Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Re: Worried about Breaking Dawn?

Post by fanMNM »

The sarcasm in the chapter titles in BD (Jacob's part of the story) added so much to the book! I wish there was some way those titles could make it into the movie!

Thank you Naureen!!
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

bored by the sea wrote:yep i agree guys the imprinting has to be just right, because otherwise the non book readers are going to react weirdly i think, i mean ive spent what i can only imagine are collective hours attempting to explain it to people who havent read the books and its really pretty darn hard to explain fairly :lol:
Yes it will. Especially since imprinting was barely touched upon in Eclipse. And since they didn't the Quill & Claire storyline. In my opinion I think SM did that story to prepare us for Jacob imprinting on Renesmee.

When it comes to the sex scenes it can be tastefully done. Considering we all say how we want them to follow the book it won't be explicit. I'm sure we'll see some stuff but it won't be over the top & then will fade to black.

Tiger_kitten wrote:I just finished re-reading Breaking Dawn, and I cannot even fathom how they are going to pull off Jacob's book.

The majority of it is inside a pack's mind, how will they do that? They can't replace all of the wolf scenes with them staying in human form, but it would look rather cheesy to have them in wolf form and we just hear their thoughts, or rather the actor's voices. Subtitles would be even worse.

What do you think their solution will be? There really are no other options for how we will see them communicate for long periods of time in wolf form. There are only so many gestures a wolf can do. Plus some of Jacob's thoughts are so important to the story...

Breaking Dawn is all just a giant question mark. They can't fit everything into one movie, but where will they end the first one? I guess they can do it wherever they want but I have a feeling nobody is going to end up very pleased with it. They'll probably end with her going into labor and that'll be a horrid cliff-hanger to have to wait months to get resolved.

How renesmee is going to work is another question. I suppose the best possible solution is various little girls portraying her different stages. But that is going to be rather obnoxious because they aren't going to find a bunch of girls who look close enough that it isn't obvious they keep changing people rather than she is just growing....
These are all things that I too wonder about & I'm glad I'm not BC or any of the producers to have to figure out! I wonder if SM has an ideas? That's partly why I'm not upset about the year differencebetween part 1 & 2 it will give them time to figure out Renesmee & get it done right.

For me the best place to break it up is after the birth of Renesmee/Jacob imprinting and before we get back to Bella's pov.I bet part 2 will start w/Bella's second book. And it would give a good cliffhanger. Does Bella live? What happened to Jacob there at the end? (mostly for the non-bookreaders. I at first didn't realize he had imprinte until Bella figured it out. I felt like an idiot! :oops: )
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Getting a little more worried after this from MTV. I know they aren't the most reliable news source but if this is even remotely close to what Melissa actually said... :?

"The extra roles have proven to be a challenge for Rosenberg, who told us recently she's currently struggling with the film's big battle scene, during which the two groups of vamps face off.

"The final battle sequence is a big challenge, because it lasts 25 pages," she said. "It's almost an entire three-act story in and of itself. You have to track hundreds of characters. It's an enormous challenge to choreograph on the page and for [director] Bill [Condon] to choreograph on the stage."

Are they really going to try to make this a fight scene?
I suppose this shouldn't surprise me. I mean, the whole point of the majority of the tactics used by the Cullens were to get the Volturi to hesitate. Once the executions began no one would survive. But this would be just about right in line with everything else if the screen writer downplayed that fact at this point. Especially since they have never mentioned Irina or the "family" relationship they have with the Cullens. It will be useless to try to go back now and explain how important they are to each other, why it's a big deal when Irina is killed (if they even show that) and why the Cullens are so worried about the confrontation. :roll: I suppose there's no reason at the end, to make the story line more in depth or to show some key points about the family we love.
If the Volturi aren't as powerful and intimidating as they are in the books, there's no reason not to have a small fight break out only to be halted by Aro entering the field...
They are going to turn my HEA into "Reality bites and this IS as happy as you get" ending... :(
Grayce
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

I know this is going to sound weird, but I am worried about how Kristen Stewart will do as Vampire Bella. Bella changes SO much in BD I just wonder how KStew will pull it off. It's not that I don't think she could do it, just HOW she will do it you know?
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

