Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by cullengirl »

Openhome: I can't help but laugh whenever I see Jaz. It's like my mind has a neon flash that says, "Stoned Edward Scisshorhands" ahead whenever he appears. He creeped me out in TW, but thought he was ok in NM. I'm just glad that they fixed the makeup for all of the vamps. I hated seeing two tones on their face and then on their neck in TW.

Anyone else thinking "where did his abs go?" when they saw Taylor? Come on, I can't be the only one! ;)
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

Openhome wrote:I know they are masters of hair products by now, but I just don't see them as changing this much.

Hahahahaha.

Ok, so I know I'm supposed to be telling everyone off for oneline posts, not writing them, but this really gave me the giggles. You really do have to wonder...are they getting such dire feedback with every movie that they feel they just have to readjust the actors' "look" time and again?
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Sounds like I'm going to need to do research on the midnight showings in my area. They were not highly publicized and I had to hunt for a theatre.
I'm not sure why movies feel the need to change portions unnecessarily.
December, you keep us in line, girl!
I did a Twilight presentation at a conference and it went well. My biggest surprise - more Team Jacob fans in the audience than Team Edward. Anyone noticing a shift from E to J in the general population?
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Yes and I think it has to do with the fact that Jacob's chest is far more appealing than Edward's. Think it is the tan???

I will not see the midnight showing, didn't see the previous and, with an infant now, certainly won't this time. However, I have plans to see it the next day with my Bookbuddy.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

LadyDi wrote:My biggest surprise - more Team Jacob fans in the audience than Team Edward. Anyone noticing a shift from E to J in the general population?
For the books, I'm Team Edward all the way. Always been and will always be. For the movies, I'm Team Jacob. I don't think the movies portray Edward- both in appearence and in personality-in how I interpret him to be. It's interesting that I can completely see Edward's flaws much more clearly in the movies than in the book.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

Cullengirl wrote:It's interesting that I can completely see Edward's flaws much more clearly in the movies than in the book.

Very. Though you were never as blind to them as some of us, were you? (*grin*)

I suspect that they're brought out in the film because RP is so alive to them himself. I've often got the feeling from things he's said about the role that it was Edward's self-dislike that he really identified with, in the first instance. So it would figure, if that sense of a not-so-great person kind of seeped out into his interpretation....
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

And don't forget, Jacob's eyes at the end of New Moon about ripped all our hearts out. Right now, we see Jacob as the unwanted hero. At the end on New Moon, I was still angry at Edward. It wasn't until later in Eclipse that I felt that he really had suffered enough to deserve Bella. However, Jacob is the tragic hero throughout - and he's a cute dog at that! I'm actually glad that Jacob is coming across as such a great guy because I think that this was the way SM meant him to be seen.
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Great points December, OpenHouse, and CullenGirl!
I agree, that the choice between E & J (even though in the end the choice was almost destined) is supposed to be hard fo Bella to make, and I'm glad that Jake is no longer seen negatively.
Is there too much of a merge in the public psyche between Robert Pattison and Edward, as well as Taylor Lautner and Jacob? Could that be another reason for this shift? Will rock-hard abs trumpt hip dents all the time? ;>
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

LadyDi wrote:Great points December, OpenHouse, and CullenGirl!
I agree, that the choice between E & J (even though in the end the choice was almost destined) is supposed to be hard fo Bella to make, and I'm glad that Jake is no longer seen negatively.
Is there too much of a merge in the public psyche between Robert Pattison and Edward, as well as Taylor Lautner and Jacob? Could that be another reason for this shift? Will rock-hard abs trumpt hip dents all the time? ;>
Um, yes. :twisted:

Actually, I think you have hit on a very good point, Rob isn't as good a guy as Taylor in many people's eyes, and I think that they are attributing many of his less favorable issues to Edward. Besides, he plays Edward way too broodily. Yes, Eddie had angst, but he didn't come across that emo.
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

December: *Grins* I really miss that thread. You might be right, but I can't say that I find anything that I did like about movie Edward. He's just so self centered and selfish.
Openhome wrote:And don't forget, Jacob's eyes at the end of New Moon about ripped all our hearts out. Right now, we see Jacob as the unwanted hero. At the end on New Moon, I was still angry at Edward.

As for the NM movie, yes I completely agree. When Bella ditches him at the end, I was absolutely crushed. After all that time, they spent together and then be dropped as a soggy towel for your loser ex-boyfriend? Come on! I was not happy that the screenplay took out virtually all the dialog between Edward and Bella after their return from Volterra. Edward doesn't give his reason for being a jerk and there's no epiphany whatsoever for him like the book. It was just, "Oh well, I made a mistake and traveled across the globe. Sorry, you had to put your life in jeopardy. Are we ok now?"

I always saw Jacob as the unwanted hero who deserved much more than what he is given. I still do. I was really upset to find out that he imprinted on Nessie because he's still reeled in Bella's world. I knew Jacob would still care for his best friend, but I really, really wanted him to be independent and happy. *Sigh*

LadyDi: I think I might have been the only one who cringed when Razpaz had his shirt off. I turned to my girlfriend and said, "I SO wish he put his shirt on."