Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Worried about Breaking Dawn?

Post by GrayceM »

Now, as we all have seen there is no key plot point too important to be cut from the movies, so I'm not sure there's a reason to worry over any of this. Some of the added stuff is cool and seems to work, but there's sooo much that is missing it almost makes my head hurt. Some little things, some not so small. Examples: Jasper's ability not being mentioned in Twilight at all. The extent of Bella and Alice's friendship. Alice's history and where James fit into that. The Denali Coven and thier ties to the Cullens. Also, their reason behind the refusal to take part in the fight with the newborns. Quil and Claire's imprint. Switzerland. Alice kidnapping Bella. Bloodtyping. Edward's fight scenes. The month that Edward tries to ignore Bella (understandably left out). Jacob's "Sure, sure". Irina's reason for going to see the Cullens. I'm sure ya'll can add to this list so need I continue?
The point is that even though we fuss or complain about them leaving out our favorite scenes or lines, or adding a personality trait that we're not too fond of, the story that we love is still out there in movie form. We can read the books over and over and then picture, Rob, Taylor, Kristen or Peter or Billy making the scene we're reading. We can use our imaginations to see the scenes we love the most. I'll just be glad to have all the DvD's lined up on my shelf so I can watch them back to back whenever I want. 2013 can't come quick enough ;)
Grayce
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Problem is that Melissa and Summit are make the movies for the fans. They assume that most of the people watching have read the books or at least cheated and looked the stuff up on Wikipedia or the Twilight Saga wiki page. Mostly true, but not true enough to be an absolute precise blanket statement.

Hence, some explanation is in order, and that's where I feel that Melissa, Summit and the producers have been lacking.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

corona wrote: The howl thing is a little trickier, it depends upon how they set it up. I am not saying to take the howl out, just that I bet they will. The way it is written, Jacob comes off very poorly, in my opinion, for his treatment of Bella at the wedding. Seth and Sam have to drag Jacob off from the reception, and then Bella and Edward leave eventually for their honeymoon some time later, after they have changed out of their clothes and said their goodbyes to everyone. In other words, plenty of time for Jacob to get back home. But he doesn't go back home, he lingers close by so that when they are leaving he can give Bella his howl of pain as a parting gift. Nice.
I feel like an idiot now. I never realized/picked up on that. He should have been long gone by then.
I bet the howl's left out. MR seems to lean toward making Jacob look like the "good guy" and Edward the "bad guy". I swear I think she's Team Jacob sometimes.

I'm trying really hard not to worry too much. That's the good thing about there being 2 movies. That gives them plenty of time to cover what needs to be.

I bet thanks to them trying to add action & what not to the other movies that even though there's not one at the end of BD the book there will be a fight of some kind in the movie.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Pennybug84~ The timing of Jacob’s howl is something I also completely missed the first few reads through. Something I didn’t mention before in my prior comments is that Bella also dances with several other people at the wedding before Alice tells them they need to go. So, a considerable amount of time has elapsed between Jacob being dragged off and Bella and Edward leaving. I would say at the very least an hour, maybe two or more. Bella sees her parents, perhaps for the very last time, and is thinking of them as Edward hits the end of the Cullen drive and gets onto the highway when Jacob unleashes his howl. Jacob, Jacob, Jacob. Yes, even though this is Bella's wedding day, it’s really all about you. Such a nice boy.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

In case you didn't see the front page, Kristen has given interviews while on Welcome to the Rileys promo about what she knows (or at least is allowed to tell for now) about Breaking Dawn. She talks about, among other things, Bella's journey into motherhood, how much Mackenzie looks like her and Rob, Bella's wedding dress, Isle Esme and so on. Kristen says that Stephenie is the main one in charge of the wedding dress.

