Vampire Diaries --TV series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Re: Vampire Diaries --TV series

Post by BlueStarEgo »

1. Any comments about the character, episode, or season in general.
I LOVED IT! Definitely added to my list of favorites. I loved seeing Bonnie and Jeremy bond, I loved seeing Damon open up even though he was hurt and it took a lot for him to do it. I can tell he still doesn't want to be vunerable because right after he told Elena how he felt, he compelled her. I thought in the scene where she runs to Stefan and thank him, she could have thanked Damon a bit better than that BS whisper she gave him.
2. Is Katherine working with anyone? What is her agenda?
I think she's working with someone or has some type of backup plan. She didn't count on that other witch turning on her so she's caught off guard. Not sure what's on her agenda exactly but of course she has one! That's why she chose to "talk" when Damon closed uo the tomb on her. She'll always need leverage.
3. At what point will Damon reach his breaking point? What will happen?
Awwww, I feel so bad for him! My heart hurts right along with Damon. Hopefully he won't his his breaking point. I pray he'll find what it is he's looking for. Elena is taken. He seess that. Plus I'm still waiting on the producers to call me so I can be casted next. ;)
4. Do you see Caroline and Tyler getting together?
No. She's lying to him. Yes, she ants to help and all but it'll be too much at stake for her to honestly open up to him. If it does happen thought I think it'll be pretty cool. I hate her and Matt. Ew, just ew.
5. Do you see Bonnie and Jeremy Bond getting together?
I do! It's insane that I may actually begin to like Bonnie again. Maybe them getting closer strengthen both of their characters. 8-)
6. What are the limits to Bonnie's power? Will she ever be permanently hurt by it?
I think she'll be severely hurt by the season finale. She's spreading herself too think trying to help everyone. I appreciate her being open and giving her energy and all to helping though.
7. Who are the Old Ones? What are they doing, and what else do they do (besides hunt down doppelgangers and sacrifice them)?
Good question! Since I didn't read the books you guys are at a higher advantage than I am. I have no idea who they are or what they do. I'm assuming they are a group of the first vamps.

Did anyone else get the feeling that I did about the Rose chick? She reminded me so much of Alice/Ashley. Just her look. Maybe the hair is what did it for me.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
rapid_reader1
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Watching for The Vampire Diaries season two, and Glee season two!!

Post by rapid_reader1 »

Same!!! She looked just like her!!!

Vampire Academy forever! Team Damirian because both own my heart

ALSEW Awesome League of Extraordinary SKIT Writers

ILoveAliceCullen<3 is the best VFF ever!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I loved this episode. There were so many great developments. We got to see Jeremy and Bonnie bond. Tyler confront Caroline. Stefan and Damon working together. I was ticked off with Elena giving Damon the lame thank you by mouthing the words. Come on! The least she could have done was go to him and verbally say it! Ugh! I was also pissed by the awful pity apology that Stefan gave to Damon. Yeah, I'm still not convinced and still hate him for what he did to Damon.
Knowing Katherine, she probably is. I'm sure she has a back up plan when things shot to hell. I know we'll definitely see more of her.
My heart broke for him. The one small scene where he tells Elena that he loves her, but his brother wants her more and that's more important. Man, it brought tears to my eyes more than when Stelena broke up. He is definitely hurting, but I don't think he's reached a melting point yet.
I think it's leaning towards that way. It would definitely give her an edge to get more info on the werewolves.
I do and they would look cute together!
6. What are the limits to Bonnie's power? Will she ever be permanently hurt by it?
I'm starting to like her more than I did at the beginning. I also think she'll be severely hurt by the season finale. It might even come down to save either Elena or Bonnie. At least that's my guess.
7. Who are the Old Ones? What are they doing, and what else do they do (besides hunt down doppelgangers and sacrifice them)?
They reminded me too much of the Volturi. Yeah, I know the books were printed before TW did, but there seems to be a lot more similarities. If they are that old and powerful, I'm surprised that Katherine and others have escaped them for so long.

LOL, that was my first thought too when I saw Rose. I know I've seen that actress somewhere.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
IloveAliceCullen<3
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by IloveAliceCullen<3 »

The last DE scene was so sad, but I'm definitely grateful that Damon did say it to her. I think the road trip with Stefan was the trigger for Damon to tell Elena. And when she was in danger, you just saw how much he loves her. It was great to see and the love confession scene was so good! I cried, and everytime I see it, I feel the tears again, lol.

So, my thought on what will happen next:
Elena will be confused about her necklace and ask Stefan if he'd given it to her. Stefan will say he didn't. Only person who could have given it back to her is Damon. Elena will be like "Damon? Why don't I remember?" She will feel like 'something is missing' and she will now know that she can't remember that Damon gave it back.
Elena's smart, she will know that 2 + 2 = 4 and figure out Damon compelled her.
Damon will be denying it, of course. Now that he gave himself and all his feelings to Elena, now that he'd let his walls down and told her she didn't deserve him (which is the purest form of love: wanting that the other person is happy even if that is without him/her -reminded me of Rose to Dimitri in Vampire Academy #2), he will deny her. Maybe ignore her.
Though, at some point, he will give in to those pleading dark chocolate brown twinkling eyes and his hidden feelings will be back twice as strong as before.

