Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by Jazz Girl »

UGH!!! Being a grown up SUCKS sometimes. Bonne Foi and MoBS updated last night and I soooo want to post. But, I have to go do my job. Damn it!! RL is always spoiling my fun. Well, I'll be back in a bit to chat about them.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

openfire wrote:I finally finished reading How To Save a Life yesterday, and I really really enojoyed it!! I was making little notes as I went along, so here is some of what I wrote…be warned, it's pretty long post sorry! Haha!
Jacyln~ what a good idea. By the time I am done reading the story I tend to forget certain parts of a story and how I feel about it. For example I don't know why cause I did like the story however I felt something lacking with the whole B & E relationship in the beginning. I can't quite put my finger on it. So I am going to do what you do and start taking notes.
Banner by TammyAZ
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

EP Discussion ~

Ok, right from the start, I loved that this chapter was from Carlisle's POV. It just gives a different perspective on the story ~ how he sees Edward is so like himself, but still has that spark of Elizabeth in him; how, just like himself, Edward will sacrifice whatever he has to in order to save the woman he loves. I also appreciate how he realizes, as a parent, he should respond in a more caring way to Edward's needs, but because of the choices he made early on, he can't.
I, too, am very leery of Aro's attitude in this whole mess. Carlisle very clearly made the case that as Edward is now a 'made man', his girlfriend should be protected under the umbrella of the Borgata...but Aro doesn't seem to really care... hmmmm
Also, isn't part of the initiation into the Borgata is killing someone? Wasn't Royce responsible for helping Edward take care of that responsibility? But, he hasn't completed that rite yet....could that he his out?
I really hope Alec makes it, and that Carlisle doesn't have to make a choice between Bella and Alec....if he does, I think he'll choose Bella, not only to save his son, but also to relinquish a small portion of the guilt he still carries over Elizabeth's death.

HTSAL~ finished up this story last night....sad to see it end. It was a good one. One of my favorite lines was from the 'August Epi'..."I don't want it to be perfect, I want it to be us"...that, to me, summed up the whole story.

BONNE FOI ~ this one has gotten under my skin since Ch 1. The Edward here was so different at the beginning, that I wasn't sure I would continue with it....but, as any good addict, here I am 29 chapters later, waiting with baited breath to see what happens! ;) :lol:
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

~~EP Discussion~~

Sandy~ I actually had a thought about Aro and his attitude towards Isabella. Is it possible that he knows everything; that she's his niece and her connection to the family but has some hang up with her upbringing, or her also having "slave blood" so to speak, so he doesn't care that she could be killed or is being threatened? Maybe he's sees her as a threat to the family, or even to MobWard (particularly given the havoc that could be seen as caused by Elizabeth, a woman whose history is so similar)?

As for the initiation, killing someone isn't necessarily a part of it. It was said that it could be. It was normally done as a test of loyalty, if it was asked at all. That's the part that Mobward did not complete, the loyalty test. I too am wondering if that could be a loophole. But, I don't have much hope.

~~End EP Discussion~~

~~ Bonne Foi Discussion~~
Poor poor BonneWard! :lol: Watching him succumb to BonnElla's every order and then choke down Thanksgiving supper while surrounded by puppies... :lol: Ach, this chapter just proves exactly how much he's changed. He's so completely devoted to his girl.... But, there's still such an edge to him. I love it.

~~End Bonne Foi Discussion~~

~~MoBS Discussion~~

Oh Holy Crap on a Cracker!!! This chapter was just downright hot and hysterical. Poor SnarkElla and her word vomit. I laughed my backside off at her ramblings. Granted, I have that happen all the time (though arguably I'm not usually discussing waxing or toys :lol: ) so I find it funny when others do it. But, ummm, the hooking up... WOWZA!!!! HockeyWard is just the perfect combo of hot and awkward that he just makes me swoon. And, damn HH and her cliffies again.

~~End MoBS Discussion~~

Crap!! Now I just found out that This Crazy World updated. Jeez, am I ever going to catch up. :lol:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

openfire wrote:I finally finished reading How To Save a Life yesterday, and I really really enojoyed it!! I was making little notes as I went along, so here is some of what I wrote…be warned, it's pretty long post sorry! Haha!
!
First of all... You guys and gals really ARE a bad influence! Sheesh... :lol:
I totally stayed up until 4am to finish How to Save A Life!!

