Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Aro

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

haymoni wrote:It is interesting to think about the various fictional vampires and hunters mixing things up. Gary Oldman still freaks me out as Dracula. Talk about creeptacular.

In regards to Aro & Alice, I wonder if it is more that her human life doesn't interest him - he is so obsessed with her immortal talent; he can't be distracted by something as trivial as human memories.

However, if Aro had seen something from her human past and it was terrible, I think that Edward, having seen it pass through his thoughts, would have been too gentlemanly to tell Alice about it.
Maybe Edward knows about Alice's past because of that then and has never thought to tell her? Aro wants Alice because her gift is strong, but being alive so long surely hes seen other prophets like Alice?
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Edwards Ragazza wrote:Well from what I can remember I thought Aro can read all your thoughts and if Alice can't remember then she doesn't think of it so Aro can't read them. That is they way I understood it.
Well, she could have memories that are so far in the back of her mind, she cant remember. I think that it's possible that way.
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

SwanCullen wrote:
Edwards Ragazza wrote:Well from what I can remember I thought Aro can read all your thoughts and if Alice can't remember then she doesn't think of it so Aro can't read them. That is they way I understood it.
Well, she could have memories that are so far in the back of her mind, she cant remember. I think that it's possible that way.
That makes alot of sense, but surely, he would have heard her thinking of somethinng- even in passing- to save Bella and Edward?
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
VolturisConcubine
Settled in Forks

Post by VolturisConcubine »

It would feel a little perverse, someone seeing everything you had ever thought, don't you think?
What about all your personal thoughts, D:
I wouldn't like it, but then again. If you really want to join the Volturi...

He has to touch you anyway ;)
Haha!! :blush:
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

One of my favorite stories from the guide is the one that describes where Aro sends a profusely bleeding body to Carlisle while he's in the library... just to see what Carlisle would do! I adore how sick and twisted Aro is all in the name of exploration and discovery.
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Alphie wrote:One of my favorite stories from the guide is the one that describes where Aro sends a profusely bleeding body to Carlisle while he's in the library... just to see what Carlisle would do! I adore how sick and twisted Aro is all in the name of exploration and discovery.
That right there is one reason I am SO excited to read the guide! Despite how creeptacular Aro is, to get more info on him is going to be fantastic!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

SwanCullen wrote:
Alphie wrote:One of my favorite stories from the guide is the one that describes where Aro sends a profusely bleeding body to Carlisle while he's in the library... just to see what Carlisle would do! I adore how sick and twisted Aro is all in the name of exploration and discovery.
That right there is one reason I am SO excited to read the guide! Despite how creeptacular Aro is, to get more info on him is going to be fantastic!
Gosh I adore Aro, I just don't see him as sick or twisted.. more curious...to a vampire a human is nothing more than food, maybe like a cat plays with a mouse before eating, so I'm not seeing that fact as twisted but as an experiment... (I haven't read the Guide yet, so I might be completely wrong but that's really how I hope Aro would think... just curious)
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

This story fascinated me as well. Aro always struck me as an extreme version of Carlisle... Carlisle without the compassion and the need to protect humans. He really just wanted to answer his question; how far could he push Carlisle and would he break? For him, it was no different than a human dissecting a frog in biology class to learn about anatomy.

The true revelation to me was Aro's ambition. We saw it, were told about it. But, seeing the depths to which he went to obtain Heidi (and all of it's consequences), the lengths to which he went to keep Marcus. It was truly revelatory to me. I wonder if ambition is his superpower?
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

One fascinating tidbit about Aro was that he had completely underestimated Marcus’s reaction after Aro had killed Didyme. Aro had always been about acquisition and power, and the thought never occurred to him how he would feel if his own wife died. Caius got a little freaked out too over how Marcus took the death of wife, which is why the surviving wives never leave the tower. This is just fascinating, especially when we already knew that Edward had immediately understood that his own existence was tied to Bella, and he knew that when she passed on that he would follow. It was an evident truth from the very beginning to Edward, but it took Aro centuries to figure that out.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

corona wrote:One fascinating tidbit about Aro was that he had completely underestimated Marcus’s reaction after Aro had killed Didyme. Aro had always been about acquisition and power, and the thought never occurred to him how he would feel if his own wife died. Caius got a little freaked out too over how Marcus took the death of wife, which is why the surviving wives never leave the tower. This is just fascinating, especially when we already knew that Edward had immediately understood that his own existence was tied to Bella, and he knew that when she passed on that he would follow. It was an evident truth from the very beginning to Edward, but it took Aro centuries to figure that out.
More than that, I don't think he honestly ever truly did figure it out. I mean, I think he understood it academically, as a matter of process. But, I don't think that Aro ever really truly understood the depth of the impact it could have. That honestly shocked me. His reaction to Edward's request, his reaction to Marcus' continued grieving and his refusal to let Corin ease the pain... it's just a complete demonstration of Aro's inability to empathize or to comprehend the true nature of emotional connections. Which, of course, essentially let to his downfall.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS