What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: What are you reading?

Post by pennybug84 »

Calling on Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

The Hunger Games. I have been wanting to read this for a year now because of all the talk and I finally picked it up at my local library. Can't wait to start it.
Banner by TammyAZ
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Current reading:

1) Metzger's Dog, by Thomas Perry. This is something of a comic thriller; if it were a movie it would be an action comedy, maybe like one of Guy Ritchie's. An intricate plot begins to unfold when a grifter named "Chinese" Gordon breaks into a professor's laboratory, making off with his target, some cocaine, as well as something he hadn't intended to snatch, a secret report prepared for the CIA. I'm enjoying it pretty well so far.

2) There is Power in a Union, by Philip Dray. Dray is a journalist turned historian and a Pulitzer Prize finalist for a previous book. This one is a very engrossing and detailed history of labor unions in the United States.

3) Scoreboard, Baby, by Ken Armstrong and Nick Perry. A few years ago, Armstrong and Perry, reporters for the Seattle Times, did a series of articles on the University of Washington's Rose Bowl champion football team of 2000. They revealed how several key members of the team remained on the field all season, despite having committed serious crimes--one had raped a freshman sorority girl, another had shot a small-time marijuana dealer in a hold-up, etc. This book is an expanded version of their articles.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Just finished Crave by JR Ward

I now have Hush Hush to read and The Iron Duke

Thank you Naureen!!
Jace
Settled in Forks

Post by Jace »

Betrayed by P C Cast & Kristin Cast. Second in House Of Night Series
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Let me know what you think about "The Iron Duke", fan. I'm thinking about picking it up.

Finished:

"Yellow Star" by Jennifer Roy
"Hush" by Eishes Chayil
"Jellaby" by Kean Soo

Currently Reading:

"Fun Home" by Alison Bechdel
"Halo" by Adrionette
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

Ive just finished The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephanie Meyer and found it more interesting that I thought it would be. It was great to see another side of the fight in Eclipse and I found it funny and fascinating when Bree meets and talks about the Cullens from her point of view. Short book in comparison to the saga but very easy to read and I couldnt put it down.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

cullengirl wrote:Let me know what you think about "The Iron Duke", fan. I'm thinking about picking it up.

Finished:

"Yellow Star" by Jennifer Roy
"Hush" by Eishes Chayil
"Jellaby" by Kean Soo

Currently Reading:

"Halo" by Adrionette

Cullengirl- I loved The Iron Duke! There's a prequel of sorts in the anthology Burning Up which was good as well. I'm new to steampunk but I really enjoyed both the prequel and The Iron Duke! P.S. You don't have to read the prequel to enjoy The Iron Duke, but I do recommend reading it because it was entertaining on its own :)

On to Hush, Hush....anyone else notice this time of the year is so busy that reading really slows down!

Thank you Naureen!!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

^^That seems to be the general census. I'll have to get it from the library.

I really liked "Fun Home" which is a memoir in graphic novel format. Given its content of exploring sexuality, I would recommend it for adults only.

I finished and didn't like "Halo" by Alexandria Adornetto, which was really disappointing. It had a really good premise and concept.

Now I'm reading:

Magic Bleeds by Iona Andrews
Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

cullengirl wrote: Currently Reading:

Ah, Alison Bechdel of Bechdel Test fame. I may have to check that out someday.

My current reading:

1) The Enemy, by Lee Child. This is another in the Jack Reacher series; in this one, we go into Reacher's past, when he was still in the military, and has to investigate the death of a general and the disappearance of his briefcase.

2) The "Three Colors" Trilogy, by Geoff Andrew. This is one of the slim volumes in the BFI Modern Classics series, and a good introduction to a trio of the best films of the last 20 years, Krzystof Kieslowski's "Colors Trilogy."

3) Straight Up, by Joseph Romm. Romm is a physicist and a leading blogger on climate issues; this book collects a number of his most important posts from his blog, Climate Action. A good discussion of a number of issues related to climate change/global warming.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing