I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Made fun of for liking Twilight?

Post by HarryTuttle »

Damn right, here here!
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

Susie wrote:Actually, you straight guys will have an advantage when wooing women - you know what we like!!!
Haha..:lol: that's true... if a guy can do whatever Edward an Jacob does than all of the girls will want him :lol:
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by HarryTuttle »

Well the straight or bi Twi guys can like Twilight for the reasons i mentioned like the lady vamps, even in issues of Maxim magazine featuring Ashley Greene. And we guys want to be like Edward in terms of being a gentleman instead of a pig to the gals.
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Well, you may be human and you are a male, (great line from Twilight, slightly adjusted) so you can't help love those sexy vamps! That's understood. If I may speak for all straight women, we like a little of that with our gentlemen!

In all seriousness, though, what you get from Twilight is the deeper, soul reaching love that we women want. It is actually quite genuine. We are so engrossed in that part of the Saga in addition to the erotic elements - See---we want BOTH eroticism and deep, undying love!

So, take that to the Bank! (or wherever!)
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

The girlie-wolf wrote:
Susie wrote:Actually, you straight guys will have an advantage when wooing women - you know what we like!!!
Haha..:lol: that's true... if a guy can do whatever Edward an Jacob does than all of the girls will want him :lol:
So true! If someone woo me the way Edward does in the Twilight Saga I definitely would fall head over heels in love with him...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

:lol: so true!!!! jeez wish i could find me an Edward!! although i was thinking maybe thats another reason the guys hate the edward character so much becuase its made us raise our standards a little :lol: (or alot depending on which way you look at it!)
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
Edwards Wheels
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Edwards Wheels »

I regularly get ribbed about loving Twilight, 'High school musical with fangs' is the normal mickey taking I get. I think because I'm 30+ they laugh at me being so engrossed in a series of books. I take it all with good grace though :D
Max 28
Wandering Through Town

Post by Max 28 »

Haha good point. But yeah, from a guys point of view Edward makes a great male role model. So thanks Susie I'll remember to take that to the uh, bank... :D
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

dazzel21 & bored by the sea - me too!! I've decided if I ever am in a relationship/have a boyfriend I will make him read these books & be like now pay attention to the gentleman that is Edward. :D

I find it sad that Edward being a GENTLEMAN is considered raised standards. I've always looked for/thought that guys should treat the woman they're with the way Edward treats Bella. That's a Big Reason why I am totally Team Edward.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

pennybug couldn't agree with you more, they should act like gentlemen anyway :lol: sadly doesn't seem to be the way it goes with most of the dudes i meet, maybes i need to go hang out in Forks :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**