Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
animegaijingirl

Re: Gen Y Annex **Eclipse Spoilers**

Post by animegaijingirl »

x
Last edited by animegaijingirl on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

Loved it. Missed the "I felt hope" line, but I loved the chemistry between Ashley and Jackson. So cute and playful, the way I always imagined it. And the smirk he has when he's sparring with them? Sexy as hell. :twisted:

Kristen was better....I liked that Bella and Edward were a lot more relaxed. Smiling, laughing Edward is much more enjoyable. Much more like the book.

Favorite line: Jacob--"She may have to use her toes someday. Besides, you have to admit, I AM hotter than you." ROFL! I literally did a spit take with my Dew.

Still struggling with the Bella-hitting-werewolves continuity error. She can slap Paul and she's fine, put punches Jacob and breaks a hand--wth? But that's more of an issue with NM---one of many. Who do I blame--Chris Weitz or Melissa Rosenberg?

Why are Kristen's kissing scenes with Taylor so much hotter than the ones with Rob? Something about Taylor--I dunno--he's way better at it than Rob, I guess. Rpattz just always seems so awkward in those scenes.

Felt like the flashbacks should've been longer. And am I the only person who was disappointed by the pow-wow scene? I actually liked that part of the book and missed it in the movie. And where was Kim? Kim and Jared were supposed to be sitting right next to Bella and Jake. They better not cut out Claire in BD. That scene with her and Quil on the beach was hilarious.

So, that's my reaction. Overall, best out of the 3. Lacking a little in romance, but what do you expect from a horror movie director.
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by MRK »

Wow nobody has posted in days! Where has everyone gone? LOL...it's like a ghost town in here!
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

I can only speak for myself, but I'm enjoying this surprise summer we got. Well, we get summer every year, but only seldom does the weather comply, so I'm soaking up on vitamin D straight from the source and avoids my (too hot to be humane) apartment
and also I'm sulking a bit since I probably ain't leaving the island before Eclipse are out of the theaters within my reach (stuff rarely plays for a month, and I'm not going anywhere this month...)
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

Hey, I think we've all been hanging out on the spoiler thread.

I had company over the weekend, plus I've been working like crazy. My job is sucking my soul.

I forgot to mention--I found Sid's doppelganger at my work. His name is Jared. Anyone find that as funny as I did? He's nice, too.

Been cleaning and working and sleeping--too exhausted for internet.

Well, I'm gonna go swimming. Later lexlings!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I've obviously been away to long. Since when are we allowed to have more then 100 pages in the thread? Rather cool though. :)
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I'm having such double feelings about this movie.
The beginning with Riley was amazing, then it slowed down immediatly and I really had to struggle to keep my attention to the movie. Unless Edward came on screen of course, can I just say waauw. He looked so much more natural and the contacts where so much better, and the 'shining' looked more natural (as far as something like that can) too. I went to see Eclipse on my own cause I needed an Edward fix; and it defenitly did the trick! I fell in love with Edward (read Edward, not Robert) all over again.
I also loved Dakota! Jane gave me the creeps, so she did absolutly awsome.
And since when can Kirsten act so well? Really, I never was a fan. But it's obviously she listened to the critics and worked hard on it. She showed emotion and the voice overs where 20times better. If dating Robert has anything to do with the fact she improved so much and obviously feels better in her roll as Bella, I totally support this relationship ;) Good job Kirsten!
Also everybody else did an amazing job. The acting from everybody was so much better and awsome, they all did prove they have a right to be in this movie and play the characters we all loved (or hated like Lea ;)) in the books.
Except the new Victoria. Really, why?? She was ok, but really no improvement so I really don't see the reason for change.
I also loved Bree Tanner :)
I liked everybody's styling more except Jaspers (what's up with the hair?!?) and Bella's hair. I loved how they played with the color of the eyes way more and made them a bit more human, but still in their vampiry way, if that makes any sense.
But the story was slow, and like already said, so choped up. It just didn't had the flow.
But there surely were some absolutly amazing scenes!, like everybody's backgroundstories, the newborns.... In general it had some of the best scenes out of the three this far. But it didn't really felt like one good solid movie.
The filming in general, and the effects, the fight scenes, and the acting (defenitly the acting!) where the best out of the 3. I defenitly think they got a great director with this one, maybe they just (like I suggested with movie 2) need another scriptwriter?
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Lieziewiezie wrote:I've obviously been away to long. Since when are we allowed to have more then 100 pages in the thread? Rather cool though. :)
OMG Liezie, we've been allowed for ages ;) we get to rock this until 200, and if we get there too quick we might be allowed to go on to 500 :mrgreen:
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

I finally saw Eclipse last night and I should have waited another week. There were so many people you talked and made loud comments during the film - it was completely distracting and irritating.

Aside from the awful audience companions - I'm on the same level as Becs when it comes to this film.
It was the best of the 3 Twilight Saga films and I believe the writing stuck very true to my favorite novel, so I enjoyed that. However, on the level of all films - which Twilight films is not exempt from even though I'm a fan - was awful, boring, and lame. And really it all falls on the part of the horrible acting of KStew, RPatz, and TLautner. SOOOOO mopey and monotonous. This Bella would have ZERO boys after her in real life because all she does is whine, stammer, and mope. KStew's Bella annoys me and then when she is with either of the guys they seem to falter too.
I fell asleep during a couple of their scenes because of the long awkward - not to mention completely unrealistic in the real world conversations - pauses and stammers. There were only a few times when I thought I heard real emotions from the main 3. None of there conversations sound like conversations in real life. When I read the book my Bella, Edward, and Jacob have strength and conviction behind their words when they are fighting or believing in something/someone. Or when they are upset/angry - that should not sound like mopey teenager.

What I enjoyed - the back stories of Rosalie and Jasper (btw I though Nikki looked much prettier in her hair and makeup this time around - but poor jackson that hair. and poor PFach - blond does not have to be bleach yellow blond make up people!)
The acting of the side/supporting character: Charlie and Jessica!! Again my favorites! I love the wolf pack and Emmet was adorable. PFach is my vision of Carlisle too, so I'm happy with his performance. Dakota as Jane was great again - I just wished they had made her brunette like the book; i think she'd be even more terrifying with the dark on light skin look. Xavier Samuel is my new celebrity love - he is so goregous as Riley.
Making Bella look less crazy gf by leaving out the confrontation between her and Edward about him fighting with her family or staying with her- the whole "remember when you left me" thing :roll: and not having him scold her basically for cutting herself and interfering with his and Seth's fakeout battle plan

Things that weren't so great:
Bryce as Victoria. I forgot who posted it, but she is too baby faced. I like how you don't see much of her actual face until the end, like they want us to forget they changed the actress haha.
The wolf & vamps vs newborns fight scene (not Edward's battle)- while there were some cool parts - I don't count a fight scene if it is too blury for me to actually see it. Yeah i get it these creatures are fast, but I'd actual like to see some action.
The overdramatic scenes with no speaking like Edward standing on the snowy mountain waiting - precious time that could have been used elsewhere
The vampires like statues thing - I know the description is tough skin like marble, but I never pictured it as a whole body of stone. I didn't like that it looked hokey.

So overall: best of the three films, but still supar as a film in general. As a twilight film a lone I liked what was created out of my favorite book, but disliked the delivery of the words that sounded so much better in my head
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

oops! I haven't posted here in forever either. I have been busy planning my wedding which is causing unneeded stress!!
I did get the chance to see Eclipse but I was so sick through it that I am going again Sunday with the Fiancé. It's 11:18pm here right now and I am not even tired. I have work tomorrow at 9:30am ugh!!! Can't wait for the weekend!!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3