Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Edward Cullen #6

Post by Jazz Girl »

Seeker~ Don't get me wrong. Edward and Jacob's relationship got a lot easier with his imprinting on Ness and Jacob's assistance with both the newborn and Volturi battles. Edward, I believe, feels a genuine respect for Jacob now. However, had Bella died (even if Ness lived) Edward was not staying alive long after her and things between he and Jacob would be very different.

If Bella died AND Jacob hadn't imprinted, there was no way Jacob was not going to fight Edward. That was pretty much a guarantee. Jacob would blame Edward for Bella's death and Edward would accept that blame readily and fully and would welcome any punishment Jacob felt he deserved. He would not even have faught back. And, in my mind, Jacob would have obliged. He said as much, didn't he? He outright stated that he would be more than happy to kill Edward if Bella died and he wouldn't wait long to do it either.

There has been debate about whether Edward would have wanted to die if Bella had died but Ness had lived. I'm torn on that. A part of me says that Edward woud see in Ness his beautiful Bella and would see Ness as a part of her, would love her and nurture her despite his pain because Bella died to save her. He would love her enough for both of them and when Ness was grown and on her own, then he would follow Bella. But, another part of me doesn't accept that. He knows that Ness will be taken care of by his family. He knows that she will be loved beyond reason, doted on, nurtured and taught everything she needs to know, given everything in the world. And, he knows the yawing, gaping blackhole his life is without Bella. I just don't think he can go back to that. No, he would still seek to die if Bella had.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Seeker-Mar
Wandering Through Town

Post by Seeker-Mar »

Jazz Girl wrote:There has been debate about whether Edward would have wanted to die if Bella had died but Ness had lived. I'm torn on that. A part of me says that Edward woud see in Ness his beautiful Bella and would see Ness as a part of her, would love her and nurture her despite his pain because Bella died to save her. He would love her enough for both of them and when Ness was grown and on her own, then he would follow Bella. But, another part of me doesn't accept that. He knows that Ness will be taken care of by his family. He knows that she will be loved beyond reason, doted on, nurtured and taught everything she needs to know, given everything in the world. And, he knows the yawing, gaping blackhole his life is without Bella. I just don't think he can go back to that. No, he would still seek to die if Bella had.
I tend to think that Edward has so much self control that he might be able to live for Renesmee. Since he started loving her in the womb once he could hear her. I agree with you that his heart would be a black hole. It would pose a strange problem for him. Stay with his immortal child for always or try to die to join his wife.

This topic is making me sad now. I'm glad none of this happened! :lol:
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure and full of quiet gentleness. Then it is peace-loving and courteous. It allows discussion and is willing to yield to others; it is full of mercy and good deeds. James 3:17
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Wishing our wonderful Edward a happy birthday and the happiest of Father's Days. Party like you earned it, love. Gods know you did.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

Happy, happy birthday, Edward!

May you find 109 going on 17 to be your best age yet....

Hope you and Bella have a wonderful day.
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
The Real Edward Cullen
I know what you're thinking. Really.

Post by The Real Edward Cullen »

Thank you Jazz girl!

Who would ever have thought that after more than a hundred birthdays, it could still feel like something to celebrate? Amazing. But then, you all know how I feel about Bella. And Renesmee.

And who would have thought that I'd be celebrating Father's Day? It seems that miracles do happen.
She said yes, and that's all that matters....
The Real Bella Swan Cullen
Happily Ever After

Post by The Real Bella Swan Cullen »

Happy Birthday Edward. You have made me so happy and you deserve the best on your birthday and Father's Day. Renesmee and I have a little something waiting for you at the cottage after the party. Don't you wish you could read my mind? I'm so glad you can't!
Reader, I married him....
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Happy Birthday Edward!

I hope you can enjoy a nice juicy mountain lion :twisted: .
by Laniyeah on photobucket
The Real Edward Cullen
I know what you're thinking. Really.

Post by The Real Edward Cullen »

The Real Bella Cullen wrote:Don't you wish you could read my mind? I'm so glad you can't!

Now that is totally unfair, and you know it!

But actually, sweetheart, I don't mind it when you surprise me. As though you've done anything else since the minute we met! I have my guesses, though. You're getting easier to read all the time. And you know how Nessie is with secrets....

Thank you for the good wishes, bac, December. Bella and I are having an excellent day.
She said yes, and that's all that matters....
The Real Alice Cullen
I've got my eye on you

Post by The Real Alice Cullen »

Of course, I can tell you, Edward....

...But I won't!

Well...unless you feel like helping me with my Porsche. The clutch is making a scary grinding noise, and I've foreseen that if I can't get you or Rosalie to fix it, there's a 50% probability of me having a breakdown tomorrow on the way to Olympia. I did mention that I'm taking Bella shoe-shopping tomorrow, didn't I? I figure you'd probably want to make sure she doesn't have to walk home across the mountains. But as a thank-you for being an awesome brother, I can also tell you a bit about the narwhal that she and Nessie --

Ow! we are definitely buying you shoes with less pointy heels on them, Bella. But ok, if you feel that strongly about surprising Edward, I won't say another word....
Amazing how someone so tiny can be so irritating....
The Real Bella Swan Cullen
Happily Ever After

Post by The Real Bella Swan Cullen »

That's right Alice, you keep quiet.

Edward, you will get your present LATER, after all the festivities.
Reader, I married him....