Worried about Breaking Dawn?

Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Re: Worried about Breaking Dawn?

Post by bored by the sea »

marielle wrote:
MiVidaLoca wrote: was one of the few that was disappointed with Eclipse. So I am worried for BD. Comparing Eclipse ONLY on the other 2 movies I thought it was good. But comparing it to the book, I was let down.
I know what you mean...the movie on it's own was brilliant...they even had more from the book in it than I expected...
but I did miss a lot from the book...I was a bit sad that they had cut away so much...
yep i agree im saying its an awesome film as the film im trying to treat them as seprate from the books as there is always something left out that i appreciated from the books, i think thts the best way to treat them.

and as for the final confrontation i dont think theyll make it into an all out battle as stephenie has said in many interviews there was a reason why she didnt make it an all out "battle" and why she created the feeling of it that she did, and seeing as shes supposedly going to have a slightly more active role within this film im hoping she wont let the new director and Rosenburg (yeah im not a fan :lol: ) toy with it too much.
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

I don't think that SM will allow the final confrontation to escalate into a battle; however, something will have to happen to help translate the suspenseful feeling in the book to the screen (I would think at least). I'm not quite sure what it will be, but hopefully it will be something that doesn't change the story much.
ImageImageImageImage
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I loved the scene where Bella starts saying goodbye to Jacob and then everyone else starts saying their goodbyes. Even though it was heartbreaking, it was so touching and made me feel the tension they were all really feeling. I hope that scene makes it into the film.

Thank you Naureen!!
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

fanMNM wrote:I loved the scene where Bella starts saying goodbye to Jacob and then everyone else starts saying their goodbyes. Even though it was heartbreaking, it was so touching and made me feel the tension they were all really feeling. I hope that scene makes it into the film.
yep i love this scene and this would be a perfect way to show the suspenseful feeling in the book, althouh i guess Summit will probably be looking for a little bit more action in it than that boooo :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

I think that the music will have to be VERY dark for the final confrontation. It's the only way I can think of to make us get the bad feeling you know?
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
AyaDiefair
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AyaDiefair »

According to The Twilight Saga's recent status update on Facebook (3 hours ago), the 2nd half of Breaking Dawns release date has been confirmed.

First half releases November 18th, 2011, 2nd half releases November 16th, 2012.

They are putting a 1 year cap between them. Why? What are your thoughts on this? :x
I was pale before Twilight made it look cool.
~Aya Diefair~
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

AyaDiefair wrote:According to The Twilight Saga's recent status update on Facebook (3 hours ago), the 2nd half of Breaking Dawns release date has been confirmed.

First half releases November 18th, 2011, 2nd half releases November 16th, 2012.

They are putting a 1 year cap between them. Why? What are your thoughts on this? :x

I honestly cannot believe they are doing this. It makes absolutely no sense to put a full year between the two halves. I have absolutely no idea why they are not doing it as a summer release in 2013 at the very least. I would say they could even push it up and put it spring 2013.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
AyaDiefair
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AyaDiefair »

Jazz Girl wrote: I would say they could even push it up and put it spring 2013.
And release them back to back? It would make more sense, but according to this article, Summit was disappointed with their deciding to have it released in the summer because they didn't get the results they thought they would with school being out for the summer, which sounds a little greedy. :/

Although the whole reasoning is vague, here is one reason I see for such drastic spacing between the movies in one article:

Technological advances are occurring in CGI and other special effects, especially the second part of Breaking Dawn can benefit from these advances. Spreading out gives more opportunity for these advances many of which are post production advances. Does this mean 3-D, or better Benjamin Button type tech? Unknown.
I am reading this as giving them more time to think through how they are going to display the powers of the large group of Vampires without it looking cheesy in the second half and to have the extra profit to follow through? If they can get their hands on the CGI technology that was in Avatar, no problem, right?

