Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by SarahGoddard »

Sarah almost totally forgot:

:mrgreen: HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACHEL!!! :mrgreen:

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

Sid forgot to mention a very important Dutch word that can NOT be translated in English.

The word is 'gezellig' , which measn, cozy, having fun, a warm feeling inside, when you are somwhere having a really good time. We use the word a lot, and in english I always end up using, 'nice' which so does NOT say what I mean.

Anyway...I wasnt in a very festive mood, dunno why...but im getting there..
I do look forward to eating Wullies salmon and his special sauce. and looking at crap all day, and buying sweet stuff fo almost nuthing.
I will miss by bff though, she usually goes with us, but she lives in London now..which is prolly one reason im not really feling festive.

Ive been thinking about a castlefest costume..if i feel like doing it all again, and not just go in some leathe rpants and corset. But my mind has been thinking about a miniversion of the peacock outfit..we'll see what happens...

Dont forget about the giveaway..just a few days left!

@MRk my thoughts are with you and your family

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Hello everybody! Here I am to give you an update on my situation...unfortunately, I don't have good news!!!

I went to see my doc and she said I have to undergo a lot of exams, which is good because she seems to have at least a clue: it's not something related to pregnancy but it needs to be solved soon otherwise I could have problems. Regarding staying away from work, she suggested I talk again to my gynecologist and explain my symptoms. Well, I called her and, without even visiting me, she diagnosed something that has nothing to do with my problems, called HG syndrome. Luckily enough, we had experiences in the family so I perfectly know this is not my case, otherwise I would have ended up in hospital taking a lot of meds that cannot cure my disease. When I refused to be hospitalised the doc said this means I have nothing...I got really really mad!!!! :evil: I mean there are a lot of situations between being well and being in a life-threatening situation!!!! I said I want to be cured but before going to the hospital I need the certificate for work, otherwise within a couple of weeks I'll start receiving half my regular pay..............................................can you believe the b**** refused to give this cert?????????
I have contacted another gynecologist and she'll visit me next week on tuesday. In the meantime I have to stay at home, but I have very few days left. I really hope I'll solve the situation soon....I know there are a lot of more serious diseases in pregnancy and I thank God the baby is ok, but I'm too weak to go to work and I'm starting to lose weight, which is not good at this time of the pregnancy. I've been crying all day....

Lex, I need your positive vibes.... :(
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Dimber *HUGS* lemme just tell ya, a lot of OBGYNs say a lot of different things....I had more than my share of eye roll moments with mine...especially since I go to a teaching hospital....
Do what feels right for you. YOU know your body. I really hope the second opinion helps and you can get the cert so you can rest and get to feeling well! As hard as it is not to get stressed, try to be calm and just think of that little baby growing in you!!!
*BIG HUGS!

Sid~Of course, I would never be offended by your positive post! Thats why I come here...it helps to gain perspective, besides, like I said...it's very positive if you look at it the right way, it could have been way worse! Thanks for your positive energy!!! You too Janny!

Thanks everyone for everything always!! You all ROCK!!
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

jeez haven't posted here in a while ( couple of days lol but thats a long time in lex-time :lol: )

misty sending you positive vibes :D (am going to sound epically english here buuuuttt..) keep your chin up

sarahas per the Johnny Flynn vid on FB the other day i've vaguely investigated the tour im thinking ill either do the london date or the Bristol date, because im ridiculously sat in between the two (plus i have to find people to go with as my mates like him but im not sure its enough to do a 2hour trip :lol: )

hope all the lexlings are doing o.k. :D
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

The Lex rocks...my cousin is up and walking around :D See I knew the positive powers here would work!!!

And more good news...Megs is gonna come see me!! WooT!!!
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

Sarah loves the word gezellig but would like it phonetically please. At the moment she is pronoucing it "Je-Zel-Ig" (pretty much how its written) but she would like to make sure she is saying it correct and not look like a total muppett. (This is now Sarah's oficial prefered spelling of "muppet" and "theory" is now spelt "theroy" - Who is Sarah to conform to spelling conventions!?)

Sarah thinks Janny should combine the leather pants with the peacock. ;)

Chiara I'm thinking of you sweetie.Dontcha just love Doctors sometimes? As Misty says YOU know your body. Don't be afraid to fight and argue with them - they dont know everything.

Vicky that'll be so cool if you go to London to see Johnny. I would say we could both try and meet up there but I think its over the summer isnt it and I wont be here.

"Keep your chin up" is the most wonderfully British phrase. Sarah loves it! :D

Yay Misty! SOOO happy for your cousin!

