Vampire Diaries --TV series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Re: Vampire Diaries --TV series

Post by BlueStarEgo »

General:
1. What do you think of season two so far? Compared to season one?
I love it. I haven't been disappointed yet. =)
2. Who is your favorite character, and why?
Damon..... I don't know if it's just because Damon's character is awesome or Ian himself is awesome :lol: when I figure it out I'll come back to this question.
3. Who is your least favorite character, and why?
I don't really hate anyone right now. I've expressed a large amount of dislike for Bonnie, but, I'm still working with her lol. Since Caroline is a vampire now it seems like she's working on her attitude toward them a bit. She still isn't my favorite but she's climbing the success ladder =)
4. Favorite quote from Bad Moon Rising?
Damon: If you want to see me naked all you have to do is ask. (it was another one but I can't remember.)

Bonnie:
1. Does she believe her friend will make it?
I don't know. It's obvious that she has doubts about her though. But I commend her on trying.
2. Could/Would she really take the spell off of Caroline's ring (therefor putting Caroline in danger) if Caroline killed anyone else?
Yes, i think Bonnie would do it in a heartbeat. I actually thought that was Bonnie in Caroline's room at the end but it was Katherine........Booooooooooooooooo.
3. What will she do about the Matt incident?
Somehow punish Caroline. I think she'll ask questions last lol.
4. Will she dislike werewolves, or perhaps form an alliance with them?
Good question! I think she's want to know more about them if she doesn't know already. I don't think an alliance will be made unless everybody decides to do it. Monkey see, monkey do :)

Stefan:
1. How does he really feel about Damon (and Damon's behavior) right now?
He's really cautious around him. He knows Damon hasn't fully recovered.
2. Does he already see the parallels between his relationship with Elena, and the relationship between Caroline and Matt?
Yes.
3. Could he ever leave Elena? Even if it was for her own good?
Yep. It'd be hard but I think he could and would do it.

Elena:
1. Does she really hate Damon as much as she says?
She still feels a lot of resentment toward him. She doesn't want to forgive him easily.
2. Did you agree with her at the end of the episode?
Yes.
3. What will Elena find in the book about Katherine?
I have no idea.

Damon:
1. Damon said that Katherine is from Germany. Will Klaus come to Mystic Falls (read the books if you don't know who Klaus is, but basically he is the extremely old vampire who turned Katherine)?
2. Will he snap again after Elena's rejection, or just try harder then ever to win her over?
I think he'd try harder.
3. Was he right about Elena being more like Katherine then anyone ever gave her credit for?
No.

Isobel:
1. How did she hear about Katherine, and what all does she know?
Pass.

Caroline:
1. Will she make it as a vampire?
Hopefully. She needs to take it seriously and try a lot harder.
2. Is Aimee Bradley going to be involved with Matt? How will Caroline take it?
I think so. Caroline will be jealous but maybe see that it's best if Matt is distanced.
3. Will she get back together with Matt/Will Matt get back together with her?
Maybe later.

Tyler/Mason:
1. When will Tyler turn?
Maybe he needs to be "pushed" hard enough...? lol
2. What will Tyler think of the supernatural world?
I think he already knows more than it seems like.
3. What does Mason think about the supernatural world?
It's a curse. I don't really think he wants to be part of it.
4. Does he like being a werewolf, or is it really a curse to him?
Above.
5. How did the werewolves play a part in what went down in 1864?
Maybe some of the council members were wolves.
6. What was your reaction to Mason in chains? (lol)
SWOON! =)
7. Will Mason go after the vampires? Did he know about them already?
Yea, I think he knew about them but doesn't want to go after them. He knows he's a werewolf and that there's obviously vamps in Mystic Falls and yet he stayed away.

Katherine:
1. What does she want with Caroline? Was this her plan when she turned Caroline?
I think Katherine wants to use Caroline as a a sidekick :lol:
2. Did Katherine try to break Caroline and Matt's relationship with compulsion, because it would isolate Caroline from her humanity and also because of the parallels between the Maroline relationship and Stelena?
I don't think so.
3. Has she been watching everything that's happened the past two episodes?
Yep. Why not stay and watch all of the hell that you've started?
4. What will she reveal in Memory Lane (episode 4)?
I'm guessing some oober good secrets lol.
5. What has she been doing the past two episodes?
Plotting.
6. Did she know Elena looked like her before Isobel came back? Did she somehow make Elena look and act the way she does?
I think she knew and had a part in making her that way.
7. How did she get into Caroline's house?
Maybe Liz answered the door and thought she was Elena.

