Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by nissanmama »

cullengirl wrote:I handed her the Gutter cookbook and told her it was from the lex.
I didn't know you did that cullengirl! I love the idea that SM has several of my recipes in her house. :o)
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Hi all! I'm back and checking in. Whew, it's been too long!

Hope you are all doing well! I haven't met SM, but I love the stories for those that have. I hope she liked my recipe contributions! :D

Sign me up for the weight loss list. I can't seem to lose weight since Trey was born nor does my body want to go back to the pre-pregnant shape. Grrr!!!!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

nissanmama wrote:
cullengirl wrote:I handed her the Gutter cookbook and told her it was from the lex.
I didn't know you did that cullengirl! I love the idea that SM has several of my recipes in her house. :o)
Yeah, I did and I hope she took it with her after the event was over. She did look at me and tried to pinpoint who I was, but I didn't have a chance to actually have time to talk to her. I just smiled and said, "The adults of the Lex's Gutter compiled a cookbook for you." I wonder if she ever looked at it, but I hope that she did and enjoyed it. I should ask Alphie or Pel if they ever heard anything about it.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Cullengirl, do you remember who contributed to that book? I don't think I did because I don't know how to cook.
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Yeah, I actually have the computer doc of it. Let's see: N'mama, Nena, GNE, Sprtygal, bac, and a whole bunch of others. I still have some hard copies as well as an electronic version of it too. Did I completely mess up and not give you one? :blush:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

I don't think I contributed to it, so I wasn't entitled to a copy.
(If you are reading this saying WTH, cullengirl initiated this really sweet project where many of the adult fans on the Lex sent their favourite recipes and jointly created a cook book.)
This is why I am glad I am a female in the 21st century in North America - any other century, and I would be poor wifely material indeed - can't cook, can't sew, barely know how to do housekeeping. Loading the dishwasher "properly" is a mystery to me. Heck in Edward's early 1900s era Chicago, I really have no clue what I would've been up to. Heck, in Emmett's 1930s era rural America, I would have been a liability!
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
The Real Charlie Swan
Operating on a need to know basis

Post by The Real Charlie Swan »

Pardon my intrusion, but I have to ask about:
cullengirl wrote: I handed her the Gutter cookbook and told her it was from the lex.
Huh? There's a cookbook?

Last time I posted here asking about recipes I was told:
bac wrote:Sorry Charlie! This is for a different kind of baking. Perhaps Sue can show you some of her skills later, in private.
Let me tell you, Its taken me a while to get over that.

And now there is a cookbook? Why didn't you tell me?
Don't ever forget that I do carry a weapon. Please don't make me use it for the first time on you.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

LadyDi wrote:I don't think I contributed to it, so I wasn't entitled to a copy.
(If you are reading this saying WTH, cullengirl initiated this really sweet project where many of the adult fans on the Lex sent their favourite recipes and jointly created a cook book.)
This is why I am glad I am a female in the 21st century in North America - any other century, and I would be poor wifely material indeed - can't cook, can't sew, barely know how to do housekeeping. Loading the dishwasher "properly" is a mystery to me. Heck in Edward's early 1900s era Chicago, I really have no clue what I would've been up to. Heck, in Emmett's 1930s era rural America, I would have been a liability!

That's ok, LadyDi. You aren't alone. I'm totally helpless when it comes to the kitchen! Thank goodness my husband doesn't mind my lack of interest in both cooking and cleaning :roll: LOL

Thank you Naureen!!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

The Real Charlie Swan wrote:Pardon my intrusion, but I have to ask about:
cullengirl wrote: I handed her the Gutter cookbook and told her it was from the lex.
Huh? There's a cookbook?

Last time I posted here asking about recipes I was told:
bac wrote:Sorry Charlie! This is for a different kind of baking. Perhaps Sue can show you some of her skills later, in private.
Let me tell you, Its taken me a while to get over that.

And now there is a cookbook? Why didn't you tell me?
Um, believe it or not, we did actually make a cookbook. A real one. With food and everything. Normally, Charlie, when we discuss baking skills, they are in rooms other than the kitchen, though it will work in a pinch. However, we would be happy, VERY happy to teach Sue some of our culinary tricks of the trade. :twisted:

Wouldn't we, ladies? ;)
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

It is so fun to read your accounts of meeting SM.

Openhome, you crack me up.

Charlie, I stand by what I said before. Talk to Sue.
by Laniyeah on photobucket