What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Re: What are you reading?

Post by cullengirl »

I finished Incarceron by Catherine Fisher and really enjoyed it. I think if you really liked the action and mystery of The Hunger Games series, you'll love this book.

I'm currently reading: The BFG by Roald Dahl - a children's classic that I some how skipped.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Just finished Archangel's Kiss by Nalini Singh (the second in her Guild Hunter series) It's very adult, but I loved it! I've always loved her Psy/Changeling series, so I glad to see that her other series was just as good :)

Thank you Naureen!!
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

una wrote:I started Burned and just couldn't get into it, so it is on hold for the moment. [/i].
I thought this series was fun till I got to the third book and was finding myself wondering how many more guys are we going to introduce to Zoey. Can't she pick one already. Plus I felt the author is changing Eric's personality. I waiting for Tempted to be available at my library before I continue. I also agree with your previous comment a series I won't be re-reading but then again I have never wanted to re-read a book until Twilight Series.
Banner by TammyAZ
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

I just finished "Buckingham Palace Gardens" by Anne Perry.
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Gone by Lisa McMann

Spells by Aprilynne Pike

Thank you Naureen!!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Everlost by Neal Shusterman
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

1. Carjacked by Catherine Lutz and Anne Lutz Fernandez. This is an examination of all the different aspects of America's "car culture," and of all the known and unknown costs of our dependence on automobiles. I'm just about through with this one; it's very good.

2. Coal River, by Michael Shnayerson. This is an account of how a small group of people from a poor community in West Virginia took on what is known in that part of the country as King Coal, in an attempt to curb the environmental damage caused by mountaintop mining.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Ok this week has been intense. I've read:

Orphan of the Sun it's about this girl with profetic dreams in ancient Egypt. It's pretty good

The Shamer's Daughter not as interesting as I thought it would be, but there are knights, lord's, dragons, and witches involved

City of Cannibals it's about King Henry VIII

Blaze of Silver: Book Three of the De Granville Trilogy it takes place between the years 1130 and 1148. It's about two brothers the girl they both love a blood red horse (also the title of the first book) the crusades, a Saracen dissident, King Richard the Lionheart and several other notables and is all around excellent

Reread:
Trickster's ChoiceTamora Pierce's first heroine Alanna's daughter is grown up and striking out in the world on her own. Too bad it involves being kidnapped by pirates, sold as a slave to an enemy country, and being press-ganged into the service of a trickster god.

Trickster's Queen Aly has been freed and is now inciting rebellion in the country in which she was formerly a slave. Unfortunately the queen she was backing decided to elope. At least her younger sister is a bit more sensible. Life is not easy for a servant of the Trickster

And an in the process of reading:
Radiant Shadows the fourth book continuing Melissa Marr's story began in Wicked Lovely I'm not even halfway in yet but as always it is AMAZING!!
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

I just finished Spells (Wings #2) by Aprilynne Pike and it was very good! I enjoyed it just as much as the first and highly recommend it. I'm completely Team Tamani. :)

I also recently read The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting and loved it. It had a very good mix of mystery and romance, along with a supernatural feel -- I would also recommend this one.

I'm on to read The Dark Divine by Bree Despain next.

cullengirl: Thanks for the recommendation for Incarceron by Catherine Fisher, it looks really intriguing, and I am a huge Hunger Games fan. :)
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

burned by pc cast
burned by ellen hopkins
spirit bound by richelle mead
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~