Worried about Breaking Dawn?

Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Re: Worried about Breaking Dawn?

Post by bored by the sea »

i think its probably got a WHOLE lot to do with the winter release thing, i think thats what theyre banking on quite literally ££££ :lol: im actually happy that its 2 parts means they hopefully wont leave out as much and therefore as Caryn just said less errors hopefully *crosses fingers, toes and anything else* :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
RudeDesigns
Settled in Forks

Post by RudeDesigns »

eh i already know theyre releasing each part of this movie a year apart , but i was just thinking it would have been alot cooler if they did the movies in Grindhouse style, 2 movies viewed together with an intermission between then sold as two seperate dvds, but its obvious that summit plans on milking every penny out of this cow so theyre going to release them a year apart to make sure they get 2 diff. box office numbers and 2 diff dvd sales.
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

RudeDesigns wrote:eh i already know theyre releasing each part of this movie a year apart , but i was just thinking it would have been alot cooler if they did the movies in Grindhouse style, 2 movies viewed together with an intermission between then sold as two seperate dvds, but its obvious that summit plans on milking every penny out of this cow so theyre going to release them a year apart to make sure they get 2 diff. box office numbers and 2 diff dvd sales.
And then a collectors edition, etc....everything is about money. It would have been awesome for the Grindhouse style movie; however, even though it sucks to wait...hopefully the first part will be good enough to where we are eagerly anticipating part 2
ImageImageImageImage
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

gamb1t wrote:And then a collectors edition, etc....everything is about money
I wouldn't mind a collectors edition...specially for BD.... that way they can make the theatrical movie pg-13 and the actual dvd (special edition) r-rated....... that way we'll be able to see how and when the feathers erupt and a good detailed birthing scene...
for that I would pay.....

do you guys release how strange it will be for the actors...they start shooting this autumn... than a year later they have to recall how things were on set during tv appreances and red carpet....but than they'll move an to next movie's only to do the same thing a year later...they'll have to remember everything from the movie after two years...
(they'll go like "uhm, dang did that happen with BD or an other movie?")

I have the feeling Summit wants the actor bound to them and to the saga as long as humanly possible...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Well, the Twilight films saved Summit Entertainment from Chapter 11 bankruptcy, so you can forgive them for being a little greedy, but this is a little rediculous. Maybe they should actually market their other films and not sell them on the back of the fact that they're the Twilight studio. They basically tried to sell Remember Me on the back of Rob Pattinson, and we know how well that worked--the move was only moderately successful at the box office.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Chernaudi wrote:Well, the Twilight films saved Summit Entertainment from Chapter 11 bankruptcy, so you can forgive them for being a little greedy, but this is a little rediculous. Maybe they should actually market their other films and not sell them on the back of the fact that they're the Twilight studio. They basically tried to sell Remember Me on the back of Rob Pattinson, and we know how well that worked--the move was only moderately successful at the box office.
From a purely financial/business standpoint, it's actually been a really successful strategy. Summit knows that The Twilight Saga is it's cash cow and they were banking on Robert becoming their golden boy. When he wasn't as accomodating as they wanted, they are now turning their attention to Taylor. Either way, The Saga has thus far put almost $2 billion in Summit's coffers, just from box office. That doesn't include dvd sales, merchendising rights, royalties and all the rest of the "extras". While nowhere near that kind of money, Remember Me was actually a very successful venture for them. You are talking about a movie that cost just over $16million to make and brought in almost $56 million worldwide, $20 million here in the US. More importantly though, it did for them what it did for Rob. Summit will always be the studio that brought us Twilight. But, it proved that they could deliver another successful and well made film. Was it a blockbuster? No, but it was never meant to be. It was exactly what they wanted it to be. A well made character drama. If you look at the movies they've chosen (and even Twilight fits here because that is exactly what the first was), that is the niche they are pursuing. And, the financial boom of The Saga, coupled with the artistic success of RM has allowed them to make movies like RED, with it's cast of huge names. Helen Miren never would have gone for a Summit project 2 years ago.

All that being said, it still concerns me for BD. Summit has no reason to be careful or thoughtful about what they put out as BD, or how they do it. They know it will make money and that seems to be all they are interested in. As opposed to actually being concerned about the integrity of the project. Yes, there are individuals who do. But, we've seen how much power those folks actually have.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Correct me if I'm wrong...I haven't read anything in a while, but I thought they were filming the entire movie and then separating it for the releases. Similar to Harry Potter and LoTR. Sure a year is a long time between films but that is what they have done with those movies as well. Seemed to work, though it will be tough to wait for the first film.

EDIT: Nevermind...I misread the post.
Grayce
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

GrayceM--Yes, Summit is trying to film it as one big movie and split it in two during editing.

JazzGirl--Summit knows that even as butchered as some scenes in the movies are, the fans are still gonna see it because it to a large extent it's like the books coming to life. However, Summit has also been criticized for being cheap and not willing to spend the coin to establish themselves as being anything but the "Twilight Studio". Look at the film they made that won an Oscar, it basically flopped at the box office because they didn't market it.

The German car maker Audi reduced their auto racing involvment, espeically in North America. But when the worst of the recession ended, they increased their marketing with product placment and increased their racing commitments, though North America was largely ignored as Audi focused on the 24 Hours of Le Mans (which they had a 1-2-3 finish in) and the Intercontinetal Le Mans Cup, which has only one round in America this year.

Point is that Audi doesn't need to race as much in the US because even in 2009, their sales were only slightly off by year's end compared to 2008's records, and they look to shatter said sales records this year. Audi has good products, but they market them as well, and are doing a damn good job of it (with product placement and TV ads-most of the Twilight cast, ironicaly, owns and Audi: Rob Pattinson owns/owned an S4, Ashley Greene owns a Q5, and Nikki Reed owns a Q7 TDI diesel) as they're the fastest growing luxury/sports car maker in the world right now and are making record profits.

Audi also raced the R10 in the American Le Mans Series from 2006-2008, and that helped get their diesels marketed. 3 consecuitive ALMS drivers, teams, and maufacturers championships, 3 straight 24 Hours of Le Mans wins and agressive marketing based on that in a market where people are looking for alternatives to hybrids will do that. But all those sales came after Audi stopped racing in the ALMS full time.

So what I'm saying is that if Summit wants to have some serious staying power, the need to branch out with their marketing, because Breaking Dawn is the last novel, and Stephenie Meyer has no intentions for the forseeable future to wrint another Twilight Saga novel, and if it gets made into a movie, she may want someone else to do it for all we know by that time.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Melody
Learning to Love Green

Post by Melody »

Hey guys!
I so relieved that Stephenie Meyer is going to be the producer - but i wish they would fire Mellisa Rosenburg. There is no way that she will write the script from a Team Edward POV - which BD ultimately is. I dont even want to imagine what she will do to the script if she is given a free reign :S I may cry :(

Team Edward - because real men sparkle ;)
Trainee in "Emmetts Demolition Crew"
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Photos of Kristen Stewart from the set of On the Road: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 726&ref=mf

Kristen's not too happy in the first pic, being papped out, something she shares with the Walter Salles, the film's director.

Anyways, we all know that her hair color won't be an issue, but what about hair length, since she says she wants to portray Bella with her actual hair?