Vampire Diaries --TV series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Silvirain

Re: Vampire Diaries --TV series

Post by Silvirain »

Poor Rose. I cried when she died.
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Here's my attempt at writing discussion questions for the latest episode The Descent:

1. How did you like the episode?

2. Did your perception of Rose change at all in this episode? Why or why not?

3. How would you describe Damon and Rose's relationship? How are they alike? How are they different?

4. During the last 5 min of Damon and Jessica, was I think the highlight of Damon's inner turmoil. Do you think there is any redemption for him or will Damon always be Damon?

5. Any thought on what will happen between Caroline and Tyler?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Hi, guys. Hope all is well. Since it seems like we've gotten 2 sets of discussion questions, I'm gonna combine them both and give answers to each. :)

1. How do you feel about this episode overall?
I thought that this episode was very insightful. I think we all should have learned a lot from each character.

2. How is Uncle John going to shake things up?
UGH! As soon as I saw his backstabbing face I knew it was gonna be trouble. I don't want him there AT ALL! But, hopefully he gets to see a better side of the vamps if he has to stuck around to help Elena.

3. Is Jules really going to help Tyler?
Yes and no. She seems like a bit of a b......lovely person..... :| but in some ways I think she can help Tyler.

4. Will Tyler fall for Jules trick and go after Caroline and the other vampires?
Yes. He's so new to this and he'll probably feel like Caroline's been feeding him too many lies.

5. Will Tyler learn to control himself?
Eventually.

6. Tyler/Caroline/Matt love triangle: What do you think?
::sigh:: so many complications. Luckily, Caroline has eyes for Matt and only wants to help Tyler......right? 8-)

7. What did you think of Damon's bedroom?
One word: SWOON! Lol. Bathroom was amazing. And if I remember correctly, someone in this thread gave us fair warning that we'd get that lovely view...right? ;)

8. Do you think Damon did the right thing by killing Rose?
Yes, sadness but there was no other way. Even if there was it would have been too late to do anything about it.

9. What will happen next for Damon?
IDK. Hopefully he doesn't do anything else incredibly stupid.

10. Did your perception of Rose change at all in this episode? Why or why not?
Yes, I hadn't been liking her too much after she ran out of Damon and Elena. But near the end in this episode I felt so bad for her. She was talking about how Trevor had been her best friends for 500 years or so. That's got to be hard to watch him die and then you die right after w/o him.

11. How would you describe Damon and Rose's relationship? How are they alike? How are they different?
Hmmm, obviously they we sex buddies....obviously. ;) But I think if she had gotten the chance to stick around a little longer they would have gotten more out of each other. They both missed being human.

12. Do you think there is any redemption for him or will Damon always be Damon?
::sigh:: Let's all join hands and pray for poor little Damon. This is why I think he needed Rose. His character could have improved so much if she had been there to help guide him.

13. Any thought on what will happen between Caroline and Tyler?
I think I saw a bit of the next episod ein the preview so I'l keep this one to myself. ;)

Great questions ladies. Can't wait for the next episode.

Is anyone else still a little trippy about the dream/death scene?

I'm also a little put out when I got to the end of the episode and realized I didn't see Jeremy ONCE! I don't mind not seeing Bonnie. Lol.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

BlueStarEgo wrote: Since it seems like we've gotten 2 sets of discussion questions, I'm gonna combine them both and give answers to each. :)
*Slaps hand* Bad mod! I forgot to check to see if there were discussion questions already posted. :blush: I didn't want our dear rapid_reader1 to feel like she has to post discussions all the time. Sorry!
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
rapid_reader1
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Watching for The Vampire Diaries season two, and Glee season two!!

Post by rapid_reader1 »

^ No worries! And great questions :D

I think it was a very strong comeback. But I'm starting to see a pattern of Damon-heartbreak whenever we come back from a hiatus....

Did anyone else find it funny that Stefan goes out for Isobel, and comes back with Uncle John? We obviously missed something. lol, but aside from that, I think he's got some kind of crazy information to share. Thinking about Isobel makes me wonder how the doppelganger gene is triggered. I mean, Isobel is Elena's birthmother, but she's not a doppelganger. Does it skip a few generations or something? If Elena has a daughter, will she be a doppelganger?

I think she will help him in her way. She doesn't seem to care about keeping control the way Mason did, so maybe her version of "control" is just giving into their animal nature. Tyler will need to decide for himself how to handle that.

4. Will Tyler fall for Jules trick and go after Caroline and the other vampires?
I'm not sure. He needs some answers though, so I guess we'll see.

Will he learn some kind of control? Yes. Will it be of the non-human-hurting variety? Who knows.

I loved the Catt scene in the last episode, where Care had tears in her eyes while telling Matty that she loved him. It was so sweet, and nice to know that she hasn't totally forgotten about him these past few episodes. With the Tyler/Jules thing, though, I don't know how they'll do.

Did anyone else see how huge his bed is? Loved it, all of it. And lmao to Elena and the silk sheets.

Yes, I do. It was good to see how much he cared for her. Even though a part of him wanted to be the usual Damon, the one who doesn't care and who doesn't get hurt, he stayed with her. That takes courage, and a lot of heart. I was so proud of him for that.

He'll need to deal with the consequences. I'm interested in Stefan and Elena's reactions when they find out. Stefan's been known to be very understanding but also very critical of his brother. Elena's been the same way. I hope they both can see it for what it is. He's not doing it to be evil again. He's doing it because it hurts too much not to.

10. General discussion.
To the dream: I thought it was very well done. It was so touching with Damon holding her inside the dream and out, and I think he killed her the best way possible. He did what he needed to do, in the only way he could. Are there other ways to kill her? Of course, but this was the only way he could do it. And the tear? Heartbreaking.

11. How did you like the episode?
See question 1. :)

12. Did your perception of Rose change at all in this episode? Why or why not?
I didn't like Rose at all until this episode. I didn't see any purpose for her character outside of Rose. After having watched the previous episode, I'm so grateful for her. She was very good to Damon. She never asked to be anything more or less than what he needed. She never judged him. I feel like she was someone he could rely on, and he really needs that.

13. How would you describe Damon and Rose's relationship? How are they alike? How are they different?
Their relationship was brief, but important. They both benefited from it, and changed because of it. Damon is everything Rose never was, and Rose had everything Damon doesn't. They were alike in many ways, such as their fierce protection of those they care for. But they were also different in the way that Rose was hiding for a very long time, whereas Damon faces his fears head on.

14. During the last 5 min of Damon and Jessica, was I think the highlight of Damon's inner turmoil. Do you think there is any redemption for him or will Damon always be Damon?
Damon is always Damon, but that means different things. He has a lot of walls to break through, and lately it seems like every time he took one down, he built two more in it's place. He's always battling with himself, trying to trust and love but also terrified to do so. It's a constant struggle similar to the one Stefan's talked about before, where he wakes up every morning and fights the temptation to take human life. Damon goes through every day struggling to keep his walls from crushing him completely. It makes him remarkable, and I admire him for continuing to fight everyday. Yes, he does make mistakes. He get's hurt, and he allows those walls to come up. Now he just has to work that much harder to bring them down again.

15. Any thought on what will happen between Caroline and Tyler?
I don't want to say too much, because I know some things from the promo, synopsis, and some recent interviews with Kevin Williamson. In short: It won't be good.

Vampire Academy forever! Team Damirian because both own my heart

ALSEW Awesome League of Extraordinary SKIT Writers

ILoveAliceCullen<3 is the best VFF ever!
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

cullengirl wrote:
BlueStarEgo wrote: Since it seems like we've gotten 2 sets of discussion questions, I'm gonna combine them both and give answers to each. :)
*Slaps hand* Bad mod! I forgot to check to see if there were discussion questions already posted. :blush: I didn't want our dear rapid_reader1 to feel like she has to post discussions all the time. Sorry!
Lol, no stress. I've tried my hand in discussions questions a few times, but rapid_reader1 just always do a great job. If you want to be relieved though I'm, sure we could all pitch in for some other great questions. ;)
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

I can't believe it's already Wednesday night and I still haven't answered the discussion questions!

