What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Re: What are you reading?

Post by cullengirl »

I recently finished the following books:

The Age of Bronze Vol 1: A Thousand Ships by Eric Shanower- the first volume of a graphic novel series based on the Trojan War. It was excellent and I highly recommend to Greek Mythology fans.

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner- I thought it was ok.

Nic Bishops' Frogs- a great nonfiction picture book for kids about well..frogs.

I'm currently reading: Changeless by Gail Carriger.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
madness_falls
Wandering Through Town

Post by madness_falls »

I'm reading The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner ( I love it so far, though I'm mad at Bree and Diego for not leaving and living happily ever after.)

I'm also rereading Twilight and The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
Nikki--
Settled in Forks

Post by Nikki-- »

I just finished 'Twilight' and now I'm re-reading 'Eclipse'. I'll probably regret it while watching the movie, but I couldn't resist! I'm also reading 'Youth in revolt' by C. D. Payne.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I finished Where Serpents Sleep and really enjoyed it! I cannot wait to read the next one...there MUST be consequences to a few choices that were made...

Now I am reading Heart of Darkness which is a collection of three short stories by Maggie Shayne, Gena Showalter and Susan Kinard.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

Hey everyone. It's been forever since I've been on the Lex! I died for a while there. Haha. I sometimes came on here, but I don't know how many people will remember me.

I just read Pretty Little Liars, which was really good. I'm kinda P.O.ed at the show though. That may just be me. *shrugs* I keep finding out major spoilers, and I'm like No!!!!!!!! Before that I read Beastly, which I loved. And the movie trailer seems to show nothing at all similaur to the book. People keep making a big deal about Vanessa Hudgens being in it, but I don't see why they're making a fuss over her when Mary-Kate Olsen is in it. :shock: I only will see it for Neil Patrick Harris now.

And now I'm reading Beautiful Creatures. I love it, it's so amazing. :)
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Hi guys....listen...I teach for a private school and as we have decided to expand up from an elementary school, I have been given teh task of compiling lists of possible novels for the teachers to read with their classes for 6th grade and up through high school. I've got my lists started and I'm adding to them all the time, but I knew there was no better place to turn than you all! If you have suggestions, can you PM them to me? Either books you remember reading or wish your teacher would have covered? Next to them, list the grade you believe the book to be the most appropriate for. Thank you so much!

Oh, just finished Early to Death, Early to Rise by Kim Harrison

Thank you Naureen!!
Winged Wolf Fang
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Winged Wolf Fang »

The Kane Chronicles: The Red Pyramid
ImageImageImage
Twilight Mafia: Jack Ab. Rizzo, or just Ab
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

I just finished "The summoning" by Kelly Armstorng....
I really recommend it :D
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

fanMNM wrote:Hi guys....listen...I teach for a private school and as we have decided to expand up from an elementary school, I have been given teh task of compiling lists of possible novels for the teachers to read with their classes for 6th grade and up through high school. I've got my lists started and I'm adding to them all the time, but I knew there was no better place to turn than you all! If you have suggestions, can you PM them to me? Either books you remember reading or wish your teacher would have covered? Next to them, list the grade you believe the book to be the most appropriate for. Thank you so much!
Books that I read in school that I loved included

Mara, Daughter of the Nile by Eloise Jarvis McGraw I read it in TAG English 6th grade so I guess for regular classes it would be 8th grade
My freshamn year we read Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card (again it was advanced english so you could push it up to about 2 years) and after reading it I read every othe rbook by him that I could find
Thing Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe was also Freshman English
My Antonia by Willa Cather was on the list of aproved books for my AP English exam, but I read it in fourth grade when I complained to my mom that I had read everything in the house twice and the library was closed (she pulled it out of a box of books she read in high school)
Summer of My German Soldier was my favorite book for most of middle school
we also read Brave New World by Aldous Huxley my freshman year and had a lot of discussions with it.
Lord Of The Flies would be good for 10th or 11th grade (I read it in 9th that was the year with the best books, I think)
In 8th grade we read Dogsong, My Side of the Mountain, and Johnny Tremain.
The Scarlet Letter is what we spent a month on my Junior year but I sped through it and didn't pay much attention to discussions.

My Senior year our teacher ONLY had us read banned books but I'm sure you don't want to get fired so I wont list those.

Hope this helps you get your list started
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I finished Changeless by Gail Carriger and I really enjoyed it! I was half right on my guess on how the novel ends, but there were other parts where my jaw dropped. Right now, I'm craving a Scottish werewolf. :twisted:

I'm going to read Jumped by Rita Williams Garcia next.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!