Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Re: Edward Cullen #6

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I am posting here and another thread in hopes it gets a response. I am currently re-reading Eclipse and referencing page 448 and my question is:

What do you think Edward wanted to give Bella when he said this to her? "This is unbearable. So many things I wanted to give you - and this is what you decide to demand".
Banner by TammyAZ
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

Edwards Ragazza wrote:I am posting here and another thread in hopes it gets a response. I am currently re-reading Eclipse and referencing page 448 and my question is:

What do you think Edward wanted to give Bella when he said this to her? "This is unbearable. So many things I wanted to give you - and this is what you decide to demand".
Material things, and i suppose he wants to give her immortality. He did say that he wanted to gove her immortality, i forget when. But he believed that he was selfish for wanting this, wanting her to give up her human life for him. But it was probably the material things, such as the car, maybe college, money, protection and everything. Thats what i thought anyway ER.
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Edwards Ragazza wrote:I am posting here and another thread in hopes it gets a response. I am currently re-reading Eclipse and referencing page 448 and my question is:

Desiree~ I am inclined to agree with TTF, sort of. He literally wants to give her the world. To Edward, money and material posessions mean next to nothing. But, in giving her those things he gives her an easier life, he gives her pleasure, makes her happy. He knows that nothing makes her happier than loving him. But, he wants to give her her every desire. That he is what she desires most I don't think he ever truly wraps his head around.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Great question! I am more inclined that he wanted to give her his undying affection, a life that is made easy because he can give her all the material things she could desire along with a man who would worship and adore her. He would give her the moon and the stars... He would also keep her safe from harm. A life where she could never want for anything, be cared for instead of caring for others, be worried about rather than worrying for others; a simple but pleasurable life.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Like the others, I think some of it is the material things. Bella wouldn't want them, but he knew that by doing so, it would make her life a bit easier. I also think he wanted to help Charlie as well.
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Seeker-Mar
Wandering Through Town

Post by Seeker-Mar »

una wrote:Great question! I am more inclined that he wanted to give her his undying affection, a life that is made easy because he can give her all the material things she could desire along with a man who would worship and adore her. He would give her the moon and the stars... He would also keep her safe from harm. A life where she could never want for anything, be cared for instead of caring for others, be worried about rather than worrying for others; a simple but pleasurable life.
I never really thought too much about this before but I think you are really close to the right answer.
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure and full of quiet gentleness. Then it is peace-loving and courteous. It allows discussion and is willing to yield to others; it is full of mercy and good deeds. James 3:17
Seeker-Mar
Wandering Through Town

Post by Seeker-Mar »

I have a new Edward question, and I'm sorry if it's been discussed before. Does anyone think that Edward was close to losing his mind in Breaking Dawn? I know Jacob wondered it in the book but when I was reading the scene of Edward groveling in the dirt in front of Jacob I thought, "She's driving him insane."

Don't get me wrong, I really love Bella in BD but I really feel Edward was on an edge. I personally think it started in Eclipse when he realized the pain he had caused her in NM and also the night he watched her cry in anguish over another man.

If Bella and Renessme had died do you think he would have lost his mind? What would an insane Edward look like? Would he really ask Jacob to kill him? Would Edward go to the Volturi instead because of the implications for Jacob's soul if he did murder Edward out of vengence? Or would Edward be in so much anguish that he didn't care. Or is it possible that Edward would make himself live on, especially if the baby lived and Bella didn't?
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure and full of quiet gentleness. Then it is peace-loving and courteous. It allows discussion and is willing to yield to others; it is full of mercy and good deeds. James 3:17
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

Seeker-Mar wrote:I have a new Edward question, and I'm sorry if it's been discussed before. Does anyone think that Edward was close to losing his mind in Breaking Dawn? I know Jacob wondered it in the book but when I was reading the scene of Edward groveling in the dirt in front of Jacob I thought, "She's driving him insane."

Don't get me wrong, I really love Bella in BD but I really feel Edward was on an edge. I personally think it started in Eclipse when he realized the pain he had caused her in NM and also the night he watched her cry in anguish over another man.

If Bella and Renessme had died do you think he would have lost his mind? What would an insane Edward look like? Would he really ask Jacob to kill him? Would Edward go to the Volturi instead because of the implications for Jacob's soul if he did murder Edward out of vengence? Or would Edward be in so much anguish that he didn't care. Or is it possible that Edward would make himself live on, especially if the baby lived and Bella didn't?
Edward was as close to the edge without actually falling off and yes he was losing it. When I think how close he came to almost killing Rosalee. Just like in New Moon he already had a plan that he hoped that Jacob would fulfill if Bella died. Though I'm not sure if Jacob could have gone through with it. Then again Jacob was going to kill the baby before he became bonded to her. I don't think he would have been able to make it to the Volturi, Alice would be watching him. He knew this so that's why he asked Jacob.
If Edward had lived on it wouldn't have been by his own doing, that I'm sure of. He would have been like Marcus, a shell of his former self.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

Seeker-Mar wrote:I have a new Edward question, and I'm sorry if it's been discussed before. Does anyone think that Edward was close to losing his mind in Breaking Dawn? I know Jacob wondered it in the book but when I was reading the scene of Edward groveling in the dirt in front of Jacob I thought, "She's driving him insane."

I think that in BD if both Bella and Renesmee had died, then Edward would seek to destroy himself. He was already on a knife edge, and I am quite sure that he would have asked Jacob, anyone, to rip him apart and burn him. But if Renesmee had lived, and he had seen her, I think that he would have carried on for her. Im not sure that Edward would take his life leaving his daughter behind. I think that Rosalie didn't help, because she was doing the sorts of things that Edward felt he should be doing for Bella- but Rose was so protective of Bella it was not possible.
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Seeker-Mar
Wandering Through Town

Post by Seeker-Mar »

Kachiti wrote:If Edward had lived on it wouldn't have been by his own doing, that I'm sure of. He would have been like Marcus, a shell of his former self.
I think if Bella and the baby had died he would have wanted to too. I agree with the point you make about him being like Marcus too. So glad they didn't.
Total Twilight Fan wrote:I think that in BD if both Bella and Renesmee had died, then Edward would seek to destroy himself. He was already on a knife edge, and I am quite sure that he would have asked Jacob, anyone, to rip him apart and burn him. But if Renesmee had lived, and he had seen her, I think that he would have carried on for her. Im not sure that Edward would take his life leaving his daughter behind. I think that Rosalie didn't help, because she was doing the sorts of things that Edward felt he should be doing for Bella- but Rose was so protective of Bella it was not possible.
That is a really interesting point about Rose. But was Edward to be trusted around her enough to do the things she needed in Rose's place?

I tend to think he would have lived on for the baby too. He would have been less of himself but I think he was strong enough to do it. Here's another what if...If Bella died but Renesmee lived would Edward have the same reaction to Jacob imprinting on her? I think he would want (but wouldn't) to rip Jacob to shreads. Since Jacob doesn't seem to even care about Bella after the imprinting (my opinion). If jacob hadn't imprinted them I wonder if Bella's death would have bonded Jacob and Edward in their grief?