I had teeny tiny question for you guys lol. If it's been answered already in previews for future episodes then just let me know. I don't watch the previews because I don't want anything to be spoiled.

In the scene where Mason/wolf attacks Stefan, Tyler tells him to stop and Mason does so. Do you think it's because Tyler is somehow an Alpha of some sort? Maybe his dad was an Alpha before he died and now Tyler is....does this question make sense? Lol.
Last edited by BlueStarEgo on Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
aussie-twigirl
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by aussie-twigirl »

General:
I love it, of course!
Hard one. I love all the characters for different reasons. Can't choose just one.
3. Why is your least favorite character, and why?
Same as above
"You hated me before and we became friends. It would suck if that was gone forever." - Damon Salvatore.

Bonnie:
She hopes she will.
2. Could/Would she really take the spell off of Caroline's ring (therefor putting Caroline in danger) if Caroline killed anyone else?
If she had a reason too, yeah i think she would. Maybe?
I have no idea. But I hope she can make it work.
Well, they can kill her. And Caroline's not one to make alliances with those she thinks are enemys.

Stefan:
He doesn't like it. But the more he pushes his opinion on Damon, the more Damon refuses. Stefan knows this.
2. Does he already see the parallels between his relationship with Elena, and the relationship between Caroline and Matt?
It's similar, but not the same, you know?
If it was for her own good? Yeah. But he would never truly leave her.

Elena:
Not as much as she says/thinks. She's angry, yeah. But i think maybe deep deep down she LIKES him (AS A FRIEND).
Yeah.
Your guess is as good as mine

Damon:
1. Damon said that Katherine is from Germany. Will Klaus come to Mystic Falls (read the books if you don't know who Klaus is, but basically he is the extremely old vampire who turned Katherine)?
O.M.G. I sooo hope so!
2. Will he snap again after Elena's rejection, or just try harder then ever to win her over?
Both? Snap, then try harder.
3. Was he right about Elena being more like Katherine then anyone ever gave her credit for?
No. I don't think so. Elena has a good heart. Katherine is pure evil.

Isobel:
I don't know. But I wanna find out!

Caroline:
I really really hope so. But it's not promising with Katherine's involvement.
I think we've only seen the beginning of this Amiee Bradley chick! And Carolines reactions can't be good.
I think they should. But the way Caroline's acting doesn't make it look good

Tyler/Mason:
1. When will Tyler turn?
I think he should of in this ep. Mason's warning about taking the party inside? But maybe the moonstone has something to do with preventing it from happening.
[/b]He'll be freaked![/b]
He doesn't trust it.
Would you like it? I think not.
I don't know.
;)
Yeah i think he might have known about them. Maybe?

Katherine:
1. What does she want with Caroline? Was this her plan when she turned Caroline?
With Katherine, no one knows. But i think she has planned this from the start.
2. Did Katherine try to break Caroline and Matt's relationship with compulsion, because it would isolate Caroline from her humanity and also because of the parallels between the Maroline relationship and Stelena?
Interesting theory. But i don't think C and M were compelled by Kat. Caroline's personality is very heightened. She was neurotic and jealous and selfish before she vamped up, it's just more now.
She's totally been watching!
No idea. But can't WAIT to find out!
Watching. Scheming. Being Katherine.
6. Did she know Elena looked like her before Isobel came back? Did she somehow make Elena look and act the way she does?
No and no.
I have no idea! Maybe pretend to be Elena at some point and get the Sheriff to invite her in.

Chrissy- I'm unsure WHY Mason listened to Tyler. But the Alpha thing sounds a bit too much like La Push wolves. I mean, you could be right about the theory but right now, it seems toooooo twilighty.

Speaking of twilight, anyone else notice/annoyed that Mason-Wolf looked A LOT like our La Push friends?

