Teen Thread 6 -- Ages 13-19 [Tweens are welcome]

roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Re: Teen Thread -- Ages 13-19 [Tweens are welcome]

Post by roo-roo91 »

Well glad to hear everyone's doing well.
I think i heard most of the stuff, Jiu Justu huh?
What form of martial arts is that? Oh and good to hear about you wanting to play guitar Shai, I myself prefer the piano.
And i heard a few other things, but it's way too gloomy for me to say much.
It's raining down pretty hard, so i am getting drowsy, as i usually do..
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

The girlie-wolf wrote:Mish~ Ohhhhhh~ We have a kind of a GEE. But it's every year for the second, 5th and 8th grade only. I had 4 tests like these this month. I got 99 in English (cuz I'm an English speaker) and 90 in the Science one *grins like the chashier cat*
I want flu break too!!!!!!! It was because of the swine flu?
That's good that you live close... there are people from another state?
That's nice to know that I'm not over flowing with Q's.. But watch out... even Edward in his first day of questioning Bella didn't ask so many Qs :D
Ohhh I hate those (sorry)... They are really annoying. Everything is too small. I prefer the kind of the one you had before.
When do you start the Shakespeare class?
Wow... you can't get how much I suck in Stagecraft... I start giggling out of nowhere and I suck in Algebra too...
Which classes can you choose and how many? You can choose whatever you want? cuz if you can.. learn Chinese!!!! (my best friend learns chinese and it's super cool)
I'm glad you have such an amazing teacher.. my math teacher sucks or is it because I'm bored... :lol:
Yeah, we have different tests for different grades...we have a LEAP test for 4th and 8th, and all the other grades have something else. Whoa, I'm terrible at science...we just got our scores back for the GEE. High school juniors take science and social studies, and I got Mastery in both, because I'm not really too good at either... the scale goes like unsatisfactory, satisfactory, average, mastery, advanced. I did better in math and english last year, but I didn't even look closely at this year's scores. I just made sure I passed. :lol:
It wasn't the swine flu...it was just that there were so many...20 or 30 something people were sent home before we closed.
I think we only have 2 people from other states, and one just graduated...technically, everyone is supposed to live in Louisiana...
Yeah, the buttons are kind of small, but I don't mind. I like it a lot more. :D
I'll have that class second semester of next year, I think...so, January? Meh, I'm not sure.
We have two lists of required classes to take--one to graduate from the school, and one to qualify for a scholarship/grant thing available for public universities in Louisiana. Once we have those filled, we have a certain number of electives we have to take, and they can be whatever we want/is available...My school doesn't offer Chinese at the moment... We had Japanese this past year, but that teacher is leaving. I take French as my foreign language, though. :D
Maybe it's both! Haha, my best and worst teachers have all been math teachers. :lol:
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

Packing for the weekend :D

Sam~ No... Of course we have kindergarden.... But I thought you would laugh cuz I take it so seriously that I lived in Boston like I lived there 10 years =D
The next time I'll be there is two years from now when I'll live there... I'm going to Spain and Portugal this year :D
I have no idea... I don't no really how he writes his name... but I know that this is his name :lol: It's a nice name- but for a girl =]
I didn't like him too much too but he is cute and I loved his preformance in the finals last season (Heartless-Kanya West)
Got it :D
Ohh... I'm happy you don't know about it and that you don't talk about it at school or whatever... It's something super super super stupid that our govermanet did and now the whole world hates us... yay us :\

Mish~ I hate these tests... It's another thing to study for. I rock in science! I love this subject :D I think it's in my veins... my father and grandfather are scinetists =P
So you took the course that's pretty hard, right? just one level below :D We have three levels right now- Dialog (I have no idea how to right it-דיאלוגי), Thourgh (I have no idea how to right it too-עיוני) and "detective" (I dunno-מחקרי)... I'm in "detective"... Wow!!! It sounds SO stupid in English...
Cool! I still want one :D
It sucks to live in a boarding school in another state... which is pretty big as well... bigger than Isreal, that's for sure. We are a little bit bigger than Rod Island =D
I'm glad you enjoy your cell :D
You write what you want 2 semsters ahead? What is the lentgh of one semster? We have only 2... half a year each.
I dunno but I've never really liked French... how it sounds and all. Which foreign languages you can pick?
Cuz math can be "exciting" and it can be so boring... it depends on the teacher...

Vildy~ I have to go so I'll answer you when I get back :D
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
nightrunner
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by nightrunner »

sam: well i have the joys of sitting 4 exams over the 2 years per subject and thats the norm for most stuff, and intense doesnt sound too bad, merely interesting :lol:

shai: i understand you not liking french, i hated the 3 years i had to do it
ImageImage
Alexa | Im on The List : Lexus | banner from narnia
Mafia Valentina Ricci
Team Esme | Bri and The Brits
i am bella
Often Mistaken for a Bear
Location: wherever it's raining .::. #9 .::. woiloping with sarah

Post by i am bella »

@Shai: Nooo. I wouldn't laughhh. You have to take Mass seriously. ;)
Oo, have fun in Spain and Portugal! Are you going to college in Boston? Or is your whole family moving back?
Yeah, my sister's name is Casey. I like it KC for a boy more.
Maybe I'll have to check that performance out. I really like that song.
I'm sorry that you feel that way about whatever happened. =/

@Alexa: Only four exams for two years?! Evillll!
But yes, I agree, it's very interesting. =P

~*Chrome*~
ImageImage
~sam~piercing/tattoo expert~sarah=twinny~im on the listv2!~
nightrunner
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by nightrunner »

thats per subject sam :p so i sat 3 in jan and im sitting another 7 at the moment and will repeat it all next year

and my lord ive just got changed for bed and seen how bad my sun burn is :o
ImageImage
Mafia Valentina Ricci
i am bella

Post by i am bella »

That's still nothing compared to us. We have tests like every few weeks! It sucksss!
Aww, poor sunburnt Alexa. = (

~*Chrome*~
ImageImage
nightrunner
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by nightrunner »

well those are the ones which count for anything, did you know that kids who grow up in the uk are the most tested in europe? i dont know what the stats are which would compare us to the US mind but i wdnt be surprised if it was similar

tomorrow ill have to factor 30 it lol and i really should be asleep by now....
ImageImage
Mafia Valentina Ricci
i am bella

Post by i am bella »

Ohhh, so they're like your midterms and finals?? We have those, but in most classes, the final is the only wicked big test. Some teachers give midterms, but not many. All tests combined excluding finals count for like 30% of the term grade usually.
That's pretty good that you're most tested. I'll have to see if I can find something that compares us to yall....
Factor 30? What??

~*Chrome*~
ImageImage
nightrunner
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by nightrunner »

yer i think that would probs be the best comparison, and then some subjects have coursework which counts as part of your grade which can be anything between 20-60% normally which is either tests like you have or portfolio/written work

as in the suncream factor :P
ImageImage
Mafia Valentina Ricci