I don't know when and how this will happen. It will take a lot of episodes, but it will be this way.

I'm sure she is! She always is! She was with Mason and when he died, she got Lucy working with her. I don't think she will ever work alone. I'm not sure what she's up to, but I watched that Katerine Petrova promo and it seems like she's telling Elena her story. Which I will think is GREAT!
That's some sort of bonding and I'd love to if they will be bonded in another way then their looks/boyfriends! Also, in the promo, Katherine says that she won't have to be the sacrifice and then cuts herself. Meaning that Katherine offers her blood, so that Elena has a chance to turn into a vampire. I really can't wait for Thursday!!

As I said, Damon can pretend to ignore his feelings, but I bet he will never get over Elena. I think his breaking point might be when Elena decides to turn into a vampire, or when Elena suggests Katherine's option with Stefan and Damon. I don't think he could handle that.

I totally see Forwood and I love it already, lol. I think it's quite cute. But I'm also a bit afraid of the first full moon..

I can totally see Jonnie and I'm a huge shipper since last Thursday! The scene they shared was so.. intense, lol, I saw an almost kissing scene, haha. Besides, if Jeremy is right and 'everybody dies on him' I would mind less than with Anna, LOL. Bonnie probably won't die though.
And although Bonnie asked Jeremy not to tell anyone, I think Jer should tell Elena what happened with her bloody noise. When she was doing the map-spell her nose bled too. It's weird, Jeremy should tell Elena.

I don't think she will. Bonnie's stronger than we give her credit for. I'm wondering what role Lucy will play, she said she'd come back. Bonnie also said to Stefan that she couldn't break the tomb's spell because she was alone. What if Lucy comes back? She might be able to help Katherine out.
I'm so curious about Elena/Katherine in the next episodes.

First, I think there are 3 Old Ones. In some way they remind me of Aro, Marcus and Caius. So that'd mean Elijah, Klaus and another person.
I think this person might be a woman and be like Elena/Katherine. Maybe an ancestor? I think they talked about 'a third doppelganger' in Rose, but I'm not sure. I think this might get interesting. And why was Elijah haunting Rose/Trevor? Trevor said he had trusted Katherine before. What has Katherine done to him? What could Katherine/Trevor have done that pissed Elijah off?

I'm sure the episode Rose has a LOT of hints and future things, so I surely need to rewatch it. It was very confusing for me though, I had a hard time keeping up, so if someone I said in here isn't correct, please tell me. =D
Damon and Elena, there is definetly love between them.

"There hadn't been butterflies in her stomach, there had been bats."

Damon's POV~ I will be I swear Surrender

rapid_reader1 is the best VFF ever!
rapid_reader1

Post by rapid_reader1 »

I'm loving the posts this week! :D Welcome back everyone!

I've never posted about this before, but now seems like a good time to mention it.

Every episode, Vampire-Diaries.net and Crissy Calhoun team up to post recaps! These are all very insigntful, and an excellent way to put the pieces together into one understandable story line. Beware, every one of these has spoilers from that episode, and the episodes before it.

The Return
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane

rapid_reader1

Post by rapid_reader1 »

Kill or Be Killed
Plan B
Masquerade
Rose

Enjoy!

"Crissy Calhoun is the author of Love You to Death: The Unofficial Companion to The Vampire Diaries. When not obsessively re-watching CW shows, she works as managing editor at ECW Press in Toronto. She blogs on TVD, Gossip Girl, and other random things she falls in love with at crissycalhoun.com and tweets @crissycalhoun."

BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Thanks for all of the links. I don't really read the previews and watch the videos though. I like being surprised. :D

I can't wait until the next episode airs. The very end of last weekss surprised me so much.

I have another quick question.
I haven't been able to watch the episode over yet, so maybe I missed something within the last couple. When the older vamp took Elena's Vervain necklace, she told him the stone was in the tomb with Katherine. That's not true right? I thought the Salvatore's still had the stone. If so, then Elena wasn't really compelled. If she wasn't then, then she wasn't when Damon tried... right?

Sorry if I'm so off. I've only seen the last couple episodes once. I'll watch them again soon. If am I on to something though (hope so! ;D ) then don't completely spoil it. Just say I may be close. =)

Thanks guys, have a great day.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
rapid_reader1

Post by rapid_reader1 »

Sorry, I wish Elena couldn't be compelled, but the moonstone was definatelly left in the tomb with Katherine. I remember it laying next to her when she woke up, and thinking "Shouldn't they have taken that out of there? What, is it suddenly useless now?"

SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

I think that they thought the moonstone would be better locked up along with Katherine. It's not like she would be able to use it while locked up in the tomb, right? Besides, then they would only have to watch one secured place instead of two.
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

I remember! Ok, yea, I do remeber seeing it next to her and asking why they would put it there. Darn it! Wishful thinking I guess. Did anyone else want to add discussion questions before the new episode airs? Nice to see everyone (well, almost everyone. don't worry. I'll get 'em here! =) back and posting again.