SwanCullen wrote:I know this is going to sound weird, but I am worried about how Kristen Stewart will do as Vampire Bella. Bella changes SO much in BD I just wonder how KStew will pull it off. It's not that I don't think she could do it, just HOW she will do it you know?
I'm honestly not worried about any of the actors. Particularly after what Kris did with Bella in Eclipse, I have total faith in her ability to completely nail VampBella's changes. If she could make me understand and even forgive some of Bella's total stupidity in Eclipse, translating VampBella's epiphanies and realizations in BD should be cake.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

If Kristen can improve upon human Bella (like giving, or at least showing, the guts that book Bella talked about but didn't demonstrate as visably, though that can be down to Bella's POV and how Bella didn't see herself as something speical like almost everyone else did), she should have no trouble handling vampire Bella. So what if Speak lead her to being cast as the angsty teen (which Bella sort of is a times), Kristen has nailed every role I've seen her in. So why should BD be any different? Besides, even though critics' opinions are like you know whats and that everyone has one, her performances in the Twilight movie have still impressed critics and Rob himself has said that Kristen and her abilities are the main things that've made the films work out as well as they have on screen.

Can't doubt Kristen's abilites, but what about the material that she's given? That may be another story, though I have no doubt that Kristen will do the best she can with what she's given, and Stephenie should be able to help out there as a producer and being on set.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

That's a good point. Here's to hoping Stephenie can pull out a whole flock of rabbits out of the hat...cause she's going to need more than one to save some parts of her story.
I am also not concerned with any of the actors. I think they have all really "sunk their teeth in" on these roles, have a lot invested and honestly care about the story and films. The three are going far with their futures.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

I was refering to Melissa being a crappy movie writer and that her style (writing one hour long TV shows) doesn't translate to film.

I'm also wondering what Summit will do for Bella's "after" car--the Ferrari. Will it be a 430 or a 458? If Summit gets a deal with Ferrari, it'll likely be a 458. Problem is that 458s have had a tendancy to catch fire, and most have been recalled after 6 have been severly damaged. Granted, Ferrari will look bad if Kristen Stewart got injured/burned in a 458 combusting on set, or even just her being in the car when it errupts will not do their publicity any favors at all.

So what will Summit do about the Ferrari? If they have a promo deal (like they have with Volvo), it'll be a 458, if they can get them one that won't burn itself to the ground.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Chernaudi~ Please do not even get me started on how badly Summit has totally screwed up with the cars in The Saga. So many see it as such an insignificant thing to get worked up over. So many in the fandom just laughed when many of us got our knickers in a twist over the whole Edward-driving-a-soccermom-SUV in New Moon and Eclipse. What they did with the Volvo was bad enough in Twilight. I mean, with the budget and all, I could at least fathom that decision, to go with a less expensive silver model. But, the whole switch just completely floored me. They totally blew it and the excuse they gave was beyond lame, especially AFTER Volvo came on board as sponsors. They easily could have asked for the S80, which increased both production and sales after the book tie in became well publicized. But, Bella's BD cars.. I shudder to think what they are going to do there. I honestly don't think they are going to bring in a Mercedes s600 (the car upon which Bella's "Guardian" is based). But, given the cameo of Alice's Porsche in Eclipse, I could be wrong. Maybe, for once, they'll surprise us and actually feature the actual cars. With SM's presence and her understanding of exactly WHY these cars were chosen and why they are important, we could get lucky. But, I'm not holding my breath.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

SwanCullen wrote:I know this is going to sound weird, but I am worried about how Kristen Stewart will do as Vampire Bella. Bella changes SO much in BD I just wonder how KStew will pull it off. It's not that I don't think she could do it, just HOW she will do it you know?
Like Caryn, I don't think you should worry...if you saw the photoshoot Rob and Kstew did for Harper Bazaar you could see that Kstew is easily turned into a porceline doll..like this pic ad the red eyes and Alice clothing and I think she'll pull it off without a doubt...
Jazz Girl wrote:I shudder to think what they are going to do there. I honestly don't think they are going to bring in a Mercedes s600 (the car upon which Bella's "Guardian" is based). But, given the cameo of Alice's Porsche in Eclipse, I could be wrong. Maybe, for once, they'll surprise us and actually feature the actual cars.
If mercedes is smart they lent them the car... look at what Edward driving a volvo has done for that company...
the cameo of the Porche was a surprise seeing as she admitted steeling it in Italy in NM, now it suddenly looked like the Cullens were Okay with Alice's grand theft auto...

but I agree I hated the car switch they made for Edward...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house