Vampire Diaries --TV series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Vampire Diaries --TV series

Post by Twilight<3 »

Sorry I haven't been on in ages. I had a Scottish exchange student in town for a while and I got home after midnight every single day. It was so hectic (but so fun!); I'm back, though, and wow. What an episode. Also, before I continue, I agree that the questions were too long and intimidating for me to bother with them just because of my lack of time. I'm sorry!

I really enjoyed that episode. And before, I was never as appreciative of Nina's acting as I know the rest of you all are, but this episode, I don't know what it was, she did a fabulous job. Especially when Damon put her in the tomb. Everything about that scene was absolutely brilliant. And, as much as I want to hate Katherine, I really felt for her in that scene. And Damon. Aw, that was heartbreaking.

Bonnie and Jeremy, yes, definitely. They made it a bit too obvious, though. Normally, shows will build it up but it was just kind of thrown at us this episode. It's clear what is going to happen, they even showed scenes from next week's episode that make it clear they are going to have a "thing" so poor relationship development there.

Also, I really liked Tyler in this episode. Before, I found him really annoying and his plot worthless but no, I'm curious to see where his story will take us. Caroline and Tyler? Yes, I like that. Anyone else?
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I was a bit surprised and actually happy that she didn't go back to Stefan at the end. Just wondering if that's making room for Delena *crosses fingers*.

A vamp and werewolf romance wouldn't surprise me. Although I really like Caroline and Matt together and was a bit sad when they had to break up. I also really like Alaric and Jenna together..I hope nothing happens to them!
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

I was more confused than anything that Elena didn't immediately go back to Stefan after the removal of Katherine. I am ALWAYS hoping there will be a Delena. I think it won't ever happen though. But, a girl can always wish! =)

I like Alaric and Jenna together too. I think it'l be a strain on their relationship though if Alaric will keep helping the vamps with their "supernatural" issues. Do you guys think Jenna will ever be clued in about what's going on?

I still can't take Matt & Caroline serious. I have no idea why. I think It just appears to "televison-ish". That probably won't make sense to any of you but I just can't take them as a couple serious.

I never thought Nina's acting was SUPER amazing. She was always just "ok" to me. I agree, at the end when Katherine was stuck in the tomb, Nina's acting ability shined a lot brighter. She did a great job. Ian was as awesome as ever :D
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
rapid_reader1
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Watching for The Vampire Diaries season two, and Glee season two!!

Post by rapid_reader1 »

Hey all :D Looking forward to another awesome TVD episode tomorrow?

I bought, read, and finished Stefan's Diaries: Origins yesterday :D It's only about half the length of a normal TVD book, but it was pretty good :) I'm not sure how to feel about Katherine...reading how he fell in love with her thought his eyes makes me hate her a lots less.

For those wondering, here's the schedule for TVD the next few months is as follows:

Nov 4: Rose (208)
Nov 11: Katerina (209)
Nov 18: Bad Moon Rising (203)
Nov 25: Kill or Be Killed (205)
Dec 2: The Sacrifice (210)
Dec 13: The Return (201) & Brave New World (202)
Dec 14: Bad Moon Rising (203) & Memory Lane (204)
Dec 15: Kill Or Be Killed (205) & Plan B (206)
Dec 16: Masquerade (207) & Rose (209)
Dec 17: Katerina (209) & The Sacrifice (210)

Vampire Academy forever! Team Damirian because both own my heart

ALSEW Awesome League of Extraordinary SKIT Writers

ILoveAliceCullen<3 is the best VFF ever!
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

Oh boo to the reruns! I'll withhold my comments about tonight's episode for later.

BlueStarEgo: I can understand what you mean by Caroline and Matt. It does seem forced. I wonder if she'll end up with Tyler. Plus, I wonder what happened to Matt after the Masquerade episode.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

I was on youtube last night looking for a video when I came across this awesome Delena video. Take a look. :)
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Holy Mother of Corn Chips, I forgot to watch last night! I swear I have NO idea how that happened! Early yesterday morning I remembered that it was Thursday and all but around 7 it completely slipped my mind! I turned on my TV late last night and saw the recording on my DVR and nearly fainted. I can't believe I forgot it was on. I'm so glad DVR's exist. Or else I'd be sitting here SOL and VD-less.

I'm watching tonight though so I'l be back maybe Sunday with a review! =)

cullengirl: That's the word I was looking for, FORCED! It just doesn't seem genuine. Like maybe in season 1, a relationship between them was the only way to go. Just watched the video. NICE! That is so going on my iPod :D I like the way whoever made it strung together those scenes. It was perfect (the way the show should be! :D ).
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
rapid_reader1

Post by rapid_reader1 »

Hey all! :D AWESOME episode of TVD last night! Welcome to the weekend!