Any opionons on what Miss Stewart has said?
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

pennybug84

Post by pennybug84 »

1) I was kind of surprised she hasn't seen the dress! Other actors have talked about doing wardrobe fittings so I assumed Kristen would have to & that she would have tried on the dress. I was kind of disappointed I wanted something about the dress, anything at all. (Maybe the kind of style, is it a pure white dress, etc) I really can't wait to see it!! But I bet that's one thing (along with pretty much everything wedding related) they will keep under tight security & we probably won't get the chance to see until Nov 2011. I really want to see a pic or something from the wedding. (At the same time I don't because I kind of want to be surprised & see it when I see the movie.)

2) I thought it was so funny how in the MTV one the interviewer asked about feathers. And she was like yeah. Feathers have to be in there that's a given. So made me laugh & smile & actually kind of fangirl giddy.

3)It was kind of funny when sh was like No I haven't met my daughter yet & she was like woah that' weird. It is so crazy how Mackenzie looks like her & Rob. And it's funny that that's what BC told her. I follow @Nessiemackenzie on twitter (a fanrun blog on Mackenzie) and they say she is in Baton Rouge & that they'll hopefully be able to post some pics of Mackenzie with Rob & Kristen at some point. (Most likely just set pics.) That'll be fun to see.

4)I love how she's excited for BD & being able to portray the Bella of BD & what she goes through. When she said she's excited I'm like you're not the only one.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

I loved all the interviews with Kristen, especially the rough cut by MTV. She seem so much more comfortable and herself. But, although I love the little bits of news about BD, I do feel bad for her that BD is almost getting more press while she is promoting WTTR.

I recently saw some pictures of the set in Baton Rouge. Can't remember where and you only saw a fence and the front of a building. Could have been just any random building and didn't seem to be worth mentioning, but you know the press...
Anyways, it got me thinking about how they're probably doing the interior scenes in Baton Rouge and the exterior scenes later in Vancouver. Do you guys think that is sort of a risk? I know from the previous movies that they've always had an interior set nearby so that they could shoot there when the weather was too bad to shoot outside.
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

I don't know what Summit plans to do with BD-production, though with the storms there recently I'd expect production to have slowed somewhat.

And I have to agree. BD is sort of overshadowing Kristen and her work in WTTR. She busts her butt to do what she does, be it the Twilight Saga or any other film. But BD is more mainstream, will make a ton more money, and is what she's known for. In fact, if anyone reading this get's Lifetime on their cable or satellite TV, watch or TV their showing of The Messengers. Count how many times the announcer says "Twilight's Kristen Stewart" when going to or coming back from commercial.

Fame is a double edged sword, as Kristen herself can atest to--it gives her projects noteriety, but can also overshadow them at the same time.

pennybug84

Post by pennybug84 »

^^You guys are right it is happening. Even James Gandolfini was asked in an interview about Twilight. It does kind of stink for her & the movie she is trying to promote.

I feel bad now. Thanks guys. :oops: I am just happy to hear any BD news. And I won't go see Welcome To The Rileys because I don't watch Rated R films.

Chernaudi: I noticed the same thing when I watched Speak a month or so ago now. It happens. But I've also notices Lifetime showing Speak, The Messengers & In The Land of Women not really regularly but every so often since she became famous for TW & that's good in the fact it gets her other movies shown & more people watch them.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Actually, Speak had a deal with Showtime and CBS to show Speak at the same time it premered on Showtime back in 2005. Ironically, Summit has licensed Showtime/CBS to have TV rights to all the Twilight Saga movies, it seems. I think that they probably want to show some of Kristen's non-Twilight movies, because ILOW is a romance dramedy, the Messengers is a horror/thriller flick with a female lead, and Speak is an "infotainment" film in so far as it's a film that also informs people of what rape victims go though and what we should try and do for them by showing us WHAT not to do.

However, because she's popular with yonger women especially, but women in general because of Twilight, it does give them more reason to show those films that they've been licensed to show. At least they know their audience, but it's sad and ironic, me being a guy, that Lifetime is the only place to see much of Kristen's non-Twilight work. I'll bet that Lifetime probably eventually show The Cake Eaters, and a heavily edited version of WTTR in the future. It's nice that Lifetime shows these films, but not all of Kristen's fans (or those of Twilight!:) ) are women--guys like her, too.