EDIT: Here is another reason for them (well the 2nd half at least)being released in the fall:

By doing Thanksgiving releases the movies avoid the 2012 summer crunch with the following movies that are bound to suck up movie dollars and be blockbusters: Batman 3, The Avengers, Battleship, Star Trek 2, G.I. Joe 2, Spider-Man and Superman.
I was pale before Twilight made it look cool.
~Aya Diefair~
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

EDIT: Noticed in my previous post that I had typoed. I meant to say Spring 2012, not 2013. Huge difference. There should be no more than 6 months between the release dates of BD1 & BD2.

That being said, a few more coherent thoughts on the year separation...

Well, it all boils down to me being pissed as all get out about the way Summitt is handling the whole bloody thing. While we were happy with the ultimate results, we all know they rushed Eclipse into theaters. We all quailed at the too fast shoot and the stress it put on all the cast and crew. We all cringed at the parts that some of the actors had to give up (Parts Per Billion). A small part of me wonders how much better it could have been if they'd taken proper time to separate installments. Would the craptastic wigs look slightly less than dead animals? Would they have had time to get FailCob an fracking shirt? Could they have fixed those three or four GLARING script errors #coughSwitzerlandcough... chokeBellaTurnsAwayFromEdwardTWICEchoke ?

But, the final and most compelling argument; Breaking Dawn is one story. It is not two stand alone pieces. Even HP & The Deathly Hallows, which could arguably be split into to separate stories, is highly aware that they are two parts of a whole and need to be relatively close together. Every one of us, whether we want to admit it or not, is HUGELY looking forward to BD 1. I mean, that's the payoff, isn't it? Wedding #RobWard in a tux is WIN... Honeymoon #praysfordistinctLACKoffadetoblack. It is even likely that they won't cut it until the birth, which means that the "burning man" scenes will be there, those chances for Rob to knock it out of the park with InsaneWard. BD1 is the culmination of all of it. So in what might go down in history as the dumbest cinematic move ever (okay, maybe second behind Gigli) Summitt decides to leave the weakest part of the story dangling for a year. It should be a April/May 2012 release at the very latest. There should be no more than 6 months between the halves, particularly when you are wrapping up the saga with much less than a bang. Hell, even HP, which is pretty much guaranteed to clean up given that the source material IS so strong, recognizes that pushing it to 7 months is a little much.

That being said, I am nowhere near hypocritical enough to say I won't see it, and probably multiple times. I support Rob and the entire cast. I support The Saga. Not seeing it would feel like a betrayal of them. It would feel like turning my back on Rob. The last thing I want is for Rob to be associated with something that doesn't do well. It'll happen at some point in his career. Even the best actors have the occasional bad film. But, by gods, not if I have anything to say about it.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Maybe that's Summit's mea-culpa that a summer release didn't work out entirely the way they planned. And of course, Summit Entertainement being privately owned means that they have no stockholders other than themselves to keep happy, just like how NASCAR is privately owned, though Summit has yet to screw up like NASCAR has.

However, if you look at box office draw, Eclipse has done at least as well if not better than New Moon, as it's been 34 or so days since Eclipse has been released, and it's earned more to that point than New Moon had.

I think that Summit kinda knows that the Twilight Saga films are their cash cow and they're trying to milk it, as well as trying to assure that they can wring the most profits out of the films by sticking to the formula that Twilight and New Moon had of big fall releases while avoiding the summer time crunch/saturation.

Granted, that doesn't mean that it kinda doesn't suck(though I rarely watch movies in theaters), considering that BD will be filmed as one big movie then split during editing. It also would help if Summit did some more self-promotion this time around, instead of working the actors to death doing it for them. Granted, she's handling things better and easier, but poor Kristen was worked to death promo'in' New Moon and Eclipse and her other stuff in between. She may enjoy interacting with fans and giving interviews on talk shows about her projects(David Letterman be damned), but she has her limits as far as physical stress, because at times she seemed to be kinda sick during New Moon and Eclipse promo.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/