Your still teasing us RE: The whole Megs thing arnt you? Meany! :evil:

I had a VERY weird dream last night! I was at a big pary/prom thing and my date was Wolowitz from Big Bang Theory! I'd gone with him cos he didnt have anyone to go with. Then he leaned into kiss me and I just gave him like a polite peck back. Then he uhmmm "made a mess" and had to go clear up. So I'm wandering around this party off in my own little world and I run into Codaniel who I think wasnt originally able to come. And he got all jealous about me coming with someone else! :lol: And I was like "Its ok, I just felt sorry for him and didnt want him to come alone"

Hehe funny dream! (Babe I would've told you this this morning but I only remembered it on my way to work!)

Ok thats about it for now. Love and *huggles* to all! :mrgreen:

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

SarahGoddard wrote:Vicky that'll be so cool if you go to London to see Johnny. I would say we could both try and meet up there but I think its over the summer isnt it and I wont be here.

"Keep your chin up" is the most wonderfully British phrase. Sarah loves it! :D
ha ha oh yeah hadn't even thought of that, im totally pondering bribing one of my mates to come along with me :lol: so im going to go either way, i simply can't miss the Flynn :lol: yeah i kind of cringed at my stereotypicaly british phrase but it really is the best phrase for things like this i swear.

yay for the positive vibes working for misty :D
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by CappuGirl »

Yay for Misty's cousin. *sending more positive vibes*
As for Megs visiting you, I can't understand why you two don't visit each other at least once a month since you live only 4,5 hours apart. I know a few lexlings who'd make better usage of this short distance. :D If I were to visit Ninna, I'd need to be in a train for about 6 hours and in a boat for another 6 hours, and she's the closest to me. I do feel the pull to visit the beautiful Åland again this summer anyways... :)

*sends positive vibes to Chiara's way as well* I'm sorry about your troubles. Must be scary. It is true that there are many dangerous conditions one can get while preggo, but often even the most scariest symptoms will be explained with a simple little thing that may just tur out to be an inconvinience. If I were you, I'd try to get a more thurough testing until I got proper answers and a peace of mind. It's just silly how doctors and nurses always try to hush the pregnant women and look at them like they're nuts and imagining their symptoms but I do get that they're also trying to calm the women down. Stress is bad for pregnancy.. I really do hope things turn out better for you.

Here it's the eve before may 1st known as "vappuaatto". This is the day/night that Finns like to celebrate the beginning of summer. Well, if today's weather is any indication of what the summer is gonna be like, I'm f'ing immigrating to Italy. Cold and cloydy. Past three Vappus have been the same way and so the past three summers have been pretty low on the count of sunny days; just rain, rain, rain... I do like the smell of summer rain, but it gets pretty depressing in a long run. First we're in darkness and gloom all winter and then the sun is up 24/7 for couple of months but blocked by that nasty white blanket. Where the f is Clark Kent and his strong lungs when we need them...

I was gonna have my friend's family over but I guess she isn't coming until tomorrow. Plenty of time for me to clean today then. :roll: washed the windows even. Gonna go make some more ham-croissants and choco-croissants now. They seem like good party food and it would be a lil party. And cook grilled food. just sausages and fries today, more meat tomorrow. well, grilled in our oven that is. :lol: it does have a pretty good grilling feature so we never got around to get an actual grill outside. we don't even have proper teracce to put it on. Leaves me plenty of room to dream of all the different kind of gardens I'd like to have. I'll probably never get them, unless I get rich and can afford to pay someone else to do the work, because I suck at gardening and hubs is always too tired to work on our property. But a girl can dream :D I'm pretty good at dreaming. lol.

OK, I'll stop now. This must seem a weird mix of good mood, angst and wandering thoughts but that's how I always feel on a weather like this. I do feel kinda hopeful/excited over having my friend over. :D There's still room for some lexlings too. ;) Anyone wanna come? Someone who likes this kind of gloomy/rainy weather? ;) Nah, who am I kidding. Paula's not gonna see this on her grancation. But Honey...? :P Anyone? :lol:

Take care!
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

Since I do believe in the power of the lexlings in sending real good positive vibes, can I ask one from y'all too? Pretty please. I'm having a not-so-good-moments right now and it concerns some personal issues here so I'm really really asking y'all (if it is not too much though) to please send me positive thoughts, prayers and all kinds. And seriously I'm getting disappointed to myself already.

Thanks my lexlings..I know I can count y'all. And hey Maria thanks for asking when I posted that on my Twitter I'm desperately in need of someone to talk to last night. Then I remember no one will too cos it's Saturday night and all of my friends have lives too. But yeah I'm getting good too. I'm drinking ginger drink to get back my voice back to normal.

Thanks again everyone! I'm home right now and no work tomorrow since it's Labor Day.

*hugs y'all*
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings