What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
MidnightPom
Settled in Forks

Re: What are you reading?

Post by MidnightPom »

The Girl Who Played With Fire. The series is well superbly written.
Without the dark, we'd never see the stars.
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

MidnightPom: I agree. I loved "The Girl Who Played with Fire".

I finished "Mudbound" and it was ok. I'm currently reading "Radiant Shadows" by Melissa Marr
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Finished Master of Fire and really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the next book in that series.

This weekend I also read Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon and REALLY loved it. I can't wait to read the next installment in this series...it gives me hope for Nick, one of my favorite characters from the Dark Hunters series.

I also, finally, read The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner and really enjoyed it. The different perspective was really intriguing.

Now I am reading The Darkest Passion by Gena Showalter.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

cullengirl - I've been putitng off reading Radiant Shadows...I'd love to know what you thought!

I'm reading the Count of Monte Cristo...considering making it one of the required reading books for my class this coming school year.

Thank you Naureen!!
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

Fan: I absolutely loved The Count of Monte Cristo!

I'm about a hundred pages in Radiant Shadows. I have to get reacquainted with the characters again, but Devlin does sound hot. Heehee
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Megan by Jack Weyland. He's one of my favorite authors. It's a book I read back in High School (which was a while ago now) and decided to read it again.
fanMNM wrote: I'm reading the Count of Monte Cristo...considering making it one of the required reading books for my class this coming school year.
I read that earlier this year & had a hard time finishing it. It took me over a month. I decided to read it because it's one of my really good friends favorite book & I wanted to know why it was. It was good but so long & all the different stories/charcters to follow was really hard.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

fanMNM wrote:cullengirl - I've been putitng off reading Radiant Shadows...I'd love to know what you thought!
I can see why you put it off. It was ok, but definitely not my favorite in the series. You can read my review here.

I'm going to start Once Upon a Crime, the fourth book in the Sisters Grimm series, by Michael Buckley.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Just finished Water for Elephants. I really liked it when I didn't think I would. The characters grabbed me right away. I am now reading The Secret Circle by L.J. Smith
Banner by TammyAZ
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

Finished Beastly by Alex Flinn and I really enjoyed it.

Also finished The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood and I also really enjoyed it BUT there is a highly descriptive sex scene that caught me unaware and I was disappointed it was in there. (I appreciate the Stephenie Meyer "less is more" philosophy) I think the movie coming out with Zac Efron will be worth seeing but I hope they just glaze over that particular scene.

I've been wanting to read Wake by Lisa McMann for a long time and my library finally purchased it. So, I have to be honest, I totally hated it. The writing was poor (fragmented sentences EVERYWHERE -- not even sure if she is capable of writing proper English), the language was horrific (F-bombs all over), and there was random sexual stuff including lesbian crap, throughout. I was extremely disappointed because the premise was so good -- it could have made an amazing book if someone like, hmmm, Stephenie Meyer had written it instead. I made it to the end of the book because I wanted to see what happened, and I thought the ending was pretty lame, nothing that would compell me to continue on to the next book, if I had any intention anyway. Not going to read anything by her again. Sorry to rant like that, but I had to get that off my shoulders. I feel much better now! :)
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Currently reading:

1) The Butcher's Boy, by Thomas Perry. The first of Perry's nearly 20 mystery/suspense novels; the title character and protagonist is a hit man who discovers that his employers are planning to dispose of him, and tries to turn the tables on them and escape his violent history. At the same time, he's attracting a major government manhunt. I'm about one-third of the way in, and it's very good so far.

2) Pendulum of War, by Niall Barr. This is a good addition to my military history library. In the summer and fall of 1942, three battles took place between British and German/Italian forces near a small town in Egypt called El Alamein. Barr has written a judicious, thorough account of all three battles.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing