Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Re: The Soundtrack

Post by MRK »

knikki wrote:Does anyone know how to get Decode on their iPod's? I so don't want to wait until Nov 4th to listen to it in my car on the way home from work! :P

I know it doesnt officially get released til Nov 4th....
Fangirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by Fangirl »

JackyO wrote:I'm listening to it right now, and i think that is is amazing! I love paramore, and this song is just to good to be true!!!
I know exactly what you mean!!!
Squeee!! Songs!!! It's happening people.... it's not far away at all anymore!!! :D
"After a few minutes, he asked, real quitely, if you turned into an animal, too. And I said, 'She wishes she was that cool!'"Jacob, Breaking Dawn
fortheloveoftwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by fortheloveoftwilight »

The Paramore song is pretty cool!! I think it matches the book and the movie well, with just the right amount of ups and downs and mystery. I took the song as it was from Bella's p.o.v. The only part that didn't make sense to me was

" How did we get here
When I used to know you so well
But how did we get here
I think I know"

After they got to know each other, where they ever in a spot that put them back where they started. That is, in the Twilight book. To me, it almost goes into New Moon. I don't know, I'm so confused about that one. Also...

"Do you see what we’ve done
We’re gonna make such fools of ourselves"

What's that talking about?? The fact that she is human and he is a vamp?? And how is that going to make a fool out of them. I don't get that either

ANY THOUGHTS!!!!!
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Miss Cullen »

fortheloveoftwilight wrote:The Paramore song is pretty cool!! I think it matches the book and the movie well, with just the right amount of ups and downs and mystery. I took the song as it was from Bella's p.o.v. The only part that didn't make sense to me was

" How did we get here
But how did we get here
I think I know"

After they got to know each other, where they ever in a spot that put them back where they started. That is, in the Twilight book. To me, it almost goes into New Moon. I don't know, I'm so confused about that one. Also...

What's that talking about?? The fact that she is human and he is a vamp?? And how is that going to make a fool out of them. I don't get that either

ANY THOUGHTS!!!!!
That is the 2 parts of the whole song i dont think make sense either!!! The first part I don't have any idea, but maybe if you look at the second part from Edwards P.O.V, maybe its something like 'a vampire and a human, falling in love, everyones going to think we are idiots'
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

even though i know they made the song for the soundtrack, i'm thinking not all of the lyrics have to fit in specifically with twilight. i mean, paramore still wants their fans to like the song--and not all of them are necessarily twilight readers. so maybe the lyrics that don't make perfect sense with the story are just to make the song more generic and/or poetic.

maybe it's just poetic license. or maybe i'm making it all up.
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
clariissaa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by clariissaa »

I LOVE PARAMORE! =D
AshleeTwilight8
Wandering Through Town

Post by AshleeTwilight8 »

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the Paramore song. I wish it was November 4th so I could get my paws on that soundtrack!!!!!!
"Why am I covered in feathers?"- Bella Swan
"I bit a pillow or two"-Edward Cullen
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Miss Cullen wrote:
fortheloveoftwilight wrote:The Paramore song is pretty cool!! I think it matches the book and the movie well, with just the right amount of ups and downs and mystery. I took the song as it was from Bella's p.o.v. The only part that didn't make sense to me was

" How did we get here
But how did we get here
I think I know"

ANY THOUGHTS!!!!!
That is the 2 parts of the whole song i dont think make sense either!!! The first part I don't have any idea, but maybe if you look at the second part from Edwards P.O.V, maybe its something like 'a vampire and a human, falling in love, everyones going to think we are idiots'

Agreed. I've been a Paramore fan since 2005, and one of the main thing about them is they always base their music on personal experiences and write about what people want to hear. Decode was not written specifically for Twilight- they simply submitted it because the band members thought most of the song fit well with the theme and overall message of the movie. Just because the song is the leading single for twilight doesn't necessarily mean it was written FOR twilight, so there's bound to be parts in there that don't really fit.

i personally think the song is ingenius, as usual. Paramore have never disappointed me in the musical compositions so i'm loving the new sound that they're getting out there. It's not necessarily dark but it has that deeper aspect to it sound wise. However their lyrics have ALWAYS been poetic to me. In conclusion- this song is FREAKING AMAZING and i almost died once i listened to it....so freaking awesome and the parts of the song that fit Twilight are AWESOME. Very in depth and emotional in my opinion.

*sigh* i love Paramore and Twilight equally, so to have my favorite band and favorite book series/ movie being connected is a gift i never though possible :D
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
t_feva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by t_feva »

bella and edward are so confused with each other in the beginning of twilight,
so maybe that's why paramore made the song confusing in some parts :P
teamtaycob.webs.com
twitter.com/tfeva1
i.heart.twilight&hp
Settled in Forks

Post by i.heart.twilight&hp »

MRK wrote:
knikki wrote:Does anyone know how to get Decode on their iPod's? I so don't want to wait until Nov 4th to listen to it in my car on the way home from work! :P

I know it doesnt officially get released til Nov 4th....

You can dnld it off of LimeWire if you want.
I have it on my iPod and I LOVE it!!!

I have two songs from an unknown band that would be cute. It seems like it would be more 'Midnight Sun-ish' though. It's a band called The Craze. One song is called Rock and a Hard Place and the other is Get Up. Rock and a Hard place should be obvious if you've read the Midnight Sun draft, but Get Up is really pretty. The main thing is 'I've been wrappin' up my life to give it away to you.'

go to: http://www.thecrazemusic.com
I can spell love with two words: ♥Edward Cullen♥ {Major OCD}
Cause only a vampire can love you forever, right?
~Another dazzled Mrs. Cullen - Cause family is about more than just blood.