What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: What are you reading?

Post by Jestak »

cullengirl wrote:
AlectoCullen wrote:Just started The Collector by John Fowles, it's considered the first psychological thriller ever.
That book creeped me out while I was reading it and afterwards. I think there's a movie too, but I'm not sure. Are you reading it for school?
There is indeed a movie; I watched it back around the start of the year. It starred Terence Stamp and Samantha Eggar, and I found it quite chilling.

I am currently reading 13 Bankers, by Simon Johnson and James Kwak, yet another very good book on the economic/financial crisis. Johnson is a pretty high-powered economist--ex-IMF, prof at MIT--and this book is predictably strong on the big picture econ analysis. It's especially good on what I'd call the political economy of the crisis: how the political clout of the US financial sector helped set the stage for what happened. Johnson and Kwak also have a really good blog called Baseline Scenario, which is must reading for analysis of economic and financial news.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

I just finished my fifth read through of New Moon while at the beach. I am now reading Eclipse to get ready for the movie premier! In addition to Eclipse, I am addicted to several fanfics right now. Emancipation Proclomation, University of Edward Masen, and The Misapprehension of Bella Swan...to name only a few! :D
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Jestak wrote:
cullengirl wrote:
AlectoCullen wrote:Just started The Collector by John Fowles, it's considered the first psychological thriller ever.
That book creeped me out while I was reading it and afterwards. I think there's a movie too, but I'm not sure. Are you reading it for school?
There is indeed a movie; I watched it back around the start of the year. It starred Terence Stamp and Samantha Eggar, and I found it quite chilling.
I saw the Collector at Blockbuster hmmmm I may have to add this book to my library queue.
Banner by TammyAZ
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

Living Dead in Dallas. Number 2 of the Sookie books. And I want to get back to the Stephanie Plum books very soon! I've read the first nine! :)
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

The Prize - Brenda Joyce
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
smiling_ina
Settled in Forks

Post by smiling_ina »

I'm currently reading the 5th book in the House of Night series, as well as the 3rd book in the Vampire Academy series.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I finished:

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradly: a cute, old fashion mystery.

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles: didn't like it at all. I thought it was full of cliches and stereotypes.

Now reading: Indiscretion by Jude Morgan
Last edited by cullengirl on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

While I'm waiting for Amazon to get me my Bree book...
The Red Tent by Anita Diamant: absolutely fabulous telling of the story of Dinah and a wonderful look into the lives of women in the ancient world.
City of Bones, finally. I had to steal it back again. Very fast paced and fun, but also beautifully detailed as it lays out the story of the unseen world.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. What else??
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Me too. Reading Short Second Life of Bree Tanner...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~