What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
clpviolet
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: What are you reading?

Post by clpviolet »

I took a little break from reading for a while but once I got back on track I finished: The Tenth Circle By Jody Picoult. I thought it was really good as usual she put me through a rollercoaster of a story with plenty of twists and turns and then one final shocking twist at the end.
Then I started reading The Bourne Identity. My hubby told me it was totally different from the movies cause he read the triligy ages ago, so I tried not to use the movie as a guideline cause if I did it was too confusing. All that military, political and financial talk is confusing enough without comparing it to a totally different movie version anyway.
Now I am reading The Bourne Supremecy. Again I need to forget about the movie cause its just too different and too confusing if I try.
"You put your arms around me and I'm home" Christina Perri - Arms
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Since I finished Bree's book in one day I am now reading Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. I am loving it so far and I am only on page 23.
Banner by TammyAZ
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

Edwards Ragazza wrote:Since I finished Bree's book in one day.
Me too! I just finished reading it and it was AMAZING and sad... :cry:
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

Finished The Dark Divine by Bree Despain and I really liked it. Looks like the second book in the series comes out in December! Sweet! :D

I also read I am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson, a really short, uplifting read about a successful news anchor/reporter who decided to give up her career to stay home and be a mom. It was a sweet story, just what I needed to keep me sane (I have 3 kids, 4th one coming next month!)

Oh, almost forgot (duh, pregnant brain) -- just barely finished the Eclipse Novella The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by our very own Stephenie Meyer and I loved it. I read it online (legally :) ) at http://www.breetanner.com. I'm going to have to buy it now, it needs to be included in my SM library. It got me excited to go back and re-read Eclipse before the movie comes out. :D
clpviolet
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by clpviolet »

I just breezed through The Short Second life of Bree Tanner :oops: (not even one day maybe four hours) :lol: . I wasn't planning on going there yet cause I haven't even finished the Bourne Supremecy and/or even gotten to the Bourne Ultimatum which I was planning on getting to as soon I finished the second book. I guess I was more twilight deprived than I realized cause up to a certain point I was like totally devouring it page by page :lol: :roll: ....kinda like I did with "the book that shall not be named". :oops:
********SPOILER ALERT*******

I was totally like jumping around at all the "mystery and danger" and lies that Riley told them all the time and then there was the Volturi. Seeing their role in this till the end probably propelled me to the end.
Maybe once I finish the Bourne books I'll reread twilight. We'll see.
"You put your arms around me and I'm home" Christina Perri - Arms
angelus128
Settled in Forks

Post by angelus128 »

Currently I'm treading through Maria V. Snyder's Spy Glass, and hopefully afterwords I'll begin reading "Beautiful Darkness." For the uninformed, Beautiful Darkness happens to be a sequel to "Beautiful Creatures." Book Blogging has it's perks, everything I read cannot be found on bookstore bookshelves.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Just finished Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon. It was great! If anyone has read the Dark Hunters' novels, I definitely recommend this book. It's definitely younger than the previous DH novels, but it has many of the usual characters and seeing it all from Nick's young perspective was pretty cool. You learn a lot more about Nick and his "powers."

Thank you Naureen!!
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Just finished Shiver and now reading The Sweet Far Thing by LIbba Bray.
Banner by TammyAZ
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Just finised Stargazer, the second book in Claudia Gray's Evernight series. Now I'm reading the third...Hourglass

Thank you Naureen!!
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

clpviolet wrote:Then I started reading The Bourne Identity. My hubby told me it was totally different from the movies cause he read the triligy ages ago, so I tried not to use the movie as a guideline cause if I did it was too confusing. All that military, political and financial talk is confusing enough without comparing it to a totally different movie version anyway.
Now I am reading The Bourne Supremecy. Again I need to forget about the movie cause its just too different and too confusing if I try.
Yep, when they made the "Bourne" movies, the creators decided (wisely, I think) to jettison all but a handful of elements from Robert Ludlum's novels. Ludlum's plots are usually so intricate that they'd be difficult to film with any degree of fidelity to the source.

My current reading includes:

1) Driftnet, by Lin Anderson. Anderson is one of several authors in the genre, or subgenre, that's becoming known as Tartan Noir. I really like several other authors in the genre, such as Ian Rankin and Val McDermid, so I thought I'd give Anderson's first novel in a series about forensic scientist Rhona MacLeod a try. It's pretty good so far.

2) Vodoo Histories, by David Aaronovitch. I've just finished this one, which is about the impact of conspiracy theories (e.g., about Pearl Harbor, the JFK assassination, etc.) and how they have wormed their way into how many people think about modern history. Very good.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing