Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by December »

Jasmine wrote:We might need to read it again to save you guys some work and probs :)

If you guys wouldn't mind taking the time, that would actually be great. We hate having to tell people off -- knowing our do's and don'ts saves everyone unhappiness! You can find our rules and regs in the format of your choice: as separate topics (HERE) or all rolled up in one long compendious post.

I also think we tend to forget we are part of a greater thing, because we are so close in this topic and most dont even stray to other topics :)

I know! It's very hard to keep in mind that the rest of the Lex -- not to mention the whole wide world out there which freely browses this site! -- is also party to the cozy little conversations we have amongst ourselves here.

We do realize that you guys are all adults. The issue here is our younger users. We need rules to make sure they stay safe. And we want to be sure that we're all modelling the kind of internet habits we want them to get into, on the Lex and everywhere else they go. Rather than giving them the idea that risky behaviour is what cool older people do. We really appreciate your understanding and help with this.
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

December wrote:cool older people
I just can't help feeling a silly tingle in my tail when someone calls Gen-Y cool, even if it's when they're telling us off... Yeah, I'm dorky like that.
Well try and do our best to be cool the right way :D

If anyone so much as breathes about Eclipse before it's officially allowed you'll be roasted alive over open dragon-fire. Go to the spoiler-thread on the FB lexily instead.

Chiara, I can't pronounce your name like that, I've been "saying" it with a ch all along... Kiara is a "new" popular girls name up here, I think it even reached top 20 in 2009...
Misty, I don't even get a footnote? Well, I guess that shows me how much I'm worth *snort* well, I'm a not a talking to you a anymore missy! *snortunicornsnort*
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Misty, I don't even get a footnote? Well, I guess that shows me how much I'm worth *snort* well, I'm a not a talking to you a anymore missy! *snortunicornsnort*
Ninna, if you're talking about when I said my favorite mythical creatures were unicorns and fairies and not awesome green dragons, that's cause I was talking about the unreal mythical creatures...you, my dear, are very real and SUPER *hides smile* scary!
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

Hello guys and girls.

Again been absent for a good while so again missing out on everyones news. I suck and I apologise.

Mods: No worries about the telling off. 'Tis true we totally get lost in our own lil world because the core group know each other so well, friends on facebook, twitter, chat on the phone and meet ups so we forget that the Lex is open and subject to rules and regulations. And tis true even though we're sensible enough it makes perfect sense to teach the younger generation proper netiquette and save behaviour.

Rule one from Sarah: Dont use your full name as your username. (That was a total muppet moment on my part having never been a part of an internet forum before)

Full name: Sarah (even though full name is on username lets stick to the rules here people)
Age: 23 in body - as old as I choose to be in spirit depening on the situation :D
Explain your avatar: It's something I truly belive. Even if we cant see it right now - it does. (I didnt create it though - I found it on Photobucket)
Fave non twilight book: Hmm too tough a choice. To name but a few The Time Travellers Wife, 1984, The Harry Potter series, The cat that came in from the cold.
Fave non twilight movie: FYI NONE of the Twilight movies will ever reach my top 1,000,000. maybe 1,000,001 if I run out of options. Anyway I digress. Um would have to say The Labyrinth :)
Tattoos piercings: None at all. Terrified of needles. Dont even have my ears pierced! :D
Hobbies, interests (3): oh um. (I hate this question) My photos and videos of friends and family are pretty important to me as are then cataloguing, printing, editing (videos) and making keepsakes. Not that I always get around to all of that. They always go on Facebook though! Um other than that reading annnnnd generally hanging out with the super cool people I know in my life being random
3 songs that should be played at your funeral: Sid beat me on this one "Always look on the bright side of life" other than that I'm not really sure. There's a ton of songs called Sarah that my egotistical self likes. Not sure which one though. Other than that something else happy and uplifting, maybe a tad random. Suggestions on a postcard please.
Fave perfume/ scent on yourself: After the rain. By a Scottish company called Arran Arromatics. Or Dior's Pure Poison
Fave perfume/ scent on others: Hmm. Depends on the person and what "their" scent is. Janna will always be J'Adore. My mum "Moon and Stars" Codaniel doesnt wear any but I love his combination of shower gel, deodrant and shampoo :D
Attracted to: Intelligence, randomness, Dark eyes, Protectivness
Label me like this: Unlabellable. A bundle of contradictions
Fave animal: Dolphins and moles
Fave fantasy/ mythological creature: Fairies

Ok. I'm procrastinating, I really should be working right now.

