Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I don't remember who referred me to read Master of the Universe by Snowqueens Icedragon but I have do a shout out a big Thank you. I lke this story alot. I just started reading it last night and I am on chapter 10. In my opinion it is so much better than the Submissive or Training. It actually has a story line. One question for anyone who has read this is it completed or work in progress?
Banner by TammyAZ
BronzedByTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by BronzedByTwilight »

wow hi guys, it's been a while.

So, I think the only people who read Burn Survivors on here are Amanda Beth and Virginia May, but I need to run something by all of you fanfic pros.

My job is kind of...unusual. So unusual that if I told you what it was you may be able to find me through google lol. I got promoted a month ago, and found out a week ago I'm going traveling--to a place where access to a computer where I could write is impossible.

For five months.

I don't want to stop Burn Survivors and give up, I don't want to wrap it up really quickly and end it half-backside, and I don't want to leave my readers waiting five months (I have a dozen or so followers). SO this is my idea and I need to know what everyone thinks:

I'm rewriting the current chapter of BS (I was done w/ it but had to toss it and start over to fit this idea), and then write a chapter 21 wrapping things up like a 'season finale' so there are definitely things left unresolved, but it's not leaving people ripping their hair out. When I finally come back to the states in the fall, I could pick back up again like a season 2. It's taken me so long to post this next chapter because I pretty much needed to rewrite the entire story to fit this...an I really think it work.

Has anyone seen this done? Has it worked? Do you think it will work?
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

SO... Hi All!
I am a big angst chicken. I hate the stuff (and love it at the same time), and as I've been trying to keep myself focused and out of a funk, I have avoided reading UofEM for the last five days! I was thinking it might be prudent to wait for another chapter, but I'm procrastinating here at home and thought I'd ask... how bad was it and do you think it will get worse next week? To wait, or not to wait... that is the question??
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

Desiree ~ MOTU is not completed yet, and there already are 82 chapters. You wait, it only gets better. I really really love this story.

Also I'm anxiously waiting for MoBS to update!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

BronzedByTwilight wrote:Has anyone seen this done? Has it worked? Do you think it will work?
I've seen a few fics just kind of stop in the middle, then continue months down the line. Real life "gets in the way" so to speak, and the fact that you've actually got this all planned out shows how committed you are to your writing.

I say go ahead with your plan. Make sure you put in a little author's note regarding the delay, and I'm sure readers will understand. At least you're giving them some closure, and things to think about, for when the story returns. :)
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

VirginiaMay wrote:SO... Hi All!
I am a big angst chicken. I hate the stuff (and love it at the same time), and as I've been trying to keep myself focused and out of a funk, I have avoided reading UofEM for the last five days! I was thinking it might be prudent to wait for another chapter, but I'm procrastinating here at home and thought I'd ask... how bad was it and do you think it will get worse next week? To wait, or not to wait... that is the question??
Ginnie~ The lovely thing, in my mind, about UoEM is that SR balances the angst with the fluffy love quite nicely. I have never been to a point with this one where I felt overwhelmed by the angst. Plus, now might actually be a really good time to start UoEM owing to the fact that we won't actually be getting an update until May 8th, due to SR's personal schedule. That will give you plenty of time to catch up, digest, process and then be ready for the next round come May 8th. There's definitely more angst to come. But, agains, SR balances the angst quite nicely through a tendency to resolve one source of angst before adding in or advancing another. I would go ahead and dive in.

BronzedbyTwilight~ I agree with Rings. As long as you keep the readers in the know, maybe give them a nug or two to look forward to, we can be a pretty understanding lot. Particularly those of us who write ourselves. Hope the travel is all you want it to be.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
miss_annabella
Wandering Through Town

Post by miss_annabella »

* EP DISCUSSION*

God this story crushes me every chapter. The shoot out was excellent! I really hope the remaining people can make it out of this alive. I don't think i can take any more loss. Aro is a scumbag, I think that he will end up dying by the hands of Edward.
Who survives????!?!?!??!

