Teen Thread -- Ages 13-19 (Tweens are welcome!)

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Re: Teen Thread -- Ages 13-19 (Tweens are welcome!)

Post by roo-roo91 »

@pheebs, wisdom teeth removal. I swear the only thing I remember is the nitroius oxide and.oxygyen mask being put over my nose. Heck, I think I remember an iv too, but the rest is all a blur. I don't think I dreamt while I was sleeping.. And if I did. It must not have been a good one.-'_-
Ah well, thanks for the concern though.
Nephys coming over Friday, that'll certainly help. That and finally being able to maybe eat foods that aren't just soft. I am sooooooooooooo getting a few beef n cheddar melts Friday. And curly fries. I could get a smoothie too, but I'm not sure if I can drink through a straw this early after surgery. It's a funny thing, you hear about what they do for it, and you get all worked up, thinking things like "But what if the anesthetic wears off during surgery?" There's no worries for it, the iv they use keeps a steady flow of it throughout your bloodstream, so there's a very small chance of anyone waking up. And yes, it does hurt after it, and it will continue hurting for a few days, or so I'm told. But I don't really care. I'm just glad its over and they're finally gone. No more rubbing my achey jaw everyday, nope. Well maybe I'm wrong there, I probably will still do that, but not as often. I have plenty of meds to help through the pain, both prescribed for me after the surgery and ones I room before hard. Plus I've got tons of friends like you guys making me feel better. I was pretty loopy after the surgery, apparently I kept asking where I was, and laughed a weird laugh too. Huh. Pity I don't really remember it. Heh, one of my meds can cause amnesia. XD

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
i am bella
Often Mistaken for a Bear
Location: wherever it's raining .::. #9 .::. woiloping with sarah

Post by i am bella »

Guess where I'm off to!!! Workkkkk! :P

@Kim: So you have to limit yourselves?? That's weird... I don't think we have a limit, but people know when enough is enough, haha
Busy is always fun! :D
Yeah, that's why I end up telling sooo many people like everything. I like being able to talk to everyone about everything. :lol:
We had a fire in a town nearby the other day, which is kinda rare or at least really preventable around here, and it was soooo sad. They showed this story about how a woman had had her wedding dress being tailored and the tailor's shop burnt down and she's getting married this Saturday!! So sad! :cry:
Weather in New England never knows what it wants to do. So dumb. :lol:

@PJ: Heylo!! I'm good. You??

~*Chrome*~
ImageImage
~sam~piercing/tattoo expert~sarah=twinny~im on the listv2!~
roo-roo91

Post by roo-roo91 »

Ok, for everyone who's paying attention to me,and those who aaren't as well.... Yesterday, one of the sutures(the stitches they used to stitch up the holes where the wisdom teeth were, they're the kind that dissolve a few days or so after surgery) fell out. No need for alarm though, its all good. Yes it means that hole will take longer to heal, and yes it means I'll still have to gargle saltwater even after the others are healed to prevent infection and keep food out of that hole. But its ok. I only freak if I touch it, and try to gently as hell get bits of food out of it and it bleeds, it doesn't bleed much, and it does hurt for a bit after that, but its ok. My mom called the doctor who performed the surgery and he said its ok, it happens all the time. And my brother(the one who still lives with me and my parents, who also had his wisdom teeth removed) said its ok, he had the same thing happen to him. If anyone's wondering how it happened, I picked at it a few times, and i rubbed my tongue against it. It did bleed when it came off, and it did get stuck in the hole, but me being the idiot I am sometimes, stupidly pulled it out during dinner last night, or rather I think I got it out, it looked like a stitch,I have seen stitches before, trust me, people at my house have had them before, so I know what they look like. It bled of course, since I reached with my fingernails and pulled it out, my fingernails are pretty thick, long and sharp at the moment, so I guess I should have figured it'd bleed. But still its out, so there's no wondering if its stuck or not. Anyways, I'm going to see if I can eat Arbys tonight, I may or may not regret this though, depends on if I feel pain eating again. I had one donut for breakfast and it does hurt a bit to open my mouth, not just because of the surgery, but because of two cuts on my lip, one on each side. I also haven't brushed my teeth yet since the surgery, yeah I'm friggin scared to do it. Due to the fact that I usually brush to the very back. Which I can't do now, and if I do, I have to be incredibly careful, I mean incredibly careful brushing back there. If I don't I'll probably scream loudly or something if the toothpaste gets into the exposed hole. So like I said at the beginning of the post, do NOT freak. It's all good. I'm also incredibly fine at the moment I post this, and incredibly happy. My dads might give me my birthday money early, so there's a chance I could get pokémon black on the day it comes out. Might be able too. I might not though, just in case I want to keep the money. I'm also excited to see my nephew, who will definitely make me feel better. He's so cute. And Wendy of course, realizes somewhat that there's something wrong with me, so shes been lying near me often, she's a total sweetie. It's times like this, when she shows concern, that shows one of the biggest reasons I LOVE animals. They understand in a sense if somethings wrong, they can't help you in the way a human can, but they can comfort you by being near you, and just lying there. They'll even at times try not give you any problems. It's just so sweet.

Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by vampyre_princess »

I know I haven’t posted in a while… I did check whilst Paul was here, but never go the time to actually post, then it’s been one thing after another this week so haven’t been able to post :( sorry

Well, headaches are gone - my diet is now dairy free…. seems I'm dairy intolerant which was causing the headaches/migraines.

My weekend with Paul was fun, he loved it here, thought it was good practice for when he gets into the RAF and we have to live on an RAF base, they are like a “bubble” just like my uni is :)

Paige~ When does your term start then?

Kym~I was so petrified moving to uni, I’m miles away from home, and with my mental issues I didn’t think It was a good idea… but it seems to be okay (touch wood) at the moment

Phoebe ~ I’m fine, wishing it was a week ago though :( Paul was here then, and I miss him already, I cannot wait for april to get here so I can go home and see him again. How are you?

Chels~ wow you are making me petrified for when my wisdom teeth are actually through, I hate dentists and surgery :( how old are you by the way (just wondering cause the wisdom teeth)

♥Pixie Jitterbug♥
♥ away with the fairies ♥
^ follow me :) please?
○Team Stefan○♠Team Switzerland♠
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Hey everyone! For some reason I couldn't connect to the Lex :shock: all the other sites worked except for this one! I'm glad I could finally connect though lol!

Chels~ Wow that sounds kinda crazy! I'm glad you're doing okay! I need to get my widom teeth pulled out and I'm not looking forward to that lol!
Omg Chels! I know you said everything is fine, but that sounds scary and painful :O! I'm so worried about how badly it will hurt when I get mine pulled out! I can't miss very many days of school so if I can I'm going to get my teeth pulled out during Spring Break, but if it's so painful then I might have to miss a few days of school!

Fee-B~ Hey!! I'm glad to see you are back :)!
Don't worry about having not posted! We understand! It's nice to have you back and I don't think our conversation was so important so don't worry about that either lol!
I'm doing okay ;)! I'm still dealing with that stuff that happened to me that we talked about so that causes problems every now and then! School is starting to cause a few problems too, but other than that life is great lol! How are you doing??

Sam~ Haha I never hear anyone else mention work as much as you do :lol:!
Yeah it's so weird that we have limits! The only thing that is never limited is that all the sports teams are allowed to sell some kind of food! Like right now the baseball team is selling tickets that you can use to go to collect pancakes lol!
Haha that's kind how I am like I will let everyone know what's going on so I can just tell everyone at once!
Omg that's soo sad :(!! Aw poor lady I know that must be soo hard!

