General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Made fun of for liking Twilight?

Post by HarryTuttle »

Nothing wrong with being a straight guy and enjoying Twilight in books and movies, but the guys should love Rosalie and Victoria as being some of the sexiest femme vamps on screen in a long time.
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

Edwards Ragazza wrote:I think the only reason why some people make fun of the Twilighters is because of a huge it has grown. Like anything that get bigger and bigger you have people who just want to make fun of people for whatever it is.
true i didn't get any stick about it until the films were made, once again its just people generalising because of the way its portrayed in the media e.g. screaming teenage girls :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by HarryTuttle »

Not just teenage girls but also college girls as well as they swoon over Robert and Jacob, but the men are ashamed to admit about Rosalie and Victoria.

Similar thing happened with Titanic about the whole screaming teen and college girls, i mean that wasn't the reason why Titanic was successful.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

HarryTuttle wrote:Nothing wrong with being a straight guy and enjoying Twilight in books and movies, but the guys should love Rosalie and Victoria as being some of the sexiest femme vamps on screen in a long time.

You're right there is NOTHING wrong with being a Twilight guy!!

In my opinion most of the cast is pretty darn good looking. (Even the girls. I wish I was as beautiful as they are! I'm straight but just saying.) I think Rob & Taylor are both good looking in their own ways. So are Kellen, Jackson, and Peter. I'm just glad I'm not one of those types that is a screamer. (At least I don't think I would be anyway. I've never been that way.)

HarryTuttle wrote: Similar thing happened with Titanic about the whole screaming teen and college girls, i mean that wasn't the reason why Titanic was successful.

I never thought about that before but you are right! Everyone was like Leo! Leo! Leo! He's so HOT!!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

I get made fun of for the xtreme Twilight addiction, almost everyone I know likes or loves Twilight but when I random break out in a fangirl scream for no apparent reason I get a lot of strange looks.
Although I try to be subtle about my addiction to Twilight, there are times when I 'slip' up too. I know how you feel sometimes I get strange looks too... :lol:
Nothing wrong with being a straight guy and enjoying Twilight in books and movies
You said it brother. I actually had a guy friend who comes with me to Twilight and New Moon movies when it was shown on our local theater. Although he doesn't read the books but he loves the movies.
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by HarryTuttle »

Well some say that male Twi fans are mostly gay or bisexual but straight guys can enjoy this for the reasons as i mentioned, call it a guilty pleasure and those guys can love Rosie and Victoria or Alice whichever they prefer including me.

I am a big vampire fan since i was a kid back in 1987 as a 5 year old who watched The Lost Boys on the big screen and later watched Monster Squad with Dracula movies on TV.
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

ah the lost boys!!! good times! yeah i dont mean that its just teenage girls that like it but that is the stereotype that the non Twilight fans believe to be true and hold over our heads :lol: and well as for the fan gilr screaming my friend and i watched the stuff that was leaked from comic-con with everyone screaming over it and we vowed NEVER to be those girls of course at that point we hadnt gotten anywhere near any of the cast, fast forward to November last year when we went to the u.k. fan party and were inches from Rob, Taylor, Kristen and Chris Weitz and that went out of the window :lol: then a couple of weeks ago met Robat the Remember me prem i got mildly fangirl ish (cringe :oops: ) thankfully not when i spoke to him, i think its just a thing that you never expect to happen and then ur so happy it has :lol:
p.s. harrytuttle officially the first twilight guy fan i have encountered
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by HarryTuttle »

I also watched the 1986 cult horror comedy "Vamp" with famed music/disco queen and actress Grace Jones on video when i was 5 years old the same year i watched Lost Boys on the big screen and also watched Fright Night on video.
Max 28
Wandering Through Town

Post by Max 28 »

I wouldn't say I'm made fun of. The rest of my friends are a bit like :How can you like it? It's for screaming teen girls..." So you are a bit more of an outsider being a Twi Guy, but it's nice to see we are around here. 8-) But I never act obsessive or whatever, being a guy I can't muster up a fan scream anyway. :P
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Actually, you straight guys will have an advantage when wooing women - you know what we like!!!