecspecially since they don't know anything about it, or about the old stories of baby vampires. They don't know that it would be out of control, if anything, since it is a baby, that it would be easier to contain with 8 other vampires.
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

NO NO NO NO NO. That is the worse idea Edward has ever had

I think it would of broke their relationship. Bella and Jakes relationship.

I thought it was brillant :)

I was like you murdering stupid mut back off Edwards child
**Kathryn**
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Edward thought it was reasonable. The man is totally freaking out; he is going to do whatever it takes. I'm with Edward on this one.

Bella would never accept, period.

Good idea, and it demonstrates that Bella is aware that this delivery isn’t going to be all sunshine and roses, and that she may very well have no other choice if she wants to stay alive afterwards.

Edward and Sam are like two sides of the same coin. Bella’s protection consumes Edward, just at the protection of the La Push reservation consumes Sam. These obsessions can affect their judgment from time to time, as their efforts to try to reduce any possible risk to zero can actually create more risk.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Gochiruzeru

Post by Gochiruzeru »

I thought it was incredibly bizarre, to be honest. I know that Edward was going insane over this, but it was still kind of weird to me.

Bella's relationship with both Edward and Jacob would have been stressful if she accepted that offer. She's married to Edward, so the idea that she had someone else's child would have been strange for her, and it would have been bad for Jacob if he got to sleep with Bella, but her heart still belonged to Edward. It probably wouldn't have worked out well at all.

I liked this idea very much.

I didn't like that, but then, I knew how it all turned out, so...