I thought it was very dark and sad. We finally get to dig deeper into what's bothering Damon and see a different side of Rose.

I don't like him at all! Did anyone else recognize how healthy he is? I didn't until a friend pointed it out to me. She thinks he's changed into a vampire. I'm not so sure, but I hope he could give us more info as to why Katherine could be compelled by the old vamps and about the old vamps themselves.

Yes and no. I think she's going to teach him about what it means to be a werewolf, but I also think she's going to stir up the pot and kick start a vamp and werewolf war. Ultimately though, Tyler will need to decide for himself how to handle his nature and what side he wants to be on.

From the previews for tomorrow, it seems like it but I'm not sure. He definitely needs some answers.

Eventually he will, but it might take some time.

I loved that Catt scene too! I do think we're leaning towards Caroline and Tyler relationship. I see more of a spark there. i

It's quite lovely isn't? LOL! There's definitely a lot more space in his room compared to the comfy atmosphere of Stefan's room. I was surprised to see it really neat. It almost looks like he never lived there.

As much as it broke my heart to see him do it, I do think it was right. She would have been in so much pain and I thought this was the "easiest" way to go. The sensitive Damon that we know and love really came out when he took care of her and spent time with her. Yes, I do. It was good to see how much he cared for her. Even though a part of him wanted to be the usual Damon, the one who doesn't care and who doesn't get hurt, he stayed with her. That takes courage, and a lot of heart. I was so proud of him for that.

*Sigh* I honestly don't know. I'm sure he'll deal with the consequences or even be an active participant in a werewolf and vamp war if there is one. I also hope Stefan and Elena look deeper and see that Damon is really hurting and he isn't doing it because it's fun or that he's bored. I hated the half hug that Elena gives him because it seemed so fake.

10. General discussion.
I thought the dream/death sequence was phenomenally well done. To see Rose happy in that dream and not afraid, really struck a cord with Damon. And his tear, again brought tears to my eyes. Man, it was so heartbreaking!

11. Did your perception of Rose change at all in this episode? Why or why not?
To be honest, I really didn't care for her but in this episode I felt sorry for her. It always seemed like she got the short hand of the stick. She was changed when she didn't want to be and loved someone who didn't love her back. She was good and kind to Damon when he needed her the most.

13. How would you describe Damon and Rose's relationship? How are they alike? How are they different?
They both shared a common understanding. They hated what they are and didn't want to feel pain. Rose attempted to escape from her fears, but ultimately lost. Damon, though reckless and impulsive as he is, tries to face them. Both of them yearn for humanity and loved others who never really cared for them.

14. During the last 5 min of Damon and Jessica, was I think the highlight of Damon's inner turmoil. Do you think there is any redemption for him or will Damon always be Damon?
Those last 5 min of the show really demonstrate the wide range of emotions that Ian can bring to Damon. We watch as Rose's death crumbles his walls and his vulnerability and pain drips outside of him. He tries really hard to deflect any emotions by being a class A jerk but we know under all that bravado that he is hurt. No matter how much he tries to be good or what Elena wants him to be, he knows that he will never succeed and never have her. Therefore, he's always stuck right at the same spot, which is why he kills Jess. I really do think that Damon will change. It will just take him a lot longer to get there. I really do want him to be happy. I just don't know when that will happen. *Heavy sigh*

15. Any thought on what will happen between Caroline and Tyler?
It doesn't look good at all. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

We are a few days behind in the UK as it was shown on Tuesday night.

It was great to see a caring side to Damon and I wanted to mop up his tears but he soon got rid of that image in the last few minutes of the episode! I think his actions at the end were an act of rebellion against how he felt earlier re Rose. He does have feeelings but he isnt happy that he does feel. Its easier to keep playing the role of the bad guy rather than deal and admit his feelings hence his actions at the end, reinforcing to himself that he is a bad guy.