:mrgreen:
TY KYM!! =)
Paige I'm on the ListV2!
Edward|Emmett|Quil|Carlisle|Alice
SHIEGE and PIEGE = TWINS *~* KYM IS MY TSB
My Blog - Kaleidoscopic Dreams
PhoebeJ
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PhoebeJ »

General:

Love it!!! I think it's so much better than season 1. Mainly because they've really made this series a lot more dramatic and exciting. It's so much darker! And just awesome.
This is such an unfair question! How am I supposed to pick a favourite!
I love Damon. I will always love Damon. But was a complete jerk when he killed Jeremy-and he didn't know about the ring! But he was so sweet in this episode! And so I love him again.
I really like Caroline too though! I liked her before, but this series she is just awesome! I think she is going to be a major character this series.
3. Who is your least favorite character, and why?
Everyone said Bonnie! Why Bonnie??? I like Bonnie! She's not a favourite, but I like her. I don't have a least favourite, I like them all!
I really didn't get a favourite from this ep. Maybe Damon when he said that it would suck if their friendship was gone forever. It was just so sweet.

Bonnie:

No, but she hopes she will. I think Bonnie is just really scared, because everything is so crazy and vampirey.
I think she would. Bonnie really cares about people, and if Caroline was going to hurt people then it would be better to stop it before an unnecessary amount of people got hurt.
I don't think she'll be too happy about it. But she won't do anything. She'll like give Caroline a warning. It's clear enough that Caroline was pretty upset about it.
I hadn't thought about that, I guess she's going to want to know more about them. An alliance...I don't know. I think it's unlikely.

Stefan:

He's being very wary of him. And that's a good thing. I'm not sure he really knows what to think.
Yeah. It is pretty similar. And he can use it to make Caroline be a good vampire.
I think he could. But I don't think he ever would. I think Elena is more likely to leave him.

Elena:

She thinks she does. But she doesn't. Damon will get her back eventually.
Well I get where she's coming from, I'd be pretty angry if someone killed my brother. So I suppose if I was in her situation then yes I agree with her. But I'm not Elena, and Ian is hot so no I disagree.
I really don't know, but I cannot wait to find out!

Damon:

Oooh, interesting. This would be exciting. But I don't know...There's quite a lot of drama going on at the moment, so I don;t know if they'd want to create any more.
I think he's going to try and win her over. And he will succeed :D
Hmm. Well yes in a way, Elena isn't as saintlike as she was in season 1, but Katherine is pure evil whereas Elena is good really, she just has a darker side, like everyone.

Isobel:

Ahh I really don't knowww. But it is all very interesting...and exciting. and I definitely cannot wait till next week!

Caroline:

I really hope so!
This is bad. Because Caroline is going to hate her, and she really needs to not hate humans. She can't kill anybody. But I don't think Matt would...he loves Caroline.
I hope so. She needs him! I think Matt will find out about her and then they will sort things out. Stefan will help.

Tyler/Mason:
1. When will Tyler turn?

Soooon!
I get the feeling he's going to be a bit freaked out by it, but then end up being really immature about the whole thing and screwing every up.
He doesn't like it. He's not happy about being part of it and he wants to help Tyler.
It's a curse.
I don't know, but I think they were part of it. At least I hope they were. It would be cool.
*swoon* So sweet! He clearly really didn't want to hurt anybody so he was doing all he could to prevent it.
I think he knew about them, and he wants to hurt them. But I think Stefan will be able to convince him not to harm him and Caroline.

Katherine:

She's going to use her against Stefan, Damon and Elena. I don't know how though. It was her plan all along. She's definitely up to something.
No. Katherine had nothing to do with it. But it will probably be of benefit to her anyway. Unfortunately.
Yes. She's going to watch everyone very closely so she can use it against them. Also useful when pretending to be Elena.
Why she's back? I hope! And maybe we will get to find out what really happened in 1864.
Watching and waiting. Plotting and planning. Generally being an evil *****
I don't know. Maybe.
Well maybe Liz let her in thinking she was Elena, but it was like night time...She got into Elena's house too. I don't this is a mistake, it's significant somehow.
Team Jasper Team Damon I'm on the ListV2
Love you all so much!
My Blog
rapid_reader1
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Watching for The Vampire Diaries season two, and Glee season two!!

Post by rapid_reader1 »

Chrissy, I've been thinking about that too, and I think he had the moonstone in his pocket, and it either gave him power over other wolves, kept him from turning, or maybe he's the 'alpha' now because his father used to be. Idk! :)

Vampire Academy forever! Team Damirian because both own my heart

ALSEW Awesome League of Extraordinary SKIT Writers

ILoveAliceCullen<3 is the best VFF ever!
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Paige: Don't just look at that like Twilight. Any pack would need an Alpha or else I think a group of wolves would be a bit chaotic :lol:

Rapid: Oh, I didn't think about him having the stone! That could have been why.