Sarah loves her Lexily! :mrgreen:

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

bac wrote:MOD REPLY: I think what you fail to understand is that this is a Lexicon policy. We don't use real full names in the public areas. I tried to hint at it the first time, trying to be nice about it. December was more to the point with the link to the policy. You are definitely old enough to share your full name, address, whatever you want with each other, but do it in pm. You can even pm multiple people at a time (I think up to 7 people). In light of that, I will be editing out your full names. Please help us out with this. Thank you.
bac

sorry!
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Ninna supposes she just have to forgive Misty after that awesome scale-rub and scratching
and if you tell anyone (especially becca-boo) about the sounds made, you're in the deep end again...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hi y'all!!

So I got my ticket for Eclipse earlier!! I am so excited. I'm going w/a bunch of girlfriends so I think it'll be fun. And I'm keeping the tradition alive of seeing the movies on opening day. At first I wasn't sure if I would be able to but I am. I was surprised that the only show sold out was the midnight premeire. And I actually went down to the theatre to get mine (1 because I hate doing stuff online & 2 the theatre is only a few blocks away) and their was someone camping out! They had a tent and everything. That is so crazy to me!! I wouldn't camp out. One I'm paranoid & would be so scared that night that I wouldn't be able to sleep! And I thought I was bad & obsessed by going on opening day! Oh well to each his own I guess.

Not much else going on here. Except we've all of a sudden got really hot here. We don't have much of a spring or gradual warm up here. It's usually the extremes either really cold or really hot. That's one thing I hate about where I live. In the winter there's time where we're lucky if we get above 0. And in the summer we can get in the high 90's (Farenheit.) Thankfully we don't hit 100 very often. I don't do well in the heat. It stinks.

I noticed today that my pants are starting to get too big. I guess that's what happens when you loose weight!! I hope they'll last a while so I don't have to buy pants anytime soon.

Hope everyone has a great week!!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

OMG, where has my post gone? I posted yesterday and saw it online for a while but now everything has disappeared... :shock:
Anyway, sorry girls but I can't remember what I'd written :lol: It's too hot here to think properly...today I have the final exam for my online course and no will to take two buses to go there. But I have to...a friend of mine told me pregnant ladies went in first two days ago: let's hope they let me go in first too. It's difficult to wait in the heat with this belly.

Anyway, are you all ready for Eclipse???? I'm not ready at all...between medical checks, exams and a lot of other things hubby and I have no idea when to go to the cinema. I guess we will wait for the big crowd to see it and then purchase the tickets, maybe next week. So...please, don't post any spoiler :mrgreen:

I'd better go now...have a nice day!!
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

I started red-reading eclipse because we are going to the theatre tomorrownight, but im not sure if ill finish it before that. Oh well, it was just to have things fresh in my head again.

Yesterday I finally found a star wars shirt for Sid :mrgreen:

And at work I told them about the other job, so now i can be happy about it *yeay*, going to earn a lot more there, about 1,70 euros an hour more , w00h00, and it's just around the corner 8-)
Also, my sisterinlaw might be coming to work there on fridays and saturdays aswell..if they take her..i hope so, would be fun. We've worked together before :)

it's been really hot around here, for Dutch weather that is, but no, when i look outside i wonder what the temp is, it's not sunny at all and clouded. but then again, those can be the warmest days because the warmth keep to the ground that way.

anyway, not much to tell, *waves*

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Saw Eclipse~Loved it! I won't spoil...but gotta say, Charlie is really the BEST things about the whole series ;) Me loves me some Charlie!!!