* end EP discussion*
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

BronzedByTwilight wrote:wow hi guys, it's been a while.

So, I think the only people who read Burn Survivors on here are Amanda Beth and Virginia May, but I need to run something by all of you fanfic pros.

My job is kind of...unusual. So unusual that if I told you what it was you may be able to find me through google lol. I got promoted a month ago, and found out a week ago I'm going traveling--to a place where access to a computer where I could write is impossible.

Has anyone seen this done? Has it worked? Do you think it will work?

Bronzed~ Quick question: Are you a diplomat??? Or maybe the head of your own humanitarian organization?? Because those are the only possibilities that pop into my mind when I think about complete lack of internet access. J/K :lol: Of course, internet aside... there are just times when the environment your in is just not conducive to writing in any way, shape, or form.
So... If I am understanding correctly, you are taking down the current chapter and replacing the content,(ie. re-writing it)then pick up posting when you return? Or will it be like a sequel sort of thing? I don't think either option is unreasonable, although I like the first better, personally. I'd have to check, but I am not even sure that you really left things in such a bad place at the end of the last chapter. Five months is a while, but I agree with Rings and Jazz, the readers should understand. NO matter what you decide, I do wish you the best as you go and congrats on the promotion! ;)

Jazz~ I realize now that I forgot to mention that I was talking about the most recent update of UofEM. Whoops! I've read up until this last Saturday, so I did not know that we would be waiting until May 8th for another update. In that case, I'm certainly glad that I asked. I guess now I can bargain with myself- finish the chapter I'm writing and currently stuck on, then I can read it!

Last thing: Has anyone been reading Decoy by 107yearoldvirgin?? Forgive me if I asked that already, and I guess I should just go back and look at your lists. But... If you are reading it, I wondered what you think? I have mixed feelings, but my fondness for Can't Buy Me Love has me sticking around for the HEA. I'm not too sure about a nudist Bella or a coke head Alice, but I am looking forward to seeing where this story goes and I really appreciate the frequent updates.
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

Edwards Ragazza wrote:I don't remember who referred me to read Master of the Universe by Snowqueens Icedragon but I have do a shout out a big Thank you. I lke this story alot. I just started reading it last night and I am on chapter 10. In my opinion it is so much better than the Submissive or Training. It actually has a story line. One question for anyone who has read this is it completed or work in progress?
Desiree - Master of the Universe is one of my favorite WIP's, love this story!! Yes it is like The Submissive and Training, BUT not for long...... keep reading! So far the story is still going strong.

*** EP DISCUSSION ***

Oh my Fricken Gods!! It took me most of the day to read this chapter (darn work kept getting in the way!!). I am just frantic with the ending. Bella..... Alec..... Carlisle what is going to happen????? Oh Khar PLEASE do not take a month to update!! We can not stand it!

END EP DISCUSSION

On a good note updates today on these Fics:

Bonne Foi
Dark Games & Twisted Minds and
MOBS

***** Runs off to read!!! *****
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

SweetKay wrote:
Edwards Ragazza wrote:I don't remember who referred me to read Master of the Universe by Snowqueens Icedragon but I have do a shout out a big Thank you. I lke this story alot. I just started reading it last night and I am on chapter 10. In my opinion it is so much better than the Submissive or Training. It actually has a story line. One question for anyone who has read this is it completed or work in progress?
Desiree - Master of the Universe is one of my favorite WIP's, love this story!! Yes it is like The Submissive and Training, BUT not for long...... keep reading! So far the story is still going strong.

Sweetkay~ I think it was you who told me about this story. Thank you! I am on ch. 29 and have to say it ROCKS! For many reasons I like this one more maybe I will pm you more on the discussion because I know there are teens on the thread.

EP DISCUSSION SPOILERS~ This chapter wasn't as bad as I thought it was but is anyways else hoping Alec makes it out alive. I liked him since the first time he showed up. I have a bad feeling about Carlisle for some reason I think he is going to save his son by giving up his own life to kill Aro.
Banner by TammyAZ