General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Re: Imprinting

Post by The girlie-wolf »

I agree with you.... I love Kim and Jared.. they are my favorite couple in Twilight except for Edward and Bella... and I love the story behind it too...
But if he DID notice her... I think they might have been togther anyway.. they are truly perfect for each other :D all they needed is for him to notic her... and he did :D
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
Max 28
Wandering Through Town

Post by Max 28 »

About Nessie having kids, I thought the issue would arise when she meets her final age and becomes frozen like a vampire. I think as soon as she would reach that state she would no longer be able to bear children. Does that leave becoming pregnant to before she freezes? I doubt that would work either when her body is in this constant and rapid growing. When she is so abnormal during that time and the shear speed of the changes gives me the impression that her body is too crazy to go through the long process of pregnancy. Unless the baby's development inside her was sped up with her, maybe that would work.

Oh, and vampirenerd, I didn't mean to use the example of Jared and Kim as reason for me liking imprinting. I was rethinking my stance on for or against and thought of that. As you say, I think it is a reason for disliking imprinting when from how I see it, Jared would never have chosen Kim. Surely if it was supposed to be love that strong his eyes wouldn't have been able to pass right over her, glazed. They must have had opportunities of encountering each over the time that Kim was able to develop such a crush on Jared. Hmm, but she was shy...so shy that she avoided him as much as possible? :|
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

That's certainly a possibility. And let's not confuse "love at first sight" with imprinting (in the sense that just because he didn't really notice her prior to his change, that they weren't meant to be). As I said, Jared may not have noticed Kim before, but that could be due to any number of things. People don't always see what's right before them.
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

I agree that eventually they might have gotten together without the imprinting. I just don't like the fact that she has this huge crush on him and he doesn't acknowledge her and then all of a sudden BAM he's in love. It just seems weird to me lol. It seems like they would've had a chance to get to know each other. Obviously he knows who she is and that she has a crush on him. And maybe they eventually would've got to know each other and gotten together.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Well, I don't know that he "obviously" knows that she has a crush on him. I mean, from all accounts, Kim seems to be a reserved person- she may have written his last name after hers in her notebooks, but no one else knew that. All that stuff became public knowledge after Jared imprinted on her (and through the shared mental link).
suzzeeQ
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by suzzeeQ »

vampirenerd wrote:I agree that eventually they might have gotten together without the imprinting. I just don't like the fact that she has this huge crush on him and he doesn't acknowledge her and then all of a sudden BAM he's in love. It just seems weird to me lol. It seems like they would've had a chance to get to know each other. Obviously he knows who she is and that she has a crush on him. And maybe they eventually would've got to know each other and gotten together.
I agree. I feel they should have been able to figure their connection on their own, not have some mythical force push them together. It they were meant to be they'll happen. It may take some time and they may have to live their lives first, but they'll get there.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

You are right of course... but that's imprinting... so you can't say that they needed to bond without it if he didn't know her... and we can't go back... they imprinted and the only thing we have left to say is what we think abou it...not what you think needed to happen... that's my opinion anyway...
I think they are a sweet couple and it didn;t break any past realationships so who cares?
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

I care lol...

Well, I never said that they needed to bond without the imprinting, just said it was weird IMO that they didn't. And since this is a topic about imprinting, I was stating how I feel about it and using them as an example, not saying what I thought should happen. I was just trying to express my opinions about imprinting.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

yeah... I kinda care too... just got a little annoyed because of how you talked about it...
Jared didn't notice Kim because he had no interst in her... she was just the girl who sits beside him in class... I have some too. they didn't bond because they didn't find a thing to talk about, I guess... or Jared is a super unfriendly person. So the imprinting brought them togther, and I'm happy about it... and you are right, it's weird that it's that way... but that's what happened... like Paul imrinted on Rachelle....I hated that by the way... Jacob and Paul as brother in laws? yeah right... :lol:
Ziax
Settled in Forks

Post by Ziax »

I find "imprinting" kind of strange.
It just seems wrong, in a way.

The term "child grooming" comes to mind when I read about Quil and Claire.
Did anyone else find it sexist?