Dreading this whole week, looking foward to Thursday! :D
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
PhoebeJ
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PhoebeJ »

Oooh I hadn't thought about the moonstone thing either! Maybe that is why! That would be pretty interesting.
And I agree with Chrissy, every wolf pack needs an Alpha! Hehe. So maybe it is Tyler.
Or maybe Mason just recognised Tyler and didn't want to hurt anybody in front of him. But that would be boring. So I hope it's one of the other options :P
Team Jasper Team Damon I'm on the ListV2
Love you all so much!
My Blog
aussie-twigirl
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by aussie-twigirl »

yeah, but my point is that maybe these wolves aren't the wolf-pack kinda wolves, you know? It make sense for Tyler to be alpha. But if they are doing the whole wolf pack thing and all then it's another example of the VD writers making the show MORE like Twilight. I love what they've been doing for the show, I just wish it wasn't buying into the twilight craze, you know? It felt like this in the begining of season 1 but then it became it's own. But now the wolf pack thing it's odd. I mean yeah tyler should be wolf, but i don't like the uncle! Just keep it like VD, cause it's good on it's own!!!!!

Sorry about my little rant! I hope that made sense?! Ignore this if you want ^^^

As for the moonstone thing, that seems like a good explanation as to why Tyler didn't change into the wolf. It must be how the Major avoided changing wolf every full moon!? Otherwise, wouldn't someone, (like his wife!), notice him going weird each month? :lol:
TY KYM!! =)
Paige I'm on the ListV2!
Edward|Emmett|Quil|Carlisle|Alice
SHIEGE and PIEGE = TWINS *~* KYM IS MY TSB
My Blog - Kaleidoscopic Dreams
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

I've had another question that has been on my mind for a while. I wanted to ask after everyone answered discussion questions. It seems like everyone has, if not, I'm sorry I overlooked you!

In season 1 Stefan and Elena have sex, make love, however you want to say it or whatever floats your boat :lol:, how did you guys feel about that? I had a small conversation with someone at school and she made a few points about how the show is aimed for both young and older adults and Elena is still in high school. Did you think that whole situation happened a bit too soon? Do you have any other thoughts on that or anything else you find questionable?

(in TVD defense, I think they only showed slight love scenes between those 2 twice =)
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Chrissy: I didn't think it was too soon because it's, essentially, the norms of our society today. Kids at my school will only date for a month or two and have sex together. Hell, most people aren't even dating the person they sleep with. Is it right? That really depends on your own moral values. But as for the show putting it in there, I didn't really think anything of it. Twilight was too virtuous for me. What two teenagers are that moral? Don't get me wrong because not having sex isn't uncommon and doesn't put you on the outskirts of society but it just seems unlikely in the kind of love story Bella and Edward had.
rapid_reader1
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Watching for The Vampire Diaries season two, and Glee season two!!

Post by rapid_reader1 »

BlueStarEgo wrote:In season 1 Stefan and Elena have sex, make love, however you want to say it or whatever floats your boat :lol:, how did you guys feel about that? I had a small conversation with someone at school and she made a few points about how the show is aimed for both young and older adults and Elena is still in high school. Did you think that whole situation happened a bit too soon? Do you have any other thoughts on that or anything else you find questionable?
I totally understand why some people might be upset that Stefan and Elena had sex while she was still in high school, especially because some of the TVD viewers are so young. Personally, I don't mind, because I know it's TV. Things like that are going to happen. They do. Turn on any TV right now, and you'll probably see a commercial that relates to sex in some way. Let's face it, it's what draws people in!

TVD features some deep and controversial situations. Jeremy started out season one by taking drugs. His girlfriend was also dating another guy, and she definately had some problems. Damon drinks human blood, frequently kills people and doesn't (or, rather, didn't) feel bad about it. To him, it was okay.
Elena isn't the only teen on TVD who gets into sexual situations. I've had it pointed out before that no two characters can sit on a bed and not end up making out in the show. That's obviously not true, but you can see where they're coming from. Sex is a part of TVD. Caroline, a high school girl, had sex with Damon, a much older boy, within just a few episodes!

So my point to this long post, is that yes, some things shown in TVD might not be age appropriate. They do show a rating, and it's up to the young viewers parents whether or not the show is right for them. Hopefully these viewers know what they're getting into.

Vampire Academy forever! Team Damirian because both own my heart

ALSEW Awesome League of Extraordinary SKIT Writers

ILoveAliceCullen<3 is the best VFF ever!