What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: What are you reading?

Post by una »

I finished Kitty's House of Horrors and really enjoyed it. Now I am reading the latest in the Love at Stake series entitled The Vampire and the Virgin by Kerrelyn Sparks.

ETA: Wow, this thread got quiet. Since this post, I've finished The Vampire and the Virgin and really enjoyed it. I have also read the second novel in the Mageverse series by Angela Knight, Master of the Moon. Now I'm shifting gears and reading a historical mystery, the second book in the Sebastian St. Cyr series by C.S. Harris, When Gods Die.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I read so far 4 chapters of L.J. Smith The Vampire Diaries. I am hoping it gets a little better.
Banner by TammyAZ
ravenGirl2468
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Going crazy trying to find my real version of Emmett or Dean Winchester

Post by ravenGirl2468 »

I am reading Fang the like sixth book of the Maximum Ride series so far its pretty good
~Team Emmett
Team Carlisle
~On the list~ Karl is my Twi-guy!
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I just finished the volume 1 of the Vampire Diaries titled Awakening and the Struggle. I am now reading volume 2 The Fury and Dark Reunion. I have to say at first I didn't like the Elena's personality but the story did get better. If you haven't read the Vampire Diaries you might try them out. It is a good quick read.
Banner by TammyAZ
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Current reading includes:

1) Invisible Hands, by Kim Phillips-Fein. This is a very good account of how American business interests have sought, ever since the creation of the New Deal in the 1930s, to reverse it and return to an era where businessmen could pretty much do whatever they pleased without any government intervention.

2) How Far From Austerlitz?, by Alistair Horne. Horne is a British historian who has made himself into an expert on France, and especially on French military history. This book on the Napoleonic Wars is one of about half a dozen he has written on French warfare from the 18th century to the present.

3) Scorsese, by Jim Sangster. This is the Virgin Film volume on the films of, duh, Martin Scorsese. The Virgin Film books are not where you'd turn for the deepest critical or scholarly insights on film but they have a lot of good information; this one is no exception.

4) Fade Away, by Harlan Coben. This is the third in Coben's series about sports agent and sometime investigator Myron Bolitar. In this volume, Bolitar investigates the disappearance of an NBA star and confronts the ghosts of his own, injury-shortened basketball career. The Bolitar books are pretty good and generally brisk reading--I'm almost through with this one.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Vasily
Settled in Forks

Post by Vasily »

I started reading The Hunger Games, it is very good. :D
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

^^^ The Hunger Games is VERY good!!

I'm reading Brianna, My brother, and The Blog by Jack Weyland. He's one of my favorite authors & it's his new one. It's a short fast read so I'll be done in the next day or two.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

I've finished the Harlan Coben book and have moved on to Echo Burning, by Lee Child. This is one of the novels in his Jack Reacher series, which is pretty good. Reacher is an ex-MP who lives a vagabond life, traveling the country with not much more than the clothes on his back and a toothbrush. He also has a knack for finding his way into the midst of other people's troubles, in which cases his MP training, his combat skill and love of a fight, and his size (think Emmett-sized, minus the whole vampire thing) all stand him in good stead. Lee Child is a pretty good writer and I am enjoying this series.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

I just started The Time Traveler's Wife. It's really really good so far (:

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
clpviolet
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by clpviolet »

I have read quite a few books since the last time I posted here. At the time, I was in the middle of reading the Devil wears Prada....its pretty funny and completely different from the movie.

Now comes the many books I have been reading since then(I cant remember the exact order right now so I'll just list them):
1) the Time Traveler's wife....which of course is totally sad :cry: , but now I can watch the movie !!
2) Vampire Diaries 3 & 4 and I just finished the Return:Nightfall.....I can't wait to get started on the next one but I have to buy it and I also have another one in mind to start first
5) Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 1 and 2.....They are both good but the second book is not at all what I was expecting from the second movie....I didn't watch all of it but I wasn't expecting what I read either
6) Salem Falls by Jody Picoult , a definite page turner but the twist at the end is just plain too shocking to believe.
"You put your arms around me and I'm home" Christina Perri - Arms