Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by Openhome »

Hi guys! Just popping in to say that you now have your vary own brand new, shiny thread to talk about Eclipse spoilers amongst yourselves. The thread is here.

We will merge those posts back into this thread in a week or two. In the mean time, go and spoil.

We just thought you might like your own place to talk about the movie. ;)
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Gen Y Annex **Eclipse Spoilers**

Post by MRK »

Ok this is really cool...but weird, lol...I think Im the only one from the thread to have seen it so far!
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

We're going to see it in 2,5 hours, :)

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

And we're back! I think the movies are getting better with each part...

LOVED Charlie, Emmet and Jasper, Rosalie was sooooo much better aswell.
Jasper stole the show though, and we decided he might be the new Johnny Depp..

Anyway, NOT dissapointed, well at least not within the PG rating ;)
Fightscenes were awesome, loved the background stories, rosalie and jasper are a lot more interesting now. Also loved the amount of humour they put into the movie.

Music was wayyyy better than new moon, with all that indie crap. I said to sid it reminded me of LOTD, the rohan clan, and afterwards we saw it was hhoward shore who did the music...d0h
makeup and wigs(jasper and rosalie) were wayyyyyy better aswell, except Jane, her eyeshadow wasnt even symmetrical :roll: :lol:

I also really liked how they put some scenes together to make it work. Definately difference with the book, but not to annoying.

will rant more when the rest of you has seen it :)

oh and for the first time I actually thought Rpatsz could act?? especially the tentscenes...

jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by jasmine »

@ openhome, that is so awesome, I immediately used the thread, this will make it easier not to post spoilers , thanx a lot! :D

MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Janny I agree! I really liked how they edited the beginning of Eclipse the book and streamlined it in the movie. It made Edward seem much less crazy, which I liked.
I also agree that Rpatz allowing Edward the character to be more relaxed and funny is a definite bonus!!!
I mentioned on the other thread that I loved how they showed Esme in the fight scenes (and I really liked the practice scenes)

One of my favorite parts (bedsides the sex ed Charlie talk) was Rosalies story...I love when she came at him with the wedding dress and the red eyes!

Oh, and when Bella punched Jacob in the face...the THUD sound made MY hand hurt! LOL
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

I loved the scene with Rosalie in the weddingdress, that was awesome. :lol:
And Bella has a very nice right hook, damn she can slap someone around!

I really liked all the humour in the movie and also some lines they added like charlie's maybe edward isnt so bad, when he heard bella say she was a virgin, i liked that a lot.

BUT, i read this on a blog somwhere and i think i have to agree : they DIDNT use the line ''The Clouds I Can Handle, but I Can't Fight with an Eclipse'', right? so where does the whole title go? thats a bit ..weird..
I think this one was way easier to understand for people without the book aswell.

pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

So for the most part I really liked it. I just got done seeing it so here's my initial thought/reactions. At first I was worried when I heard that DS was going to direct it. Especially because I haven't seen any of his other movies & that the previous movies were pretty much horror.

I wish they had the scenes w/Alice trying to convince Bella to let her plan the wedding. And then when Bella tells Alice she can & Alice already has a dress for Bella. Those are my two favorite Alice moments in the whole saga!

I liked the NM wolves better. I had read in some reviews that they were better here. I don't agree.

I wish Jacob was more cocky after the first "kiss". And that he "attacked" her more like in the book. That was one reason I hated Jacob in the book.

Loved the newborn fight. It was pretty awesome. (Except why didn't Edward tear Victoria apart? Just cutting off her head shouldn't have killed her. He' supposed to rip her up. Her body would still be moving w/just the head gone. Oh well at least he burned her.)

The proposal was pretty good but I felt like there was something missing. I'm not sure what since it's been a while since I've read it. Hmm......But I did love how he talked about in his time he would've courted her.

Loved Rosalie's & Jasper's backstories. Although Rosalie's seemed kind of short (especially in comparison w/Jaspers.) Except that it didn't have Jasper's "I felt hope" line. That is just wrong!!!! Rosalie's really made me feel for her, I almost cried. It was good & terrible that the same time. (Does that make sense.) And I was glad the wolf legends were shortened. I always have a hard time reading that in the book & usually skip over it.

Billy as Charlie was awesome like always. He had some good/funny lines/scenes like he usually does. I think I like Charlie better in the movies than I do the books because Billy is so awesome!

That's all I can think of right now. I know I'll see it at least once more because my mom want to see it but doesn't do the big crowds opening day madness.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I absolutely loved the movie! I think it was the best out of three.
I loved Charlie, Jasper and Alice especially (apart from the main characters off course:D)

It went to fast for me to remember everything I liked and didn't like. So I'm going again next week!
Some things though:

I did think the wolves were better, I found them more believable.
I didn't like Leah much, I thought she was annoying.
Really glad they made the campfire scene short, after reading it once, I skip it every time I read the book.

My main 'problem' was with Edward getting mad at Jacob. It's just a feeling, can't really describe what I mean, but I'll try :P
In the book, Edward stays cool and calm. In the movie, he busted out and got mad. I don't know, it made him to much human for me.
There were more things missing or wrong in the movie, but this was the thing that really bugged me the most.

I did expect to see more of Bree, but maybe that was because of reading the Bree book and all.
Over all, I LOVED the movie.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Brienna said: "I didn't like Leah much, I thought she was annoying."

I think she did amazing! Because as soon as she said one word I thought...wow, what a witch (with a B) lol...I think she is supposed to rub us the wrong way!