Btw, my favorite Delena video: Damon & Elena: Please don't go. Powerful, amazing, I needed a tissue for it :ugeek:

Okay, so this is the first run of the shortened question experience. Let me know what you think! :D Suggestions are encouraged!

1. Any comments about the character, episode, or season in general.
2. Is Katherine working with anyone? What is her agenda?
3. At what point will Damon reach his breaking point? What will happen?
4. Do you see Caroline and Tyler getting together?
5. Do you see Bonnie and Jeremy Bond getting together?
6. What are the limits to Bonnie's power? Will she ever be permanently hurt by it?
7. Who are the Old Ones? What are they doing, and what else do they do (besides hunt down doppelgangers and sacrifice them)?

Any other questions? I'm still getting used to this overall-questions thing :)

rapid_reader1

Post by rapid_reader1 »

Now to answer my own questions! :D

1. Any comments about the character, episode, or season in general.
Okay, so this will end up being very long, I'm sure, but this has all been buzzing in my head for the last 24 hours, so it's a relief to get it out.
All along, we thought Elena was a doppelganger of Katherine. Little did we know, Katherine is actually a doppelganger too! Who was the original doppelganger? What supernatural expierences and ties did she have? Why did she put that spell over vampires and werewolves? And what exactly is a doppelganger, and the mooonstone?

This episode really is amazing. Two weeks ago, I was incredably angry at Katherine for hurting people. Now, I feel sympathy and pity for her. Can you imagine what her life must have been like before and after turning into a vampire? Strange people trying to kill her for reasons she didn't understand, then being turned into something against her will, and having no idea what that was? I think it's very understandable that she turned out the way she did.

Who is Katherine working for? In this episode, Rose's brother was killed because he was working for someone else when he turned Katherine into a vampire, therefore making her blood unusable. Who is he working for? And I'm assuming Kat's working for them, because she said the doppelganger needs to be protected.

What is going to happen with Caroline and Tyler? Will he end up attacking her? Eh, I'm having Buffy flashbacks. lol

Damon/Stefan/Elena! I've never loved him more, or been so proud. A lot of people were (understandably) upset when he erased her memory of their conversation. I realized last night that I was 100% more proud of him then I would have been if he hadn't erased her memory. But as we all know, nothing in the world of Vampire Diaries happens for no reason. This conversation will come back at some point. I don't think Damon will say anything, because he didn't after he kissed her, but that only leave's Elena, who's been compelled to forget...is she going to turn this season?

I have this feeling that Alaric is going to die this season. After that Old Vamp came back to life after being staked (No. WAY.) I was thinking "They're going to need more firepower" and that made me think of him. I predict that he and Jenna will have this big relationship, and then he'll die and Jenna will finally find out about the supernatural world.

Who is Rose? How old is she? Why is she helping the MF vamps? What does she hope to get out of it? How can she help them?

What are the Old Ones going to do now that they know Elena exists? What will they do to Katherine?

Is Elena going to get back with Stefan?

Next episode: It's completely understandable that Elena would go to Katherine for information, but what does she hope to get out of it? And how weird is it to see them bonding? Very weird. Unnatural, almost.

2. Is Katherine working with anyone? What is her agenda?
As I said above, I def. think she's working with someone. And that means...*GASP* Katherine is...one of the good guys???

3. At what point will Damon reach his breaking point? What will happen?
I know this is kinda a random question, but at some point, will it become too much for him? To pretend that it's okay to watch Elena be with his brother? Also, did anyone else pick up on the competitive side of Damon that came out when he discovered that Stefan's been using Elena for blood?

4. Do you see Caroline and Tyler getting together?
I think they might, but that would be very complicated.

5. Do you see Bonnie and Jeremy Bond getting together?
Yes! They were so cute :)

6. What are the limits to Bonnie's power? Will she ever be permanently hurt by it?
She's obviously doing too much, with too little recovery time in between. I understand why she doesn't want to tell anyone, but it could be very hazardous to her health if she doesn't.

7. Who are the Old Ones? What are they doing, and what else do they do (besides hunt down doppelgangers and sacrifice them)?
Well they've obviously been doing something in the past 150 years since Kat disappeared off the face of the earth. Is it hunting down those who work against them?

rapid_reader1

Post by rapid_reader1 »

Watch the 'Katerina' promo here. No clip yet, but I wouldn't hold my breath :(

Reminder: Katerina synopsis:
[KATHERINE’S PAST IS REVEALED — Elena puts herself in a dangerous position as she searches for the truth about Katherine’s past and what her own future may hold. Knowing that Stefan would never agree to her plan, Elena swears Caroline to secrecy. Damon uses a new-found confidant to help him try to discover the real purpose and power of the moonstone. Jeremy and Bonnie meet Luka (guest star Bryton James), a new student with a surprising family history.]