**WARNING: Long Post & HTSAL Spoilers Ahead!!**

Openfire~ I loved that you made notes. Wish I had thought to do that.

Reading this one, I actually felt kind of sad as I reviewed some of the chapters because it's over and I don't feel as much as a part of the process as I do with some of the WIPs I'm reading. However, I would have died, DIED, died of heartache if I'd had to wait weeks for an update after the Valentine's Day Dance and hideous break-up that followed. OUCH!

I do have to say that while this fic served up a healthy sized portion of angst, I thought it wasn't over the top or borderline torturous. I am also going to go out on a limb and admit that I prefer HTSAL to Wide Awake. I'm not sure that there is really a fair comparison to be made between the two, but mental disorders and illegal substances aside, ;) WA was too too much for me as it tended towards deeply disturbing behavior.

However, in WA Bella still felt like Bella to me, and that was one thing I struggled with a little in HTSAL. In HTSAL, Bella was too confident, too put together and way too willing to change to fit in with the cool kids or to chase after Edward. By the end I cared for her deeply of course, and I felt so much for her that I didn't care too much.

And yeah, Openfire... The line, "... I was just a stupid teenage girl."
WOW! Just wow, wow, wow. That whole discussion/revelation that Bella has after giving herself to Edward like that was so powerful to me. Part of me thinks that should be required reading for girls who care for troubled boys; let's face it, there are far too many of them out there. Of course MomGinnie says, no way! This was not a PG-13 story.

Well, I guess that wraps up my thoughts on that one. I wish I'd been on the journey with you all, but for my sanity I am really glad that I waited.
Ginnie
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Masters of the Universe discussion This whole story as been very emotional for me however Chapter 67 was very hard for me to read. Even though I already knew, it was still gut wrenching reading just how broken Edward really is.
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

*SIGH* I so missed my regular UoEM update this morning that I curled up in bed with the crackberry and reread chapter 30. Two more weeks is going to depress the crap out of me.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

VirginiaMay wrote:Reading this one, I actually felt kind of sad as I reviewed some of the chapters because it's over and I don't feel as much as a part of the process as I do with some of the WIPs I'm reading. However, I would have died, DIED, died of heartache if I'd had to wait weeks for an update after the Valentine's Day Dance and hideous break-up that followed. OUCH!
Totally agree. I am sad that I missed out in regularly discussing the new chapters, but at the same time, I am so glad I didn't have to wait! I would have gone mad waiting to see what happened :lol:
I also agree that Bella didn't really feel like Bella to me in the beginning of the story. I thought this changed tho as the story went on, and she felt much better to me.

I'm looking forward to the Edward point of view update next week. Any one got any idea what scenes they are going to be?

Also, I am unsure which story to start next. I was thinking maybe UoEM or MofU? Maybe I can't decide! :lol:
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Saturday wasn't Saturday yesterday without my usual coffee and UofEM! :(
I haven't commented on MofBS, UofEM, EP, or THE TRAINING this week because I have just been too busy with RL. I've also committed to a couple of fics for the R4R thread over on Twilighted, so it's been a crazy week! Unfortunately, this crazy week has also prevented me from getting any writing done on my own story, Perfect Forever. SOMEBODY STOP THE WORLD! I WANT TO GET OFF FOR JUST A COUPLE OF MINUTES! :lol:
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

Fan Fic Recommdation - Completed Story:

Awake in the Infinite Cold by quothme

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5440286/1/A ... inite_Cold

Summary:[/b} Sometimes we forget that the fruit is forbidden for a reason. A mysterious Good Samaritan saves Bella from a bus before bolting like his hair is on fire. A mélange of Twilight, the movie How to Be, and a short story that for now shall remain nameless (so as not to give too much of the plot away for these first couple of chapters). Because Artward breaks my heart. (AU)

Oh my this story is well done. Unusual storyline, unique characterization of Edward. This story is complete and is only 22 chapters including the epilogue. Watch out for the ending! (That's all I am going to say!!)
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE