Hair styles, tips, advice

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Hair styles, tips, advice

Post by Pel »

so, does anybody have a favorite hair:style, accesories,ect? what is your style? this is all about hair in here! stylers, accesories, styles, you name it! so, my style is short, maybe sometimes with gel, but almost ALWAYS in a headband of some sort. my english teacher likes to call me "headband girl"
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Re: Hair Stuff

Post by Pel »

This is a thread for hair woes, tips, cuts, and other hair discussion. You can ask hair advice on dyes and cuts, and recommend products to your fellow Lexiconians.

To start, I need hair help. I have thick hair, and it gets residue and build-up mostly in the back of my head. I've tried billions of clarifying shampoos, including: Nexxus Aloe Rid, Suave Professionals clarifying shampoo, and Suave daily clarifying shampoo. Nothing really seems to help. I need tips on how to wash my hair and with what. Open to suggestions! (And I don't know if it matters or not, but i need something safe for color treated hair and i flat iron my hair, too.)
Nessa645
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Hair styles, tips, advice

Post by Nessa645 »

So I just recently colored my hair from this http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n170 ... efore1.jpg to this http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n170 ... after2.jpg but I've been thinking about just going all dark brown again. I've had my hair so many colors don't know what to do with it anymore. Any one have any ideas? :?:
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

for the shampoo question, i just recently switched my shampoo to herbal escenses. (sp?) i swear, it is so much better than suave!! i had that forever, and my hair would be greasy all the time. yuck. when i switched to this, i can go 2 days without washing my hair and it is still nice and non-greasy! yay!

as for Nessa645, i like the color you changed it! i can't really tell you what i think it should be, because your face is the thing i would base it on. i have blue eyes, and a face that just shouts BLONDE at you, so i keep it that way. i've never been anything but blonde. most of my hair is its natural color, although i did get lighter blonde highlights last june. i love em!
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

If there is something i know its hair, hair styles, color everything, I've had every color in the rainbow and still managed to keep my hair from looking totally dead, My favorite color was Purple, it wasnt bright purple it was like very deep purple it was awesome.. but right now i have brown hair with blonde under it and its medium length and i love it.. I had it platinum blond for the longest time and decided to go dark but i wanted to keep some of the blond i've seen the blond on top brown/black under it.. so decided to change it up..
My favorite shampoo i use TIGI bed head self absorbed it really helps as far as color treatment

if you really need some help use Biosilk fruit cocktail is awesome along with there Biosilk silk therapy

and Never buy Boxed hair dye it never comes out the way you want..
go to sallys its cheaper and better quality!
okay im ranting about hair..
so dont get me started on MAKE UP(my second personal weakness next to twilight)
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
Christine!

Re: Hair Stuff

Post by Christine! »

Pel wrote:This is a thread for hair woes, tips, cuts, and other hair discussion. You can ask hair advice on dyes and cuts, and recommend products to your fellow Lexiconians.

To start, I need hair help. I have thick hair, and it gets residue and build-up mostly in the back of my head. I've tried billions of clarifying shampoos, including: Nexxus Aloe Rid, Suave Professionals clarifying shampoo, and Suave daily clarifying shampoo. Nothing really seems to help. I need tips on how to wash my hair and with what. Open to suggestions! (And I don't know if it matters or not, but i need something safe for color treated hair and i flat iron my hair, too.)

Try Matrix Biolage Normalizing Shampoo.
It works amazing, my hair used to get greasy really easily, like by the end of the day and now my hair looks great so much longer.
If that doesn't work try Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo. It works great and smells good too!
previously ChristineAnn, incase you didn't figure that out:)
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

Well, I am, I guess, naturally a blonde. I have thick medium length hair, which can get hard to manage. So I got it cut to be like, or simaller (sp?) to Hayley William's hair. Now it is easier to flat iron, and less thick at the bottom. I also put light orange highlightes (sp?) in. I also use Herbal Esences dangerously straight shampoo, which works great. So I would recommend that, out of all the thousands of shampoo types I have used.
netnut
Wandering Through Town

Post by netnut »

i heard making a friend who works at a salon is well worth the friendship. hair care you can buy at stores is so unhealthy for your hair because it has so much alcohol in it. its better to get shampoos from your salon, which is where the friend comes in! 50% discounts on products! & bumble&bumble is a good brand. it has something for just about every hair type, & is what is used on the runways for fashion & hair shows!
Nessa645

Post by Nessa645 »

Lynzeee wrote:If there is something i know its hair, hair styles, color everything, I've had every color in the rainbow and still managed to keep my hair from looking totally dead, My favorite color was Purple, it wasnt bright purple it was like very deep purple it was awesome.. but right now i have brown hair with blonde under it and its medium length and i love it.. I had it platinum blond for the longest time and decided to go dark but i wanted to keep some of the blond i've seen the blond on top brown/black under it.. so decided to change it up..
My favorite shampoo i use TIGI bed head self absorbed it really helps as far as color treatment

if you really need some help use Biosilk fruit cocktail is awesome along with there Biosilk silk therapy

and Never buy Boxed hair dye it never comes out the way you want..
go to sallys its cheaper and better quality!
okay im ranting about hair..
so dont get me started on MAKE UP(my second personal weakness next to twilight)
Same here you name the color and I've probably had it. I ever colored it Ronald McDonald red one time. That was a my bad though. I love to color my hair. I have my hair the same way with brown on top and blond on the bottom. I've had it like that for about two months now. Don't know what else to do with it. Any ideas?
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

What about Brown on top with Red on Bottom? Or Red on top with Black/Brown on bottom?