Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Edward Cullen #6

Post by Kachiti »

Jazz Girl wrote:*raises a glass* *clears throat*

A quick anniversary wish for an eternity of love and blessings for Edward & Bella... literally. ;)
They got married on the 13th?
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Kachiti wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:*raises a glass* *clears throat*

A quick anniversary wish for an eternity of love and blessings for Edward & Bella... literally. ;)
They got married on the 13th?

August 13th was a month to the day before Bella's 19th Birthday... Remember? She didn't want to be another year older than Edward.

BTW, Jazz Girl~
Jazz Girl wrote:
desire4vampires wrote:ok I have a question that I have always wondered about Edward. Why does he hate himself so much?

There are actually several reasons, I think, why Edward sees himself as a monster. I don't think he necessarily hates himself. But, he hates what he is, what it takes away from him. I suppose you could say it is completely because he is a vampire. He wouldn't hate himself were he human. But, it's not that he hates vampires per say. Edward is much harder on himself than he is on anyone else, holds himself to the highest of high expectations. Where he pities Jasper for his struggle, scolds him a little for not being more proactive in managing it, he hates that he is even tempted at all. Yes, his control is amazing. But, he's also got the second bloodiest record in the family by choice. I think his period of rebellion has a lot to do with it. Edward chose to hunt humans. It doesn't matter what kind of humans he hunted. It doesn't matter that he saved hundreds or thousands in the process. He just remembers enjoying...revelling in... taking human life and he hates himself for it. He hates that it will ALWAYS be his first instinct and that it is even a struggle at all.

Now, add to that that he struggles at all to resist Bella's blood. His instinct, because of what he is, is to kill the person he loves most in the world, to take away his own reason for existence. How could he not hate himself? In the end, he doesn't give himself any credit for the person he is... has become... all he focuses on what he did in the past and what he wants to do because of his vampiric nature.

Well said!! Amazing answer!
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

Oh when she became a vampire.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Today was the day they got married. This way, they would have a real honeymoon and then she would be changed after the honeymoon. However, getting pregnant changed that plan.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Melody
Learning to Love Green

Post by Melody »

Each book seemed to intensify my love for Edward :)

It isn't just that fact that he is "breathtakingly beautiful". He is the perfect gentleman - what most girls want in a man. He is so selfless and generous - he would do anything for anyone. I love how protective he is over Bella and how much he loves her despite her flaws. He is such a deep character but I don't think that a lot of people who like Twilight look past his face/body (of course its hard to at first but still! :lol: )
Wish I could meet my Edward :/

Happy belated anniversary to Edward and Bella - I'm oh so jealous :lol:

Team Edward - because real men sparkle ;)
Trainee in "Emmetts Demolition Crew"
respect_literature
Settled in Forks

Post by respect_literature »

But is he really such a gentleman? It seems he is so cordial...but breaking into Bella's house to watch her sleep is, well, not very gentlemanly. :?
http://www.fancast.com/blogs/files/2010 ... pse300.jpg
Have I told you you're sort of beautiful?
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

respect_literature wrote:But is he really such a gentleman? It seems he is so cordial...but breaking into Bella's house to watch her sleep is, well, not very gentlemanly. :?

I don't think anyone argues that the act it self is questionable at best. However, again, VAMPIRE. Not really known for following all the legal conventions of human society. Also, in my opinion, if you look at WHY he did it, that he really did it as a way to protect her, to lessen the impact of her scent on his instincts, there's something to be said for that. Were this a human love story, it would be different. But it's not. And pretending that all the human conventions apply... just doesn't make any sense.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Melody
Learning to Love Green

Post by Melody »

Jazz Girl wrote:
respect_literature wrote:But is he really such a gentleman? It seems he is so cordial...but breaking into Bella's house to watch her sleep is, well, not very gentlemanly. :?

I don't think anyone argues that the act it self is questionable at best. However, again, VAMPIRE. Not really known for following all the legal conventions of human society. Also, in my opinion, if you look at WHY he did it, that he really did it as a way to protect her, to lessen the impact of her scent on his instincts, there's something to be said for that. Were this a human love story, it would be different. But it's not. And pretending that all the human conventions apply... just doesn't make any sense.
Jazz Girl - thats exactly how I see it too! The whole Twilight world is a different world from where we live. Its a world where vampires and werewolves exist so how why would conventions that apply in our world apply to the Twilight world? I see how it could be percieved in the "real world" but that isnt how it is written - he does it to protect her and to de-sensitize (sp?!) himself to her scent. Though i do appreciate other peoples opinions :)

Team Edward - because real men sparkle ;)
Trainee in "Emmetts Demolition Crew"
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I felt that Edward was breaking in (before Bella knew about it) to try to figure out WHY he was so mesmerized by her. He couldn't read her mind, so he goes to her, while she is asleep to try to figure her out. Makes sense, he could look about her room and get a better understanding of her by what she has in her room. What he discovers while he is there is that she talks in her sleep. Not only that but to find out she says his name...to find out she dreams about him, is a shock to him. Then he continues to watch her sleep to hear if she says anything else that could possibly aid him in figuring her out. She is an enigma to him and this, at first, is the only way he thinks of to help him figure her out.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

una wrote:I felt that Edward was breaking in (before Bella knew about it) to try to figure out WHY he was so mesmerized by her. He couldn't read her mind, so he goes to her, while she is asleep to try to figure her out. Makes sense, he could look about her room and get a better understanding of her by what she has in her room. What he discovers while he is there is that she talks in her sleep. Not only that but to find out she says his name...to find out she dreams about him, is a shock to him. Then he continues to watch her sleep to hear if she says anything else that could possibly aid him in figuring her out. She is an enigma to him and this, at first, is the only way he thinks of to help him figure her out.
I agree with Una. He's mesmerized by this girl plain and simple. If you read The Book That Shall Not Be Named (LOL) you can see exactly what Edward was thinking the first time he entered her room. He knows he's wrong, selfish... but Lord help him, he can't stay away! Another thought- He comes up with all kinds of reasons for entering her room the first time-- resisting her scent, unraveling the mystery of her mind, protecting her, etc.-- BUT I think that going back again and again comes down to his loneliness. For the first time in one-hundred years he has someone to pass the nighttime hours with, even if she is unconscious. :P