Jitterbug~ Yay I'm glad that the headaches are gone!
Aww I'm so glad you and Paul had a good time :)!
That's a problem for me too like I'm so dependent on my friends and family so I'm worried about moving away without any of them! The two universities I'm thinking about are about two hours away from home so it's not too bad, but I don't want to be lonely and I get lonely very easily!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
roo-roo91

Post by roo-roo91 »

Aww don't be frightened. I'm only havin issues cause I have a thing for picking at things, and I popped a stitch. It will hurt, and since I have sensitive gums, its pretty bad. Just schedule it at the beginning of spring break, you should be fine after spring breaks over. If not, then take a day or two off at the most. You will have meds, like I've said and they are a huge help. Painkillers, antibiotics, and steroids, thatll stop the gums from swelling. Ice packs help too. Ten minutes on each side, though if you make my mistake and pop a stitch you'll need to put it on longer for that side. Do NOT freak out about it if one pops, it happens and it only hurts if you bite down too hard with that side of the jaw. I'll send you a pm telling you more, ok.

21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Chels~ Ooh ok that sounds a bit better! Thanks for the advice :)! My dentist has been bugging and bugging me to get them pulled out as soon as I can so hopefully soon it will be taken care of without too much pain! Thanks :)!

~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by vampyre_princess »

Kym~if you are anything like me it will be okay, once you get over the initial shock!

Chels~thanks that would be great, they have to come through first!
♥ away with the fairies ♥
^ follow me :) please?
○Team Stefan○♠Team Switzerland♠
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
i am bella
Often Mistaken for a Bear
Location: wherever it's raining .::. #9 .::. woiloping with sarah

Post by i am bella »

No work for five days???? It feels so weird...... But one of the girls is gonna be gone again because of a surgery so back to lots of shifts! :)
And there's gonna be two new tools guys!! Eeeeeepp!! :O

@Kim: I do talk about work an awful lot.... (Points to first three lines of post. :lol: ) I think it's because I genuinely like it. Like, I feel like I'm on my own page about working because no one else likes it. But I'm one of those people who believe in the saying 'it's not what you're doing but who you're doing it with', so as long as I'm with the people I like to talk to and hang with, I don't care what I'm doing, hence why I love tools! :lol:
Your sports teams get to fundraise?? Ours don't really do fundraising. We just have our sports fees that fund the teams I think. Some teams definitely do fundraisers but it's usually outside of the school or at the games or stuff. The whole pancake thing you mentioned confuzzles me. :?
Yeah, and the more people you tell, the more people you can vent to. But the problem with that is that if you tell a lot of people your secrets, it's very risky.... I need to start realizing that. :lol:

~*Chrome*~
ImageImage
~sam~piercing/tattoo expert~sarah=twinny~im on the listv2!~
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Hello my Lexicon loves :D! :lol:
Great news!! Yesterday I went out of town to go prom dress shopping :clap:! I found a dress that I loved, but then it turned out that one of my friends bought it :(! The good news is that I found another dress that I loved so I bought that one lol! I'll upload pics to my FB whenever I can!

Jitterbug~ Yeah hopefully! It will take sometime to get used to being off on my own, but I think it will be okay! :)

Sam~ :clap: for new tool guys! Lol!
Haha yep exactly! Well I think it's so awesome that you like working! I know lots of people complain about it, but you have fun and that's how it should be! I really dislike people who are always grumpy at their jobs lol! Yes that's awesome that you have great people to work with so you enjoy it!
Yup they sure do get to fundraise! Whenever they want to get new stuff like new uniforms they will sell stuff or have a car wash or find other ways to raise money! Lol I had a feeling the pancake thing would be confusing! Ok so all the players get paper tickets that explain a time, place, and event, they sell the tickets to people for like $6 and on that planned date and time you can take your ticket to the place and pick up the item, this occasion it was a pancake meal! It's usually held at like the high school gym and you can go get the food on that day! I hope that made more sense :lol:!
Yes that's the awesome thing is that you can vent more often because eventually you're going to be around someone who will understand :lol:! Yes telling soo many people you're secrets can be very dangerous :?!