It will certainly get interesting between Caroline, Tyler and Matt - it was funny when she huffed into her house commenting about how she wished everyone to stop kissing her.

Im not keen on Jules yet. She seems scheming and untrustworthy at the mo.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
rapid_reader1
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Watching for The Vampire Diaries season two, and Glee season two!!

Post by rapid_reader1 »

These aren't discussion questions, but feel free to answer them if you'd like. I just had a lot of unanswered questions after the last episode, and thought it would be a good idea to write them down :)

1. How many werewolves are there, and how were these families chosen?
2. Why do Brady and Jules hate vampires so much? Why does she want Tyler?
3. What happened to Uncle John after he left?
4. If Uncle John is working with Kat, why did she stab him at the beginning of the season?
5. What did John want to talk to Jenna and Alaric about?
6. Will Caroline try to get revenge on the wolves?
7. Who's side is John really on? Who's side is Kat really on?
8. Will Matt talk to Caroline?
9. What is Isobel trying to do, and how will it stop Klaus from coming to Mystic Falls?

Now for the real questions!

1. How will Stefan and Elena react when they find out Damon is drinking HB again?
2. Will John succeed in releasing Katherine from the tomb?
3. Who's side do you think he's really on?
4. Can Elijah be trusted?
5. How will Damon's actions affect the entire group (Caroline, Bonnie, Stefan, Elena, Alaric, Jeremy, etc)?
6. Jenna and Matt seem to be getting closer to the truth. How would they react if they were told?
7. How do you feel about the Tyler/Caroline friendship versus the Bonnie/Caroline/Elena friendship?
8. Can the werewolves and vampire get along?
9. When will we see Klaus?
10. General discussion

:D

Vampire Academy forever! Team Damirian because both own my heart

ALSEW Awesome League of Extraordinary SKIT Writers

ILoveAliceCullen<3 is the best VFF ever!
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

It must be a busy week for you guys! Here's my take on the discussion questions:

1. How will Stefan and Elena react when they find out Damon is drinking HB again?

I don't think they will be surprised. I was a bit taken aback that he was drinking provane (sp?) along with Stefan. I thought only Stefan was doing so. Damon is definitely depressed over Rose's death and hung up about Elena. I think this thing with the werewolves would be a good distraction for him.

2. Will John succeed in releasing Katherine from the tomb? and 3. Who's side do you think he's really on?

I think he might be successful. I just don't understand why he's working with Isobel and Katherine, especially after Katherine tried to kill him. Something doesn't click. I don't know what side he is on, but what I do know is that I don't trust him at all.

4. Can Elijah be trusted?

I would say so, especially how that warlock came and helped Caroline, Stefan, and Damon.

5. How will Damon's actions affect the entire group (Caroline, Bonnie, Stefan, Elena, Alaric, Jeremy, etc)?

I think it's too early to tell yet. He hasn't done anything drastic that he hasn't done before.

6. Jenna and Matt seem to be getting closer to the truth. How would they react if they were told?

I think they would totally freak out, but I don't think it's going to happen. I don't see how their discovery is going to move the story along unless one of them is on the brink of dying and is changed.

7. How do you feel about the Tyler/Caroline friendship versus the Bonnie/Caroline/Elena friendship?

I was disappointed in Tyler, but I could understand his hesitation, but I would think he would see how much Caroline has done for him. I was so proud of Caroline for sticking up for herself and telling him off at the end.

8. Can the werewolves and vampire get along?
I still don't know what that wolf pack wants. Yes, Tyler is a member of their family that needs protection but there's something much bigger going on.

9. When will we see Klaus?

My guess is the season finale. I know that they have casted an actor to fill his role, but I think they will expand the werewolf pending battle a bit longer and then introduce him maybe when Katherine is set free.

10. General discussion
Of topic, but did anyone else hear the rumor that L.J. Smith reportedly got fired by the publishers? I hope it's a rumor.